azza77

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Manchester Utd
Hey guys, dont mean to dig up and old thread but didnt want to post on your normal pre-season thread. Do you see Fiorini playing 22 games this year finally? Any sort of indication on what Dew's thoughts on him are?

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Hey guys, dont mean to dig up and old thread but didnt want to post on your normal pre-season thread. Do you see Fiorini playing 22 games this year finally? Any sort of indication on what Dew's thoughts on him are?
Yeah I think so! With Ablett leaving there is a space for him.

We don't have a lot of star power in the midfield, but we have A LOT of people that can rotate through, I think by the end of the season Fiorini will be a staple in there being the accumulator, he has also shown he can bob up for a goal.

azza77

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Manchester Utd
No comment - work it out yourself...

Thanks for the insight, very helpful!

Yeah I think so! With Ablett leaving there is a space for him.

We don't have a lot of star power in the midfield, but we have A LOT of people that can rotate through, I think by the end of the season Fiorini will be a staple in there being the accumulator, he has also shown he can bob up for a goal.

Yeah, and that was probably the biggest reason for me asking, is that you have a few of the same type running through the mids. Lost Ablett, but gained Weller and people like Lyons and Hanley back from injury. I figured that Fiorini would be very much part of your future plans, so surely Dew would be wanting to pump games into him. Just wasnt sure how much time he would get Behind the likes of Swallow/Lyons/Miller/Barlow/Brodie and if he's ahead of the likes of Holman/Rischitelli.

Hey Guys, what's the go with Barlow only being the emergency in both praccy games?
I thought with Gazza gone Barlow would of been a mainstay in the guts to have a mature head and strong body helping out the all the young guys.

longytap

Team Captain
Feb 5, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Essendon
Hey Guys, what's the go with Barlow only being the emergency in both praccy games?
I thought with Gazza gone Barlow would of been a mainstay in the guts to have a mature head and strong body helping out the all the young guys.
I agree, its bizzare. Don't think we're killing it that much to leave him out...

JRyan23

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Well I have him in my team as well but right now it looks like he may be a fringe player, as with Swallow, Hall, Lyons, Brodie, Fiorini and to an extent Rischitelli to choose from as well as Barlow, he may be left out. Personally I think he plays but im not the selection panel

Remove this Banner Ad

Back