My best 22 this year is gonna be a little bit different to everyone else

FB: Jesse Joyce ~ Steven May ~ Kade Kolodjashnij
HB: Pearce Hanley ~ Jack Leslie ~ Jarrod Harbrow
CEN: Lachie Weller ~ Touk Miller ~ Brayden Fiorini
HF: Michael Barlow ~ Tom Lynch ~ Jack Martin
FF: Aaron Young ~ Peter Wright ~ Ben Ainsworth
1R: Jarrod Witts ~ David Swallow ~ Jarryd Lyons
INT: Will Brodie ~ Jack Bowes ~ Sam Day ~ Aaron Hall

I think Bowes and Brodie step up enough to take spots in the 22, Rosa is too old and slow and hasnt done enough to keep a spot, Sexton is a bit of a wildcard but at this stage i think Bowes might go past him.
Leslie edges out Thompson because of durability, And Fiorini starts on a wing. Its his 3rd year in the league its time he becomes a week in week out player
Obviously I don't know your team as well most of you however I am an AFL fanatic who watches basically every game so I am not talking totally out of turn when discussing the Suns.
I am somewhat surprised with your selection of Miller in the middle and Hall on the bench. I would have thought it would be the other way around.
Whilst I'm here, what is everyone's thoughts on DT bargains that will emerge from the Suns this year?
It surprises me that the mods don't create a Fantasy/DT, SuperCoach thread in every club's forum page.

What I would like to see but not what I think I will see

FB: Jesse Joyce ~ Jack Leslie ~ Jarrod Harbrow
HB: David Swallow ~ Steven May ~ Kade Kolodjashnij
CEN: Lachie Weller ~ Touk Miller ~ Brayden Fiorini
HF: Ben Ainsworth ~ Tom Lynch ~ Jack Martin
FF: Aaron Young ~ Peter Wright ~ Michael Barlow
1R: Jarrod Witts ~ Pearce Hanley ~ Jarryd Lyons
INT: Will Brodie ~ Jack Bowes ~ Callum Ah Chee
~ Aaron Hall

For me KK to HBF, Weller on a Wing and Hanley on ball with the capacity to change with Swallow. I would love to put Day in but I need to see hie put in some NEAFL time as his was a very big injury.

Obviously I don't know your team as well most of you however I am an AFL fanatic who watches basically every game so I am not talking totally out of turn when discussing the Suns.
I am somewhat surprised with your selection of Miller in the middle and Hall on the bench. I would have thought it would be the other way around.
Whilst I'm here, what is everyone's thoughts on DT bargains that will emerge from the Suns this year?
It surprises me that the mods don't create a Fantasy/DT, SuperCoach thread in every club's forum page.

Hall isn’t too respected by diehard Suns fans because he plays footy wearing a Dinner Suit.

Aaron Halls defensive liabilities still give me nightmares so until he learns to consistently give a two way effort he isn't a starting mid for me. Yes his attacking when on song is up there with the best in the league but he can kick one goal and then cost you 2 at the other end

Wow! Every game? You are a king amongst men and someone to be revered..
Women would like to sleep with you and men would want to be you.. and i swear this is all true except for the bit about women wanting to sleep with you..
Seriously how do u find the time, i am beyond jealous.

Bandicoot, much as Hall is an exciting player capable of banging in goals from outside 50, racking up possessions and polling Brownlow votes, he's also a coachkiller. He's a Fijian Tasmanian, which is as unique as his flawed skillset. Out of 19 games last season, SEN Inside Footy rated him poor in 6 games, elite in 5 games and above average/good in the rest.
I don't get to many live games, but the consensus on the forums is that he ball watches a lot and appears pretty lazy. In the second half of last season he had a bad hammy and it affected his form. I'm hoping he can return to his early 2016 form where he was leading the Brownlow count for the first 5 rounds. He's seen off 2 coaches, who smashed plenty of headsets whenever he blazed away on yet another turnover. Bluey used to sub him out frequently and Rocket sometimes looked like he was actually having a heart attack, so it remains to be seen how Dewy utilises him and if the assistant coaches can fix the decision making processes that occur when he's delivering the ball inside 50.
I don't think he's a bad player at all and he's in my starting 22 any day. It is important to remember that he went undrafted by all 18 clubs and Scott Clayton ended up collecting him as a 21yo in the Pre season draft. Every scout in the country knew he was talented, but nobody spent so much as a late pick on him for 3 years.

