Remove this Banner Ad

RowellAnderson12

All Australian
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Pacers
Can only see Matt Rowell, Jack Lukosius & Oleg Markov being relevant in any form this year.

big78sam

All Australian
Oct 4, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm in a Keeper League that uses AFL fantasy scoring and we have a rule that enables you to lock in a player as a position from a previous year. I have Weller and Ellis, both can be locked as a defender but I only have 1 spare lock. They will only be relevant as a defender, the other will be stuck on the bench. Ellis had better scoring last year but Weller is younger. I'm shooting for a flag this year but also want to consider longer term. Which do you rate higher?

If either of them is a shot to be given defender or forward eligibility mid year that will also come into it. I'd be more inclined to lock the other hoping to get both mid year. What sort of role do you think they'll have this year?

RowellAnderson12

All Australian
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Pacers
I'm in a Keeper League that uses AFL fantasy scoring and we have a rule that enables you to lock in a player as a position from a previous year. I have Weller and Ellis, both can be locked as a defender but I only have 1 spare lock. They will only be relevant as a defender, the other will be stuck on the bench. Ellis had better scoring last year but Weller is younger. I'm shooting for a flag this year but also want to consider longer term. Which do you rate higher?

If either of them is a shot to be given defender or forward eligibility mid year that will also come into it. I'd be more inclined to lock the other hoping to get both mid year. What sort of role do you think they'll have this year?
Ellis will be more consistent scoring. He managed to score 70's easily last year and get 15+ touches most games. He will be on the wing all year and all game so i would be pretty happy going with him. No chance of DPP though.

I owned Weller for some time last year as he was a Defender but he will be a burst midfielder again who will be clean around the stoppage but barely laid any tackles and any marks to pump high scores.

Overall, Ellis (85-90) > Weller (75-85)

Mt Isa Mustang

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Last edited:

Maybe Tomorrow

Team Captain
Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better Loosen Up

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hi guys. What's the go with Fiorini? Seemed to have dropped off the perch for some reason in 2020...

Any info on why this happened would be great as well as your thoughts on what role he will play this year.

Jirik13

Premiership Player
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hi guys. What's the go with Fiorini? Seemed to have dropped off the perch for some reason in 2020...

Any info on why this happened would be great as well as your thoughts on what role he will play this year.
More competition for spots with Rowell, Anderson in. Now even Brodie jumped ahead of him. He had a groin surgery before 2020 season which slowed him down. He looks in great shape, trim but IMHO he will have a hard time to break in unless injuries happen. Not fast, not a great tackler, not a pressure player, can't play really anywhere else. SUNS do try him on the wing.

Remove this Banner Ad