Prediction Gold Coast Suns Best 22 for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s won all of our time trials.. he’s as fit as they come

They also moved him to wing in his 2nd season and he did not cope. More mature in body and mind now and he should handle the move to the wing a lot better. There is a clear spot there for him since he can run all day, can find the ball, and is a decent kick (no better than decent atm, has turned it over a bit much for mine). Adding Weller and KK to midfield/wing will really help with our running.....(pretty low bar though).

If Dewy is going with a more defensive gameplan, I can see Lemmens featuring. Has at times shown in our weaker times he was the only one willing to put pressure on and lay some hard tackles, if he improves with everyone else in this department he will be an important part of the team.

If Lemmens stays the same Lemmens we know he probably won't be at the Suns in 2019

My best 22 this year is gonna be a little bit different to everyone else

FB: Jesse Joyce ~ Steven May ~ Kade Kolodjashnij
HB: Pearce Hanley ~ Jack Leslie ~ Jarrod Harbrow
CEN: Lachie Weller ~ Touk Miller ~ Brayden Fiorini
HF: Michael Barlow ~ Tom Lynch ~ Jack Martin
FF: Aaron Young ~ Peter Wright ~ Ben Ainsworth
1R: Jarrod Witts ~ David Swallow ~ Jarryd Lyons
INT: Will Brodie ~ Jack Bowes ~ Sam Day ~ Aaron Hall

I think Bowes and Brodie step up enough to take spots in the 22, Rosa is too old and slow and hasnt done enough to keep a spot, Sexton is a bit of a wildcard but at this stage i think Bowes might go past him.
Leslie edges out Thompson because of durability, And Fiorini starts on a wing. Its his 3rd year in the league its time he becomes a week in week out player

I think Bowes and Brodie step up enough to take spots in the 22, Rosa is too old and slow and hasnt done enough to keep a spot, Sexton is a bit of a wildcard but at this stage i think Bowes might go past him.
Leslie edges out Thompson because of durability, And Fiorini starts on a wing. Its his 3rd year in the league its time he becomes a week in week out player
I like it. I think Day will start at NEAFL - still a bit overweight, still big unknown how he will go in games. Ah Chee will be in the best 22 as Sexton. It would not surprise me if Lemmens does well under Dew - he looks bigger this preseason and pressures and tackles well. A lot of competition for spots.

I like it. I think Day will start at NEAFL - still a bit overweight, still big unknown how he will go in games. Ah Chee will be in the best 22 as Sexton. It would not surprise me if Lemmens does well under Dew - he looks bigger this preseason and pressures and tackles well. A lot of competition for spots.
I dont think Sexton makes best 22 unless he adds more to his game then streaming down the wing and missing targets. Young takes AhChees spot for me in the forward line. I think Bowes and Brodie will surprise people this year

Pretty muchthe same 22 Im running with at the moment except Day -> AhChee and about 4-5 players fighting for Bowes spot on the bench.

Also hoping Schoenfield can be a surprise packet this year. Seems to have all the tools - can run all day, clean skills, looks to have put on quite a bit of size, and seems to be growing in confidence/leadership/more settled along with the other 3rd year players. Hopefully we stick him on the wing and let him run all day rather then throwing him all over the place like we did last year. Alot of competition for those wing spots but Schoenfield seems like the most natural Issac Smith style wingmen we've got in our depths.

A big year for all our 3rd years really. AhChee and Fiorini as well, and hopefully Joyce continues on his trajectory.

I dont think Sexton makes best 22 unless he adds more to his game then streaming down the wing and missing targets. Young takes AhChees spot for me in the forward line. I think Bowes and Brodie will surprise people this year
I think we will see a lot more of Brodie and Bowes and possibly Scrimshaw but not all 22 games. Probably still 1-2 years to go to build tank, bodies for midfield roles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big question mark leading into Rd.1 will be where our pick 2 recruit Lachie Weller will line up , half back , wing or in the guts??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Wing best fit for him at time being, rotate him through the guts but use his pace, running and kicking skills on the outside.

Not sure why people have KK in the back pocket and Harbs at half back?
It seems all the mail is for Kade to get further up the ground and then you'd imagine Harbrow to probably take Saad's spot in the last line
agreed. semi-concerning how prone harbs is for a clanger coming out of the last line. i guess that's offset by the amount of end to end goals he'll create?

Not sure why people have KK in the back pocket and Harbs at half back?
It seems all the mail is for Kade to get further up the ground and then you'd imagine Harbrow to probably take Saad's spot in the last line

Yeah agree , harbs and Joyce going to take those small dangerous forwards this year , if one of those go down it’s slim pickings since saad left , maybe Willis can step up or a nutting or heron .

I would really like to press like twice for this , only thing I will be watching is if we come out of it unscathed.

don't you think that, given the trend of world sport 'condensing', this will be a smash hit? jam-packed action for a shorter period of time (soccer), less players, close ups on faces to idolise the fewer players (basketball vs NFL/NHL), higher scoring (Sevens?)... can't see how it doesn't work over time.

don't you think that, given the trend of world sport 'condensing', this will be a smash hit? jam-packed action for a shorter period of time (soccer), less players, close ups on faces to idolise the fewer players (basketball vs NFL/NHL), higher scoring (Sevens?)... can't see how it doesn't work over time.

Given our history with injuries playing a game 1st up which apparently is played at break neck speed doesn’t bode well , hopefully some of the young lads show there wears and we get through it unscathed.

Given our history with injuries playing a game 1st up which apparently is played at break neck speed doesn’t bode well , hopefully some of the young lads show there wears and we get through it unscathed.

oh yeah no, i'm with you, i'd be fuming if like Lynch played and was injured. just gauging opinion on the concept itself.

oh yeah no, i'm with you, i'd be fuming if like Lynch played and was injured. just gauging opinion on the concept itself.
Well i personally don't like the idea. It'll be as bad for footy as 2020 was/is for cricket. (ie great for attendances and terrible for the game)
Wont be watching
(yes i realise how hypocritical this sounds given over there <- i say im a scorchers fan pretty much given up protesting the 2020 juggernaut at this point.)

Well i personally don't like the idea. It'll be as bad for footy as 2020 was/is for cricket. (ie great for attendances and terrible for the game)
Wont be watching
(yes i realise how hypocritical this sounds given over there <- i say im a scorchers fan pretty much given up protesting the 2020 juggernaut at this point.)
AFLX will break you down eventually too :p

Wont be watching
I went to the Melbourne Derby of the Big Bash. Tickets were pretty cheap and my brother had never been to the MCG before, so for the first time I decided to go. It was a terrible production, with the flames shooting into the air after a 40 degree day a bit too much to handle. I actually fell asleep as the Stars put on the most boring 20 overs I'd ever witnessed, then got mildly excited for 30 minutes as the Renegades put on a run chase that got them home with 3 overs to spare, despite Cameron White's best efforts to ice the run rate.
I will actually go to the AFLX in Melbourne at ETIHAD, even though it is all Victorian clubs. I think the concept could have legs as an export - not too many countries have these luxurious 200m long ovals, but they all make room for soccer pitches. It might also be the kind of thing that China would be into, with North America and Africa the other markets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back