Gold Coast Sale

Remove this Banner Ad

Lobbe and Ah Chee have virtually no value. Port would love to get Lobbe out of there salary cap.

Sam Day is a decent forward when not injured.

Thats up there with the best.. haha

I think the fact that he just dislocated his hip might lower his value somewhat. I wasn't implying that's all they should get, just saying that they could be two players that would fit GCS from an age point of view.

I think the fact that he just dislocated his hip might lower his value somewhat. I wasn't implying that's all they should get, just saying that they could be two players that would fit GCS from an age point of view.
I think GC should look at Ah Chee, they could do worse.

When they have Nichols, Witts and 1 more ruck they don't need Lobbe.

Agree, the hip injury will lower there value but I don't think Ah Chee or Lobbe have any value beyond a token late pick.

In what world do we need Lobbe?

I think GC should look at Ah Chee, they could do worse.

When they have Nichols, Witts and 1 more ruck they don't need Lobbe.

Agree, the hip injury will lower there value but I don't think Ah Chee or Lobbe have any value beyond a token late pick.

Which is fair, I was going from the perspective that they might want to rid themselves of Nichols and pick up someone relatively free from injury woes.

The hip could be a big problem for him going forwards, Hawthorn found out with Beau Dowler that it's difficult to recover from an injury that bad.

Which is fair, I was going from the perspective that they might want to rid themselves of Nichols and pick up someone relatively free from injury woes.

The hip could be a big problem for him going forwards, Hawthorn found out with Beau Dowler that it's difficult to recover from an injury that bad.

I had assumed he will recover from the injury with out much injury, Dowler puts an interesting spin on it. I hope GC medical team is good :eek::'(

1. Swallow isn't out of contract, and wouldn't be delisted anyway as he's been playing good footy in the second half of the year
2. If you bothered to read my posts, I said Swallow and a swap of picks in GC's favour for Hall

I think it would have to be very heavily weighted in GC's favour. Besides, GC are more interested in players rather than picks.
Another player (perhaps from a 3rd club) might need to be involved, with Swallow being the steak knives.

With the suns looking for mature midfielders and leadership, I reckon a trade involving Andrew Swallow (plus a pick swap, probably in your favour) might be on the cards. While he struggled early in the year, he was back to his best by the end and you won't find a better leader for a young group, both on and off field. Looks like a potential win-win scenario and allows Spitta to play with his brother which he apparently has always wanted to do.
That is horrendous. Swallow would cost pick 50+, Hall would cost late first, early second

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing too exciting in that list.

Would be keen on Ah chee.

Masten plus pick 30 plus next years Eagles 2nd for Ah chee and Gold Costs 3rd rounder this year.

Suns then have pick 2 and then 5 second round picks this year plus another 2nd rounder banked for 2018.
Why would GC trade Ah Chee (pick 10 in a draft from 2 years ago) for a shitty second and Masten. Ah Chee is 19, no way this occurs

Why would GC trade Ah Chee (pick 10 in a draft from 2 years ago) for a shitty second and Masten. Ah Chee is 19, no way this occurs

Go look what GWS traded top picks for. Pickett? Pick 4 went as steak knives.

It only occurs if Ah chee asks for a trade and if needed a 2018 2nd rounder may be needed.

Gold Coast stated it needed experienced players nit just draft picks.

Understand Masten is the steak knives in any deal but two 2nd rounders plus a player itsnt stupid for a half forward. He's not a kp, ruck or gun mid is he?

GC will let Masten run out his contract with Eagles, and wait for port to delist Brendon ah Chee to unite the two . Keep their second rd draft pick get a cheaper option in Brendon.

Port isn't delisting ah chee. At the least he'll get a one year deal also he has equal value to more than half those players mentioned.

As for Sam day he might re-consider a trade. Port weren't top 8 last year now they are. It is understood that his parents are huge port supporters and have memberships while that means nothing the connection is there for him. He is the exact player port need.

Ah chee is a very strong chance to land at gcs this year who else wants to play for them?
As for a trade well that depends on Hinkley port could use that as a threat to steal from gcs. Like pay massive overs in a trade and he's yours.

Port isn't delisting ah chee. At the least he'll get a one year deal also he has equal value to more than half those players mentioned.

As for Sam day he might re-consider a trade. Port weren't top 8 last year now they are. It is understood that his parents are huge port supporters and have memberships while that means nothing the connection is there for him. He is the exact player port need.

Ah chee is a very strong chance to land at gcs this year who else wants to play for them?
As for a trade well that depends on Hinkley port could use that as a threat to steal from gcs. Like pay massive overs in a trade and he's yours.
Fair enough , but since ah Chee is out of contract and with limited playing time with Port , I won't be surprised he go PSD rather than sign one year extension.

Fair enough , but since ah Chee is out of contract and with limited playing time with Port , I won't be surprised he go PSD rather than sign one year extension.
And risk not getting picked up? Last year there was no pre season draft because not enough teams entered what if that happened again? Pre season is more for those who weren't offered a contract at all.

Go look what GWS traded top picks for. Pickett? Pick 4 went as steak knives.

It only occurs if Ah chee asks for a trade and if needed a 2018 2nd rounder may be needed.

Gold Coast stated it needed experienced players nit just draft picks.

Understand Masten is the steak knives in any deal but two 2nd rounders plus a player itsnt stupid for a half forward. He's not a kp, ruck or gun mid is he?
I don't know what you are thinking here but
1. Ah Chee is 19, raw talent, and kicked 10 goals in 3 games during the season, before succumbing to back injuries.
2. Pickett did not play a game for 2 years and was close to being delisted.
3. Ah Chee loves the club
4. Why would GC get rid of a player in their best 22 whilst at 19, for absolute shite.

And risk not getting picked up? Last year there was no pre season draft because not enough teams entered what if that happened again? Pre season is more for those who weren't offered a contract at all.
If you mention him having strong chance at Gc and with GC holding PSD pick 2 , I can see rhys Palmer type of deal if brendon really want to play with his brother callum .

If you mention him having strong chance at Gc and with GC holding PSD pick 2 , I can see rhys Palmer type of deal if brendon really want to play with his brother callum .
Yeah I get what you're saying. But I meant it's a risk for ah chee if he chooses that path what happens if he's not picked up. He may be scared into signing with port in case they don't draft him like last year they said they'd trade for him but never.

Yeah I get what you're saying. But I meant it's a risk for ah chee if he chooses that path what happens if he's not picked up. He may be scared into signing with port in case they don't draft him like last year they said they'd trade for him but never.
That is the thing that hold against Port . Brendon signing one year contract since 2015 . If you are him you will look for other option .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back