Gold Coast Sale

Remove this Banner Ad

GC will need to bring players in. Who will they be?
Stab at a 22 with players i think can get them to finals:

Saad Leslie Scrimshaw
KK May Hanley
Hall Fiorini Miller
Ah Chee Lynch Martin
Ainsworth Wright Day
Witts Lyons Scheer
Barlow Bowes Swallow Brodie

Pick 2 should net them one of Rayner or Dow. Two players who add a bit of grunt.
Would cover the loss of Hall.
Saad is a bit of a loss if he goes.

Overall, that list isn't too bad.
8 in the 22 are very early into their careers. Keep them together and build on their experience, and with the right coach, they should be a good team soon enough.

Last edited:

Saad Leslie Scrimshaw
KK May Hanley
Ainsworth Fiorini Miller
Ah Chee Lynch Martin
Garlett Wright Day
Witts Lyons Scheer
Hall Bowes Swallow Brodie

Pick 2 should net them one of Rayner or Dow. Two players who add a bit of grunt.

8 in the 22 are very early into their careers. Keep them together and build on their experience, and with the right coach, they should be a good team soon enough.
What's the average age of that team, 22? That's a best 22 without injuries before hand too.

Surely Suns make do with JKolo and Lang. Fair deal for both parties IMO. If Geelong want to dump Murdoch Thurlow or Ruggles they're gonna have to cough up an actually valuable piece.
This where clubs can really win though, in the depth player stakes.
Take Ruggles and Thurlow for example.
Both to me are best 22 for the Cats. Thurlow was our best youngster 18 months ago. He did his knee, spent a year out and then successfully came back this year. Early in the year he looked slow and had a terrible turning circle. Late year he put together a good month or so and really should have been in the team. Next year he takes Mackies spot.
Ruggles was also unlucky. He had cemented himself last year and early this season until Josh Gibson knocked him out on easter Monday. He missed a few, came back and picked up a bad shoulder. Played good footy but couldn't dislodge Stewart or Bews.
Over the years you've had players like Mumford, Kennedy, McGlynn et al who for one reason or another couldn't get a good run at it.
Forget the posturing or trying to win a deal, do your homework and find the rough diamonds in the system.

What's the average age of that team, 22? That's a best 22 without injuries before hand too.
yep, the depth isn't crash hot.
I didn't count Barlow.
Not sure how guys like Schoenfield are going to turn out.

I imagine much of this "fire sale" is to clear out the depth that may not be pulling their weight and bringing in some players to cover injuries, but also set a standard.

Guys i'd look at:
Howlett, Ambrose, Bird from Essendon. Not flash, but they do the hard yards.
Cam Ellis-Yeoman, Cameron, Wigg from Adelaide. would be another trio i'd look at.

Adds depth, guidance and experience without costing the farm.

yep, the depth isn't crash hot.
I didn't count Barlow.
Not sure how guys like Schoenfield are going to turn out.

I imagine much of this "fire sale" is to clear out the depth that may not be pulling their weight and bringing in some players to cover injuries, but also set a standard.

Guys i'd look at:
Howlett, Ambrose, Bird from Essendon. Not flash, but they do the hard yards.
Cam Ellis-Yeoman, Cameron, Wigg from Adelaide. would be another trio i'd look at.

Adds depth, guidance and experience without costing the farm.
Andrew Swallow would be close to a like for like with Barlow out for the year. Will be up to him if he wants to move; North won't push him.

I'm totally against trading Broadbent and was last year too. Our main issue is our disposal by foot and its not solved by trading out one of our best kicks. I understand he is another half back that doesn't have the engine to play midfield but the thing I like about some of the trading that we're doing it's moving on some our worst butchers by foot.

All our best kicks are already playing in our back half. We need better kicks in our forwards mostly and midfield (particularly outside mids) second.

Saad Leslie Scrimshaw
KK May Hanley
Ainsworth Fiorini Miller
Ah Chee Lynch Martin
Garlett Wright Day
Witts Lyons Scheer

Gcs really should hit this draft for key defenders. You need 3 good defensive talls preferably with the 3rd being flexible. May is great , Leslie I don't know much about ? The rest are more flankers. Ie kk scrimshaw. Good draft for defenders too with those mid picks they have.

Gcs really should hit this draft for key defenders. You need 3 good defensive talls preferably with the 3rd being flexible. May is great , Leslie I don't know much about ? The rest are more flankers. Ie kk scrimshaw. Good draft for defenders too with those mid picks they have.
We have Thompson as well, Leslie taking over Thompson at this stage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saad Leslie Scrimshaw
KK May Hanley
Ainsworth Fiorini Miller
Ah Chee Lynch Martin
Garlett Wright Day
Witts Lyons Scheer

Garlett isn't at the club. Also missing Barlow and Harbrow. I think Thompson is still best 22 as well.

Garlett isn't at the club. Also missing Barlow and Harbrow. I think Thompson is still best 22 as well.
i didn't pick up on Garlett not making it.

Barlow - who knows how/if he comes back.
Thompson i left out since he had looked like he lost his spot.

either or, the list isn't a complete write off.
a good 22 is there.
And can be added to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back