Bandicoot, much as Hall is an exciting player capable of banging in goals from outside 50, racking up possessions and polling Brownlow votes, he's also a coachkiller. He's a Fijian Tasmanian, which is as unique as his flawed skillset. Out of 19 games last season, SEN Inside Footy rated him poor in 6 games, elite in 5 games and above average/good in the rest.
I don't get to many live games, but the consensus on the forums is that he ball watches a lot and appears pretty lazy. In the second half of last season he had a bad hammy and it affected his form. I'm hoping he can return to his early 2016 form where he was leading the Brownlow count for the first 5 rounds. He's seen off 2 coaches, who smashed plenty of headsets whenever he blazed away on yet another turnover. Bluey used to sub him out frequently and Rocket sometimes looked like he was actually having a heart attack, so it remains to be seen how Dewy utilises him and if the assistant coaches can fix the decision making processes that occur when he's delivering the ball inside 50.
I don't think he's a bad player at all and he's in my starting 22 any day. It is important to remember that he went undrafted by all 18 clubs and Scott Clayton ended up collecting him as a 21yo in the Pre season draft. Every scout in the country knew he was talented, but nobody spent so much as a late pick on him for 3 years.
Probably a good reason no one took him for so long

I'll defer to the numerous replies to my comments about Hall.
Obviously, I know f_ck all about the Suns. :)
Mate, Hall is a hard one to evaluate. What I think we'd all like to know is how you rate Supercoach Dew? We all love what we've seen so far without having seen a game played. I personally think he's putting the Dad bod out there for all to see, just like he did in his playing days, and I hope he can teach some of our stringbeans how to actually gain some weight while managing their arduous training regimes.
Any inside info on how he was regarded at Sydney and will he be missed?

Mate, Hall is a hard one to evaluate. What I think we'd all like to know is how you rate Supercoach Dew? We all love what we've seen so far without having seen a game played. I personally think he's putting the Dad bod out there for all to see, just like he did in his playing days, and I hope he can teach some of our stringbeans how to actually gain some weight while managing their arduous training regimes.
Any inside info on how he was regarded at Sydney and will he be missed?
I'm not totally sure as to Dew's coaching strengths but I do know that he was extremely highly regarded at the Swans.

Out of 19 games last season, SEN Inside Footy rated him poor in 6 games, elite in 5 games and above average/good in the rest.
Not that bad is it? 12 games where he is elite / above average or good. Probably some game affected by carrying an injury.

Considering the number of poor games played by GC then these figures seem ok.

Not that bad is it? 12 games where he is elite / above average or good. Probably some game affected by carrying an injury.

Considering the number of poor games played by GC then these figures seem ok.
I don't think he's a bad player, but a lot of members on this forum go from being frustrated by him being to frothing at the mouth at the mention of his name. The thing is, Hall used to put in miserable games followed by spectacular ones.
Hall and Gaz played shockers in Round 2 against GWS and came out the next week and pulverised the Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think he's a bad player, but a lot of members on this forum go from being frustrated by him being to frothing at the mouth at the mention of his name. The thing is, Hall used to put in miserable games followed by spectacular ones.
Hall and Gaz played shockers in Round 2 against GWS and came out the next week and pulverised the Hawks.

Boom! That’s what I’m talking about 17er. A+

Every club has a few whipping boys and the majority of these are the softer outside players. Personally I would still be playing someone who is capable of carving up the opposition rather than just another number. You would be hoping Dew would be looking at Hall and quite a few others though to reach their potential.

he's as gutless as they come and an embarassment to what we (should) stand for.

yep, on his day he's unplayable. but how often realistically is that?

the majority of games he's either unsighted, being caught out not chasing back, committing clanger after clanger or refusing to put his head over it. I'm not having it that we're being hard on Hall because of ever there was a player to deserve it, it's him. the talent is there.

Every club has a few whipping boys and the majority of these are the softer outside players. Personally I would still be playing someone who is capable of carving up the opposition rather than just another number. You would be hoping Dew would be looking at Hall and quite a few others though to reach their potential.
You aren't even the first outside fan this week to wonder why Hall is hated. It is part of the echo chamber nature of this forum, with people going to ever greater lengths to pour scorn on him. As seen in the prior comment, things have gotten to a ridiculous level that no sane thinking outside fan would opine. The reality is that when the team is looking for a leader in Hall, he can't live up to it because he's much more of a follower. Fans don't like it, but you can't a square peg in a round hole. Hall isn't suited to the inside work and he needs quality ball to show his best. However, the Suns are a far better team with him in it, so we'll see how he goes with the new coach. One thing is for sure is that certain Suns fans will continue to hate him - especially the ones who've been hating on Gary Ablett the past 18 months.

