Academy: Gold Coast SUNS Gun Factory

Remove this Banner Ad

Think we need to prepare for walter to be bid on at no.2. Has kicked 2 and missed an easy set shot and it's not quarter time yet. Marking anything in his area and is so aggressive in his tackling and pressure also.

Think we need to prepare for walter to be bid on at no.2. Has kicked 2 and missed an easy set shot and it's not quarter time yet. Marking anything in his area and is so aggressive in his tackling and pressure also.

Could’ve had a shot then but done the selfless thing and tried to pass for a closer option

Walter finished with 17 disposals, 9 marks and 3 goals 5 behinds.

Could have been a mega game.

Took some good contested marks earlier in the game according to commentators. Draws free kicks given his size and attack on the ball in the air. Nice long kick too. Easily made it when kicking from the paint of 50.

Absolutely a Casboult replacement.

Walter finished with 17 disposals, 9 marks and 3 goals 5 behinds.

Could have been a mega game.

Took some good contested marks earlier in the game according to commentators. Draws free kicks given his size and attack on the ball in the air. Nice long kick too. Easily made it when kicking from the paint of 50.

Absolutely a Casboult replacement.
He does attack the contest with speed, which I like, and was always chasing down his opponent. Seems pretty quick in bursts.

Had a nice little goal assist, but missed some very gettable shots.

Last edited:
Fits our game plan nicely
Which part? Burst speed and strong marking or missing gettable shots…?

But in all seriousness, I can definitely see him being top 5 if he keeps going like this. If he went 5.3 (he hit one out on the full too), it would be more reflective of his output today.

We just have to hope nobody bids, at least not early.

Rogers was ok but definitely quieter than his BOG outings a few weeks back. Read solid in the ruck without being as dominant as earlier in the year.

Good game by the Allies.

Which part? Burst speed and strong marking or missing gettable shots…?

But in all seriousness, I can definitely see him being top 5 if he keeps going like this. If he went 5.3 (he hit one out on the full too), it would be more reflective of his output today.

We just have to hope nobody bids, at least not early.

Rogers was ok but definitely quieter than his BOG outings a few weeks back. Read solid in the ruck without being as dominant as earlier in the year.

Good game by the Allies.
To me he looks like perfect casboult replacement.

Can see him king and luko fitting so well together up front.

So Jed is 197cm now? He must still be growing because every draft analyst had him at 195cm at the start of the season.

So exciting to hear him dominate in a game against a traditional footy state like South Australia. This kid is special!

I agree with others that we probably need to start preparing for a top 3 bid on Walter.

Walter, Read and Rogers all getting good wraps from this game.

Allies team today - Rogers & Lombard in the middle of the bottom row and Walter & Read on the far left of the bottom row.

fgwwjx1.jpg

Last edited:
Walter, Read and Rogers all getting good wraps from this game.

Allies team today - Rogers & Lombard in the middle of the bottom row and Walter & Read on the far left of the bottom row.

fgwwjx1.jpg
Will Graham #26 as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to the whinge-athon in the draft period when the mocks have all those locally developed players going to the Suns.

Do these numbnuts realise that if we have so many highly rated players then we won't have the picks to draft Victorian players like Humper?

Hang on? Wait a minute....wtaf? Is that right?

Luck going our way for a change. Humper one year, then three locals the next. A beautiful set of date of births.

Good pick up. Pretty incredible to see three PBC juniors from the same age group lining up together in a National Championships game for the Allies.

Walter and Read are PBC juniors. Rogers is Broady and Lombard Is Burleigh.

Edit: Sorry, you were talking about Graham too. Yep, definitely a footy factory at the southern end of the Coast.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Saw him live in Melbourne a few weeks ago and I would have him at 195.

Could be wrong tho…

You must have Augmented Reality built in to your eye balls with measuring sticks to be able to notice a difference of 2cm...

You must have Augmented Reality built in to your eye balls with measuring sticks to be able to notice a difference of 2cm...

No, just comparing him to others that were listed at the same height as they came off the field.

Like I said, could be wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back