Gold Coast sports curse

Does the Gold Coast sports curse exist?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The Curse is about to be lifted
More context on the Carrara/Skase Curse from the May-June edition of Bears Facts.
Bears and Albert Shire sign long-term lease

The Bears are well and truly home at Carrara after the signing of a 30 year lease with the Albert Shire Council for the permanent usage of Carrara sporting stadium for the Brisbane Bears. The lease also has an option for a further two - ten year periods ensuring the Bears are home at Carrara for the next 50 years.

The Bears will operate the administrative offices, all player and training facilities and develop a complex second to none in Queensland to feature a wide variety of sport and entertainment. The Bears stadium will ultimately become the property of the Albert Shire Council for the use of all Albert Shire residents.

The Bears intend to upgrade parking facilities, construct a pedestrian overpass and a stadium facility incorporating offices, gymnasium, merchandise area and sponsor boxes and much, much more in the coming years.
So 2020 marks the first year that the 30 year lease would not have been in place if the Bears had continued. Is the curse about to be lifted? I sure hope so!

Seems poetic that our 10th year in the comp is also the year this supposed curse is lifted and it's the same year that we're probably in the best shape we've ever been (Some may disagree but seriously, our list has never been a closer group). Mostly thanks to the assistance but I'd like to think that this curse does exist. The Titans coming last as well and its supposed revival may mean a new era for the Gold Coast. Only time will tell

I notice the suns ceo mark evans moved matt rowell and noah anderson into his house. Smart move. He needs to make sure they don't move out and then find cavill and orchid avenue and karmichael hunts drug dealer. Would be a great place to play football and enjoy success as a team but the Gold Coast glitter monster is just waiting to eat them alive. The team needs people with their heads screwed on the right way and it looks like the club might have got a few pieces of the jigsaw finally in place.

I notice the suns ceo mark evans moved matt rowell and noah anderson into his house. Smart move. He needs to make sure they don't move out and then find cavill and orchid avenue and karmichael hunts drug dealer. Would be a great place to play football and enjoy success as a team but the Gold Coast glitter monster is just waiting to eat them alive. The team needs people with their heads screwed on the right way and it looks like the club might have got a few pieces of the jigsaw finally in place.

King and Lukosius were with Evans and his wife last year as well and they're both going OK. I have no doubt Buzz and Ando are in fine hands.

The only people who get caught up in surfers paradise are the people who are there for a weekend or holiday.. now the party boys have left the club there’s no one being eaten alive by the “glitter strip”

The only people who get caught up in surfers paradise are the people who are there for a weekend or holiday.. now the party boys have left the club there’s no one being eaten alive by the “glitter strip”
Good to hear, it would be great to see a club on the Gold Coast finally have success. Just got to keep the team together, stay focused, build a great team culture and start winning some games. The greater Gold Coast region must be a sleeping giant - all the ex southerners from afl heartlands that have moved north for whatever reason, the locals playing afl and the rest of the population up there with an interest in the game must be crying out for a reason to support a team. If the Suns continue this year with some success and Rowell and a few others can play an exciting brand then the current group of players could do for the Suns in the next 5 years what the Swans players with Plugger did for Sydney in the late 90's and bring some real interest and support to the club. Good luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Glitter Monster feasted out at 3.30am this morning on a couple of Tigers. Must have been hungry.

The Glitter Monster feasted out at 3.30am this morning on a couple of Tigers. Must have been hungry.
We've taken the ancient Aztec stratagem of sacrificing outsiders to appease the Sun Gods now.

Unfortunately for Miguel and Julio this isn't a Disney movie.

Back