2nds Gold Coast Reserves: Title Defense 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Young Sandringham NAB League vice-captain Luca Macnab has been named to make his VFL debut for the club off the interchange as a top-up player.

Just wondering how a dragons player ends up as a top up player for the suns. His ex dragons coach being the vfl coach doesn't hurt.

I see De Goey is his fav player, so wonder if he wants to try be that sort of player. Big bodied mid who can go forward.

Agreed, looks like we dominated the stats however we didn’t kick straight. Flanders had one of his better games.

Murtagh and Conroy are QAFL quality
Guess you have to give them credit for at least getting out there and giving it a go. Not there fault they were put on the list and a level that is probably a bit above them. Flanders should probably be playing before Davies atm

Guess you have to give them credit for at least getting out there and giving it a go. Not there fault they were put on the list and a level that is probably a bit above them. Flanders should probably be playing before Davies atm

Agree it’s an achievement to even made VFL they are doing a lot better than me. Davies needed games in AFL which he has had now. Unsure if Flanders is the answer. Tsitas, Constable, Hollands, Bowes would play the role Davies does better imo

Flanders, Bowes and Constable look to be pushing for a spot.
I’d take Constable based on last two games in VFL. Bowes can have one more game maybe.

But with Anderson back in, not sure who you take out. Swallow has to stay in the mids. I guess Davies is the obvious choice.

Fiorini maybe. Got plenty of the ball today though and a few nice linking plays. Needs to stop the looping kick though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How on earth did we lose this game with players getting the following disposals - Bowes 28, Tsitas 29, Constable 32, Hollands 27 and Flanders 36, and Moyle 47 hit outs?

How on earth did we lose this game with players getting the following disposals - Bowes 28, Tsitas 29, Constable 32, Hollands 27 and Flanders 36, and Moyle 47 hit outs?
There were terrible conditions, breeze from one side. WILL were way more efficient going inside 50. Suns dominated most of the game only for WILL to go inside and score while Suns missed. There was a patch in 3rd quarter where WILL got on top and scored 5 consecutive goals. Suns defence average at best.

Suns played only 22 players from the beginning and then Griffith got injured in 2nd qtr.

It was good contest. Suns definitely better in the middle.

Moyle best for me although it's difficult to judge against WILL rucks.

Day very good marking and kicking. Jeffrey looking pretty good too. Ace chased hard, got some speed.

Inside Flanders and Constable best for me. Hollands pretty good too. Tsitas looks like VFL only player for me.

In defence Andrew struggled I would say, missed spoils, dropped marks.

Bowes still rusty for me.

There were terrible conditions, breeze from one side. WILL were way more efficient going inside 50. Suns dominated most of the game only for WILL to go inside and score while Suns missed. There was a patch in 3rd quarter where WILL got on top and scored 5 consecutive goals. Suns defence average at best.

Suns played only 22 players from the beginning and then Griffith got injured in 2nd qtr.

It was good contest. Suns definitely better in the middle.

Moyle best for me although it's difficult to judge against WILL rucks.

Day very good marking and kicking. Jeffrey looking pretty good too. Ace chased hard, got some speed.

Inside Flanders and Constable best for me. Hollands pretty good too. Tsitas looks like VFL only player for me.

In defence Andrew struggled I would say, missed spoils, dropped marks.

Bowes still rusty for me.
Cheers for the insight. I didn’t get to see the game but I can’t ever recall a midfield with such dominance losing a game!

He has good attributes to go back to being a midfielder, he seems done as a fwd though
Doesn't win enough contested ball and has a shithouse defensive work rate, it's why they put him forward to start with.
Watch some 2016* games, he was a worse version of Aaron Hall.

* I think it was 2016 he played mainly midfield

Have always been a fan of sexton but he really seems to be battling after his off season surgery ( groin I think it was) has lost a bit of speed and agility which was a strength when going well. Probably the type of player we will need to make a tough call on with management of the salary cap and maybe reduction of list size.

Have been a huge Secco fan and I wonder why he's dropped off
I don't think he's a player Dew marked harshly like some others because he has been offered opportunities under him but just hasn't grasped them
If he can't fight his way back in with some solid reserves performance he might have to look elsewhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Back