Prediction Gold Coast Suns Best 22 for 2018

Greendogg

Club Legend
Nov 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Everyone seems pretty impressed with the current 22, lets say Hall comes in for Rosa and Hanley comes in for say Mcpherson (in the next fortnight or so) Im not going to put Wright in just yet until I say how Day goes for a couple of games in normal conditions.. that makes the team something like this...

KK Thomo Harbs
Rischa May Joyce
Hanley Swallow Weller
Martin Lynch Ainsworth
Young Day Holman
Witts Lyons Hall
Fiorini Sexton Bowes Miller

That makes the ressies something like this...

Willis Leslie Scrim
Wigg Spencer Schoen
Ballard Lonners Rosa
Powell Wright Mcpherson
Ah Chee Crossley Lemmons
Nicholls Brodie Barlow
Scheer Nutley Jaska Heron

Sorry Jacob Dawson, we don't have a thirds

And this could be the ressies side for round one in 9 days...
All it takes is no further injuries
A win against Carlton this wknd
And Hanley getting up..
Probably not all going to happen but that is one talented looking ressies team, I would pay to watch..

Last edited:

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
We have to play and play and play 2MP at the highest level
Playing him in the NEAFL is useless for everyone
I don't know how you'd work it but we can't put all our eggs in the Lynch basket
No practice match and put him straight into team? I don't think so. First probably some limited minutes in NEAFL like Lemmens.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
No practice match and put him straight into team? I don't think so. First probably some limited minutes in NEAFL like Lemmens.
I don't mind a hit out in the NEAFL although I don't think it's entirely necessary
But I don't think his inclusion in the team should be based on NEAFL form
He's in my first 8 picked every week

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I don't mind a hit out in the NEAFL although I don't think it's entirely necessary
Coming from calf injury and not having any match fitness is way too risky I believe. Also I don't think Dew is keen to play 3 talls. His form should be better than Day's to replace him.

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
My sentiments as well.
Wright may well need a run in the NEAFL to blow out the cobwebs or prove to Dewy and co. that he can run out a game and is over the calf complaint.
However, the kid is 21 and has kicked 59 goals in 42 games in a side that has been fairly woeful, as the second option. And he is tracking upwards beautifully. There is no reason not to bring him as soon as he is ready. And having big Sammy on the bench capable of playing down back, up forward or in the ruck (or allows Wright to go in the ruck if Witts goes down) gives us flexibility.

Back