You aren't even the first outside fan this week to wonder why Hall is hated. It is part of the echo chamber nature of this forum, with people going to ever greater lengths to pour scorn on him. As seen in the prior comment, things have gotten to a ridiculous level that no sane thinking outside fan would opine. The reality is that when the team is looking for a leader in Hall, he can't live up to it because he's much more of a follower. Fans don't like it, but you can't a square peg in a round hole. Hall isn't suited to the inside work and he needs quality ball to show his best. However, the Suns are a far better team with him in it, so we'll see how he goes with the new coach. One thing is for sure is that certain Suns fans will continue to hate him - especially the ones who've been hating on Gary Ablett the past 18 months.

I can totally understand the guys on this forum having a grudge against hall , I’ve swore many times at the tv when hall butchers the ball
. I have no issue him being a outside player but he desperately needs to clean up his disposal it can be frustrating . But in the end we have very few guys on our list now that can find the pill as much as he does , and it may be a case we just have to put up with his poor disposal because there have been many occasions where he has kicked some beautiful goals outside 50 , so he has it in him .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can totally understand the guys on this forum having a grudge against hall , I’ve swore many times at the tv when hall butchers the ball
. I have no issue him being a outside player but he desperately needs to clean up his disposal it can be frustrating . But in the end we have very few guys on our list now that can find the pill as much as he does , and it may be a case we just have to put up with his poor disposal because there have been many occasions where he has kicked some beautiful goals outside 50 , so he has it in him .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hall has this year to prove himself under Dew. I believe his contract expires at the end of 2018. At that time our young midfield players should be ready to take over.

if you want to get technical - which I know you do - the definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly expecting a different result. you question the sanity of calling Hall out for his poor disposal and lack of hardness. do you expect a different result this season, or are you saying that in your view Hall has good disposal and puts his head over the ball?

he's as gutless as they come and an embarassment to what we (should) stand for.

yep, on his day he's unplayable. but how often realistically is that?

the majority of games he's either unsighted, being caught out not chasing back, committing clanger after clanger or refusing to put his head over it. I'm not having it that we're being hard on Hall because of ever there was a player to deserve it, it's him. the talent is there.

On his good days he is unplayable, and on his bad days he is unplayable - unplayable having very different connotations in both respects.

Every team has non-negotiable rules they stand by and if 1 player is allowed to blatantly disobey the rules and continue to get games then those rules don't become non-negotiable and you are on a slippery slope to mediocrity.

It's what Hall stands for from building a competitive and selfless team that infuriates me.

On his good days he is unplayable, and on his bad days he is unplayable - unplayable having very different connotations in both respects.

Every team has non-negotiable rules they stand by and if 1 player is allowed to blatantly disobey the rules and continue to get games then those rules don't become non-negotiable and you are on a slippery slope to mediocrity.

It's what Hall stands for from building a competitive and selfless team that infuriates me.
Amen. pun intended.

When Hall takes off the Dinner Suit and puts on a Suns uniform I’ll start to respect him

I used to like hall, but having owned him in an afl fantasy draft league for 2 years traded him off because i realised the way he played isnt good for fantasy or the team. He regularly is quiet in most games and this was reflected in his live fantasy scoring. And then he'd have a 5 minute purple patch when he'd kick the ball half a dozen times and hover around for handball receive's. The things the fantasy scores didnt show was he'd miss 30% of his targets and if he didnt recieve the handball he drops his head and wont run hard for the next contest. Just walks over and waits for another handball recieve.

This is what fans who watch the club play everyweek see. Its infuriating watching him drop off 20 times a game.

if you want to get technical - which I know you do - the definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly expecting a different result. you question the sanity of calling Hall out for his poor disposal and lack of hardness. do you expect a different result this season, or are you saying that in your view Hall has good disposal and puts his head over the ball?
You aren't even glass half full. You're a 2 pot screamer who stands outside the club arguing with bouncers for half an hour after being chucked out for fighting. We all know that Hall's game is flawed and that his attitude is questionable. At his best he deserves his place in the AFL's top 50 players, which is where he has been selected by some pretty knowledgeable journos. We all know his worst can cost us games, just as his best can win them for us. I think everyone here hopes better coaching and a game plan that plays to his advantages will lead to him fulfilling his potential and leading the team to greater success. Well, almost everyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back