Remove this Banner Ad

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Hey guys, what role was Charlie Ballard playing yesterday and do you have faith he can sustain that sort of form? He's listed as a defender in fantasy which makes him pretty enticing.

Will stay playing that same role I think

Had a great game
His pre season was excellent and carried it onto round 1 - clearly his best career game
Unsure if he would keep up that pace - 24 possessions, he only had more than 13 once last year.
Obviously massively improved though

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Will stay playing that same role I think

Had a great game
His pre season was excellent and carried it onto round 1 - clearly his best career game
Unsure if he would keep up that pace - 24 possessions, he only had more than 13 once last year.
Obviously massively improved though

Thanks for that, he looks the goods. also hope Swallow is fine for this week, poor guy deserves a good run at it

GCStormie

Team Captain
Aug 29, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
WCE, Renault F1, Scorchers
sorry for the intrusion.

I watched the game on the weekend and really liked the look of Powell. Obviously he scored well but he attacked the footy hard, laid some shephards and looked quality.

Do you guys consider him easily best 22, or is usually on the chopping block after a loss?
Very small sample size, as he's a second year player thats only played a handful of games.
Very hard to make comments on best-22s as we have a very unstable list year on year - compared to some clubs that only have 4-5 changes i think we have 13? new names, on a larger than the rest of the AFL list.
That said if he maintains that or similar form i don't think anyone would drop him.
If i were the MC id be giving him regular breaks as in my opinion his body still isn't really ready for AFL despite having the skills for it.

gym4life

Norm Smith Medallist
Melbourne Bolts Player - BFFCL Pokemon is Life
May 22, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
What happened to Weller? Expected him to break out a little this year as he has the tools but absolutely flopped on the weekend. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
What happened to Weller? Expected him to break out a little this year as he has the tools but absolutely flopped on the weekend. Any insight would be much appreciated.
To be honest he's just not a consistent AFL footballer .

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
A bad game for him. If he gets 20-25 touches a game that is good for him. Especially if they are long penetrating kicks. He is never going to be the 30+ possession getter.

Last edited:

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
sorry for the intrusion.

I watched the game on the weekend and really liked the look of Powell. Obviously he scored well but he attacked the footy hard, laid some shephards and looked quality.

Do you guys consider him easily best 22, or is usually on the chopping block after a loss?

I’d say he’s safe for now.
No real precedence to go on because last year he was basically gifted games because we had no one else to choose from.

Actually looks best 22 worthy this year.
Most had either him or ah chee as best 22 after jlt.

Ghs and Murdoch the two most likely to be omitted for form after rd 1.

Not the worst pick but could see him averaging about 70 SuperCoach

We’re going to lose a number of games where he is likely to be less influential and probably score pretty poorly to be honest.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rimb

Team Captain
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Is Ainsworth likely to keep getting midfield time? Looks enticing at his price in afl fantasy this week.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Is Ainsworth likely to keep getting midfield time? Looks enticing at his price in afl fantasy this week.
I think he is good for 15 - 22 disposals a couple of tackles and close to a goal a game.
Adds some dynamism to a midfield that is pretty one paced and workmanlike.
Macpherson and Holman more time in the forward 50, Ainsworth on the wing.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Wouldn't say the Suns board SC league is the strongest...
The collingwood bigfooty league is ranked the number 1 league whilst the gold coast bigfooty league is ranked 13,500th haha

For anyone who would like to learn more about how to play there are some good sites dedicated to super coach and selections / tactics etc..
Camsta, princy_99 - you guys are playing first year right? some of the below may be helpful if you keen to learn more.

supercoachscores.com - serious analysis
supercoachtalk.com - more blogs with comments than a forum I think.
big footy super coach forum - mostly banter with a slight undertone of actual super coach tactics.

Would be great to get a competitive league built up over time.

Aug 2, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Wouldn't say the Suns board SC league is the strongest...
The collingwood bigfooty league is ranked the number 1 league whilst the gold coast bigfooty league is ranked 13,500th haha

For anyone who would like to learn more about how to play there are some good sites dedicated to super coach and selections / tactics etc..
Camsta, princy_99 - you guys are playing first year right? some of the below may be helpful if you keen to learn more.

supercoachscores.com - serious analysis
supercoachtalk.com - more blogs with comments than a forum I think.
big footy super coach forum - mostly banter with a slight undertone of actual super coach tactics.

Would be great to get a competitive league built up over time.
I’ve been doing SuperCoach for the last 8 years. This year is by far the hardest I’ve found. Lack of rookies really make it hard to make a good team

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I’ve been doing SuperCoach for the last 8 years. This year is by far the hardest I’ve found. Lack of rookies really make it hard to make a good team

Yeah it’s been a difficult year no doubt.
Missing on key rookies and picking dead end ones how’ll have some dramatic downstream effects.

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
Yeah it’s been a difficult year no doubt.
Missing on key rookies and picking dead end ones how’ll have some dramatic downstream effects.

Ranked 2K a few years running but this year building a team slowly to knock you off in the Suns league!!
But yeah it’s a tough year building that team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back