Academy: Gold Coast SUNS Gun Factory

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully we get him back in a few years, who knows.
Yeah, seems like we are finally sorting out our player development.

Ballard and Powell are shining examples of that. As 2nd year players they are looking like they could be potential B/A graders if they continue to develop.
Well done to Bailey for receiving the Rising Star nomination this week. Unfortunate that we missed out on getting Bailey in his draft year but there's hope for the future. His brother Darby plays for the Broadbeach juniors and is coming through our academy system at the moment. I believe he is draft eligible next year. Obviously if we can convince Darby to stay with us then that increases our chances of bringing Bailey home in the future. Having the two Scott brothers playing for their hometown team on the Gold Coast would be a great story. If anyone is wondering, apparently Darby is quite the talented footballer as well.

Let's hope it plays out like it did with the Swallow brothers where we recruit the younger brother and the older brother decides he wants to leave North to join us later in his career.

Well done to Bailey for receiving the Rising Star nomination this week. Unfortunate that we missed out on getting Bailey in his draft year but there's hope for the future. His brother Darby plays for the Broadbeach juniors and is coming through our academy system at the moment. I believe he is draft eligible next year. Obviously if we can convince Darby to stay with us then that increases our chances of bringing Bailey home in the future. Having the two Scott brothers playing for their hometown team on the Gold Coast would be a great story. If anyone is wondering, apparently Darby is quite the talented footballer as well.

Let's hope it plays out like it did with the Swallow brothers where we recruit the younger brother and the older brother decides he wants to leave North to join us later in his career.

Thanks for the info - similar type of player? outside runner?
Interesting name
darBy?

Thanks for the info - similar type of player? outside runner?
Interesting name
darBy?
Not sure about his position but you'd have to assume he's a similar type to Bailey. After further investigation, I think he may be draft eligible in 2021 so we have a little more time to convince him to stay with us. If we build on the family culture we're establishing over the next few years then it's possible we could have brothers from the Swallows, the Crossleys, the Joyces, the Scotts and probably even more I'm not aware of.

It's really important for us to retain the best players coming out of our academy so we really need to make sure we do everything we can to convince the likes of Darby Scott and Will Ashcroft that the Gold Coast Football Club is where they want to ply their trade, both now and going forward.

Not sure about his position but you'd have to assume he's a similar type to Bailey. After further investigation, I think he may be draft eligible in 2021 so we have a little more time to convince him to stay with us. If we build on the family culture we're establishing over the next few years then it's possible we could have brothers from the Swallows, the Crossleys, the Joyces, the Scotts and probably even more I'm not aware of.

It's really important for us to retain the best players coming out of our academy so we really need to make sure we do everything we can to convince the likes of Darby Scott and Will Ashcroft that the Gold Coast Football Club is where they want to ply their trade, both now and going forward.

critical

A few interesting anecdotes. Jack Johnston from PBC is in fact the son of Essendon and Fitzroy footballer David Johnston. Luckily for us he didn't play over 50 games for either club so we won't have to worry about the father-son rule with him. Ethan Dawson, brother of Jacob, looks really lively, particularly in the forward line. Ashton Crossley, brother of Brayden, has been a little quiet by his standards but he is at least getting some of the ball.

The best players for us so far appear to be Ace (PNG), Selsby (Cairns), Budarick (Labrador) and Dawson (PBC).

A few interesting anecdotes. Jack Johnston from PBC is in fact the son of Essendon and Fitzroy footballer David Johnston. Luckily for us he didn't play over 50 games for either club so we won't have to worry about the father-son rule with him. Ethan Dawson, brother of Jacob, looks really lively, particularly in the forward line. Ashton Crossley, brother of Brayden, has been a little quiet by his standards but he is at least getting some of the ball.

The best players for us so far appear to be Ace (PNG), Selsby (Cairns), Budarick (Labrador) and Dawson (PBC).

