Opinion Gold Coast should be allowed to pay Ben King outside the Salary Cap

Remove this Banner Ad

Just fold the club. Hopefully a couple of Covid years has lost the AFL enough coin to scrap the GC and AFLW. It’s a business and if people don’t want to pay to watch or pay for your product then you have nothing. How many years can they just keep footing the bill. GC and GWS just diluted the talent pool. Now an extra 100 blokes on a list that weren’t good enough previously. AFLW the same, adding more teams dilutes the talent even further. Actually pretty scary that it could be any worse to watch.
Why scrap the AFLW???

How the Swans plucked a rugby duckling | AFL Players' Association

He played Union before AFL but preferred AFL after trying it and was talented enough he probably didn't need Academy to get drafted but it made it a easy choice when came to picking one code over the other.

Yes, i've read the propoganda.

Would the below quote come from someone who really only decided to leave rugby because of Sydney's academy? I don't think so.

"I put my hand up and backed up from rugby, and I really enjoyed it actually, it was good fun," the 17-year-old told AFL.com.au.

"I like rugby, but I don't. There's multiple things that I hate about the game. It's not really fun, it's really one-dimensional, it's just a line.

"They run into you, you tackle, they run into you, you tackle. With AFL it's much better, it's all around the ground and I get to use my endurance, which I really like."

Yep. Imagine where Melbourne would be right now, or Carlton for that matter if in their dark days as they were trying to rebuild every year they had players poached from them. It would be so much more difficult to rebuild.
Scully, Frawley, McLean, Howe all poached from Melbourne during the bad days while trying to re-build.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back