Gold Coast Suns Chants

Remove this Banner Ad

anyone got any ideas for chants that we can sing instead of the old Gold Coast, clap,clap,clap

I don't think you can make it any simpler than that....and getting more complex will mess with a few heads....It's either the aforementioned 'classic' chant (universally used by all clubs) or some sort of drawn out drone like 'coooollllllinnnnngggwwwwwooooddd' or 'frrrrreeeeeeeeoooooo'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How can soccer fans get fans to sing songs and stuff and we are just stuck with "how about Gazza, he's alright"

Sung to the tune of "your going home in the back of a divi van"

6 years in and we're as soft as marshmallow man

How bad are we, were everyone's bitches man

Long term future on the Sth side of the tas-man

Hobart Suns just doesn't sound right my man

Harley's going home in the back of a divi van

Works with soccer because there is more down time in their game, where as in AFL the ball is constantly moving into dangerous scoring positions and keeping the primary interest of the pundits at the ground. Soccer the ball spends a lot of time in the middle of the ground.

Also the English lads are much more organised that us.

Works with soccer because there is more down time in their game, where as in AFL the ball is constantly moving into dangerous scoring positions and keeping the primary interest of the pundits at the ground. Soccer the ball spends a lot of time in the middle of the ground.

Also the English lads are much more organised that us.
Most of their chants start at the pub

This thread was made for me. I've written a tonne of them, although they're more like songs than chants. I sing them whenever the Suns come to Perth. None of the Suns fans join in though, and I'm just the weirdo in the cheer squad singing to himself. Here's the first one I ever wrote, Fortress of Garytude:

FORTRESS OF GARYTUDE

Old Blazy boys will stick together
forever and a daayy
Kneel before Apollo’s Lantern
It will show you the waayy

Never give in and never say die
Live by the Gold Coast cryyy
You’ll give me no a-tti-tude
When you’re fighting at the Fortress of Ga-ry-tude

*trumpet solo*

We piss the gold and the red
We’ll relinquish when we’re dead
You’ll give me no a-tti-tude
You’re fighting at the Fortress of Ga-ry-tude

A rather simplistic one, the tune is hard to explain, I realised a while back it kind of sounds similar to Collingwood's song? Mostly because "Old Blazy boys will stick together" sounds like "Good old Collingwood forever." I did not intend such heresy. The entire song is one big Simpsons reference.

The second song I wrote, rather unimaginatively titled "Cheer Gold Coast." When writing this, I was much more consious of making sure the tune was easily conveyed through text. I've never been fully happy with this one, it requires a level of diction hard to be replicated by a crowd. And the song always had two very distinct and clashing singing styles, from the loud, slightly feral opening, to the condescending slightly upper house feel of the rhyming parts. They never felt like a distinct whole. The song could definitely be improved. Anyway, enough dawdling, here it is:

CHEER GOLD COAST

Cheer Gooold Coast
Cheer Gooold Coast

The Red and Gold are ‘hair [sic] (6)
Let’s kick them up their anuses (8)
Let’s give ‘em a mighty scaaare (7)

Hell hath no fuuury (5)
Like a Sunnnscreamer scorned (7)
Submit to the juuury
Youuu have been warned

Cheer Gooold Coast
Cheer Gooold Coast

For there’s
Nothin’ but fu-ry
No more per-ju-ry
Prepare for strang-ury

We are the tri-ni-ty (6)
We are di-vi-ni-ty (6)
We are in-fin-ity (5)
And we will

Cheer!
Cheer!
Cheer!
Cheer Gooold Coooast!

RAAAAHHHH!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The simplest of the lot, this is simply a straight re-write of a song from the Simpsons. Original song.

HELL OF A CLUB

Gold Coast, Gold Coast it’s a hell of a club
Saad runs off and I get a new chub
The stray flogs flee from the trum pe ter sound

Gold Coast, Gold Coast!
Gold Coast, Gold Coast!

[Singer 2] Richmond, Richmond!

Richmond is that-a-way, man!

Thanks, kid!

It’s a hell of a… cluuuuuub!

[Instrumental solo]

This one is my favourite by a mile, it's so fun to belt out. The tune is based entirely on the theme to Fire Emblem, a masterful opera of poorly-translated Latin.
This was monstrously difficult to make, because the original singing is so divergent from any form of Latin. I had to track down what the original lyrics were, but then phonetically write out what they were actually saying, since it's littered with missed syllables and the like. I found out that all I had to do to make the new song sound like the original, was match the number of syllables on each line. This means that sometimes random words had to be elongated so it could match. I tried to write it phonetically so it's obvious which syllables needed to be elongated. Matching the syllables was easier said than done, as the song isn't technically even done yet. There is a stanza in the middle that I was unable to write anything for, try and guess which one. The stuff unhighlighted is meant to be sung by the crowd, the stanzas highlighted blue are meant to be sung in a deep voice. The stanzas in red are sung in a light/feminine voice, and the green blob is the untranslated mess of phonetic Latin I never finished.