Attachments

• 46ECB924-8A41-4795-BA76-579146FCE72F.png
    46ECB924-8A41-4795-BA76-579146FCE72F.png
    101.7 KB · Views: 147
Conor Budarick's stat line looks most impressive - 22 disposals, 6 marks, 9 tackles and a goal, but it looks like Josh Gore was named best on with 15 disposals, 3 marks, 7 tackles and 3 goals. Ashton Crossley looks like he picked up his game in the second half by accumulating 27 disposals and underager Alex Davies definitely deserves a mention as well for his 21 disposals and 4 tackles. Good to see Corey Joyce (brother of Jesse) and Ethan Dawson (brother of Jacob) were significantly involved in the big win too. Ace must have really dropped off in the second half because he was really good in the first half.

Do we know if Budarick has grown at all over the last 12 months? I felt last year that his 175cm frame could hold him back so I really hope he's grown at least a few centimetres.

Our academy boys remain undefeated in the NAB League this year with a 28 point victory over the Lions academy at Yeronga this afternoon. Would be interesting to see a breakdown of the stats like last time (henryjeffery). I believe Josh Gore may have kicked 4 or 5 goals in this game which is impressive after his 3 goals last week against the NT.

Next week the boys take on the Oakleigh Chargers at Southport on Sunday morning. Oakleigh are also undefeated this season so it'll be a good match up for our boys to see where they sit in terms of the national U18 standard. The early prediction for number 1 draft pick Matt Rowell will be playing for Oakleigh as well as other top 10 prospects Noah Anderson and Dylan Williams. So it would be a good game to attend if you're interested in seeing a few future stars of the AFL.

Our academy boys remain undefeated in the NAB League this year with a 28 point victory over the Lions academy at Yeronga this afternoon. Would be interesting to see a breakdown of the stats like last time (henryjeffery). I believe Josh Gore may have kicked 4 or 5 goals in this game which is impressive after his 3 goals last week against the NT.

Next week the boys take on the Oakleigh Chargers at Southport on Sunday morning. Oakleigh are also undefeated this season so it'll be a good match up for our boys to see where they sit in terms of the national U18 standard. The early prediction for number 1 draft pick Matt Rowell will be playing for Oakleigh as well as other top 10 prospects Noah Anderson and Dylan Williams. So it would be a good game to attend if you're interested in seeing a few future stars of the AFL.
J gore 3 goal 12 disposal
Crossley 28 disposal
Budarick 25 d , 0.2
Ace 17 d , 1.2
* Nab league app pretty good .

I come bearing some good news about Connor Budarick...
Connor Budarick
Height: 177cm
Weight: 74kg
Comment: An Allies hub member and under-18 All-Australian. He is a small rover who can go forward and across half-back. Connor has good skills and is good in the air for his size.
He is now taller than regular AFL midfielders Dayne Zorko and Dion Prestia. If height was previously an issue for Budarick, it shouldn't be anymore.

Apparently there is a trial for Vic Metro this weekend and Chargers have left Anderson, Rowell, Williams, Bianco at home.

If GC academy don't win by 10 goals then these northern academies are light years behind Vic U18s competition

On CPH1725 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apparently there is a trial for Vic Metro this weekend and Chargers have left Anderson, Rowell, Williams, Bianco at home.

If GC academy don't win by 10 goals then these northern academies are light years behind Vic U18s competition

On CPH1725 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Both Vic Metro and Vic Country have selected two teams each to play off against each other. I'm not 100% sure on numbers, but I believe that's 96 players pulled from the NAB league this weekend.

Private school footy starts next week, so the NAB league teams will lose all their private school 17 and 18 year olds for the next 10 to 12 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For anyone interested in watching our academy take on Oakleigh at the Southport Sharks. Our boys are in front at the moment. Unsurprisingly, Budarick is best on for us and will probably catch the eye of some Victorian recruiters after this performance. Not necessarily a good thing for us because it will likely mean an earlier bid on him in the draft but that's a side effect of this greater exposure our academy players are getting in the NAB League.

For anyone interested in watching our academy take on Oakleigh at the Southport Sharks. Our boys are in front at the moment. Unsurprisingly, Budarick is best on for us and will probably catch the eye of some Victorian recruiters after this performance. Not necessarily a good thing for us because it will likely mean an earlier bid on him in the draft but that's a side effect of this greater exposure our academy players are getting in the NAB League.

He is not playing against Powell and Anderson , this is basically Oakleigh reserve team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back