gcsunsfc

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Have Miles and Burgess in my team. Fingers crossed
Miles is interesting.
Was a lot of preseason talk from people who thought he’d come up here and be our best player.
Basically no one had him by the time round 1 started though.
If he can match the games that sheed, brad crouch and libba - all similarly priced - played, then I’d be very happy for you and for our team!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Righteo

Purple Campaigner
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Celtics - The Brew Crew
Hey guys, what role was Charlie Ballard playing yesterday and do you have faith he can sustain that sort of form? He's listed as a defender in fantasy which makes him pretty enticing.

gcsunsfc

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Hey guys, what role was Charlie Ballard playing yesterday and do you have faith he can sustain that sort of form? He's listed as a defender in fantasy which makes him pretty enticing.
Will stay playing that same role I think

Had a great game
His pre season was excellent and carried it onto round 1 - clearly his best career game
Unsure if he would keep up that pace - 24 possessions, he only had more than 13 once last year.
Obviously massively improved though

Righteo

Purple Campaigner
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Celtics - The Brew Crew
Will stay playing that same role I think

Had a great game
His pre season was excellent and carried it onto round 1 - clearly his best career game
Unsure if he would keep up that pace - 24 possessions, he only had more than 13 once last year.
Obviously massively improved though
Thanks for that, he looks the goods. also hope Swallow is fine for this week, poor guy deserves a good run at it

YippeeYiYeo

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
sorry for the intrusion.

I watched the game on the weekend and really liked the look of Powell. Obviously he scored well but he attacked the footy hard, laid some shephards and looked quality.

Do you guys consider him easily best 22, or is usually on the chopping block after a loss?

GCStormie

Team Captain
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
WCE, Renault F1, Scorchers
sorry for the intrusion.

I watched the game on the weekend and really liked the look of Powell. Obviously he scored well but he attacked the footy hard, laid some shephards and looked quality.

Do you guys consider him easily best 22, or is usually on the chopping block after a loss?
Very small sample size, as he's a second year player thats only played a handful of games.
Very hard to make comments on best-22s as we have a very unstable list year on year - compared to some clubs that only have 4-5 changes i think we have 13? new names, on a larger than the rest of the AFL list.
That said if he maintains that or similar form i don't think anyone would drop him.
If i were the MC id be giving him regular breaks as in my opinion his body still isn't really ready for AFL despite having the skills for it.

gym4life

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
What happened to Weller? Expected him to break out a little this year as he has the tools but absolutely flopped on the weekend. Any insight would be much appreciated.

kreglze

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
What happened to Weller? Expected him to break out a little this year as he has the tools but absolutely flopped on the weekend. Any insight would be much appreciated.
A bad game for him. If he gets 20-25 touches a game that is good for him. Especially if they are long penetrating kicks. He is never going to be the 30+ possession getter.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gcsunsfc

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
sorry for the intrusion.

I’d say he’s safe for now.
No real precedence to go on because last year he was basically gifted games because we had no one else to choose from.

Actually looks best 22 worthy this year.
Most had either him or ah chee as best 22 after jlt.

Ghs and Murdoch the two most likely to be omitted for form after rd 1.

Not the worst pick but could see him averaging about 70 SuperCoach

We’re going to lose a number of games where he is likely to be less influential and probably score pretty poorly to be honest.

Deliverance

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sorry for the interruption. Just noticing one J Martin's scores. Had considered him preseason, but chickened out. Seems to be playing plenty of mid time by his stats. Is this the case? Expecting more of the same? Thanks

gcsunsfc

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Sorry for the interruption. Just noticing one J Martin's scores. Had considered him preseason, but chickened out. ks
Seems to be playing plenty of mid time by his stats. Is this the case? Expecting more of the same?
Yes
Yes

gcsunsfc

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Is Ainsworth likely to keep getting midfield time? Looks enticing at his price in afl fantasy this week.
I think he is good for 15 - 22 disposals a couple of tackles and close to a goal a game.
Adds some dynamism to a midfield that is pretty one paced and workmanlike.
Macpherson and Holman more time in the forward 50, Ainsworth on the wing.

Top Bottom