TALL AND PROUD AND FEARSOME

Goo-ooold Coo-ast [4]
Taaall and proud and feaar-some [6]
Sooo-verr-reign and reee-gal [6]

This red-gold faa-bric uu-niii-tes me and you

It’s saaa-cred and haaall-ooowed

Knee-eel be-fore its gloooo-oryy

and fight for theee cooode [7]

Gaaa-llant and li-on hear-ted kin [8]

Join us foooor a flag ass-aaaault [7.5]

A mai-den prem-iii-ership and further hooonoooour [10]

Goo-ooold Coo-ast [4]

15 SECONDS OF INSTRUMENTALS

Un-um tre-ni ni-him looo-rem [8]

diis-si nii-himmm [4]

Bis-nu hu-va-as piii-luuum [7]

Que diem saaa-eveee [4]

Goo-ooold Coo-ast [4]

Goo-ooold Coo-ast [4]

Cur-sed by hate-ful spor-ting gods [8]
Ev-ry team suf-fuuurs un-timely deaaa-th

But the cease-less wiiiill-pow-weeer

Of the sun-folk held strooong

[VARIATION OF CHORUS FOLLOWS]

Goo-ooold Coo-ast [4]
Sooo-verr-reign reeeed, gooold aaaand bluuuuuuuuueeeeeeee [8]

I take inordinate pride in this stupid song, mostly because it took hours upon hours to make, and still isn't done. It's my dream for this to be belted out by the cheer squad at a Perth game. I've got to get around to finishing it, but I just don't know how write a stanza about the Gold Coast with 8 syllables in the first line, 4 syllables in the second with an extra-elongated 'm' sound, 7 syllables in the third, and 4 syllables in the fourth. It's such an anomally of a song structure.

One thing I forgot to mention is this song is two ******* minutes long, try and get a crowd chant to last that long.

Easy way to transition people into a stronger singing/chanting culture would be through well known songs. I think a whole stadium singing Black Hole Sun or House of the Rising Sun would be spine tingling.

Would require the support of the club, with either musical cues and/or on screen lyrics to get it off the ground (ala Port)

This one is my favourite by a mile, it's so fun to belt out. The tune is based entirely on the theme to Fire Emblem, a masterful opera of poorly-translated Latin.
This was monstrously difficult to make, because the original singing is so divergent from any form of Latin. I had to track down what the original lyrics were, but then phonetically write out what they were actually saying, since it's littered with missed syllables and the like. I found out that all I had to do to make the new song sound like the original, was match the number of syllables on each line. This means that sometimes random words had to be elongated so it could match. I tried to write it phonetically so it's obvious which syllables needed to be elongated. Matching the syllables was easier said than done, as the song isn't technically even done yet. There is a stanza in the middle that I was unable to write anything for, try and guess which one. The stuff unhighlighted is meant to be sung by the crowd, the stanzas highlighted blue are meant to be sung in a deep voice. The stanzas in red are sung in a light/feminine voice, and the green blob is the untranslated mess of phonetic Latin I never finished.

TALL AND PROUD AND FEARSOME

Goo-ooold Coo-ast [4]

This red-gold faa-bric uu-niii-tes me and you

It’s saaa-cred and haaall-ooowed

Knee-eel be-fore its gloooo-oryy

and fight for theee cooode [7]

Gaaa-llant and li-on hear-ted kin [8]

Join us foooor a flag ass-aaaault [7.5]

A mai-den prem-iii-ership and further hooonoooour [10]

Goo-ooold Coo-ast [4]

15 SECONDS OF INSTRUMENTALS

Un-um tre-ni ni-him looo-rem [8]

diis-si nii-himmm [4]

Bis-nu hu-va-as piii-luuum [7]

Que diem saaa-eveee [4]

Goo-ooold Coo-ast [4]

Goo-ooold Coo-ast [4]

Cur-sed by hate-ful spor-ting gods [8]
Ev-ry team suf-fuuurs un-timely deaaa-th

But the cease-less wiiiill-pow-weeer

Of the sun-folk held strooong

[VARIATION OF CHORUS FOLLOWS]

Goo-ooold Coo-ast [4]
Sooo-verr-reign reeeed, gooold aaaand bluuuuuuuuueeeeeeee [8]

I take inordinate pride in this stupid song, mostly because it took hours upon hours to make, and still isn't done. It's my dream for this to be belted out by the cheer squad at a Perth game. I've got to get around to finishing it, but I just don't know how write a stanza about the Gold Coast with 8 syllables in the first line, 4 syllables in the second with an extra-elongated 'm' sound, 7 syllables in the third, and 4 syllables in the fourth. It's such an anomally of a song structure.

One thing I forgot to mention is this song is two ******* minutes long, try and get a crowd chant to last that long.
Love the work keep it up

Something that I came up with in about eight minutes, an extremely lazy re-write of the Sound of Silence, used to describe the crowds after a Gold Coast goal.

Hello Gold Coast, my old friend
I've come to cheer for you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains within the sound of silence

In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
'Neath the halo of a street lamp
I turned my collar to the cold and damp

When my eyes were stabbed
By the flash of a neon light