Gold Coast SUNS guernsey discussion

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
This whole supposed ‘rebrand’ could just be us incorporating more of this Grey/charcoal into our on-field/off-field gear rather than a full rebrand.
We have been trying it out in our training stuff for the past couple of seasons, so it would make sense that we are finally incorporating it.

Although if that’s the case, what happened to the blue? Are we dropping it? I thought that would’ve been the obvious colour to incorporate.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Looking at is closely It has all the logos and sponsorships in the right places to be a new jumper. More of a modification than a rebrand
Apparently the XBlades teams don't switch their sponsors on their training guernseys, so it might still be a training guernsey.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Ainsworth has the little GPS pocket on the back of his. Do training tops have this usually?

Also looks like he's been doing some suction cup therapy stuff. Always wanted to see what that felt like.

Mozzie_Squad

All Australian
Dec 13, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melb City, Storm, Stars
This may've been done to death already but just did a quick mock-up based on the Southport design using lifeguard colours (I know it should be gold, not yellow, buy as I said - very quick mock-up)

Could even add a small GCS monogram in the middle of the 'V' if you wanted to.

The clash can pretty much stay the same as it is now - just without the logo..

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 3.12.26 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 3.12.49 pm.png

1_K5Fr9EYsrsLK2GX0OHxozg.jpeg

beach-lifeguards.jpg

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Hardly. Our jumper is good and compared to Carlton’s quality and others it’s pretty good

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Don't ever mention Carlton and Gold Coast in the same sentence again. How can you be inspired to give your all when putting on that boring half-assed design? There's no way you can have any pride in the jumper with a logo and sidepanels, aaand a red and yellow colour scheme.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Don't ever mention Carlton and Gold Coast in the same sentence again. How can you be inspired to give your all when putting on that boring half-assed design? There's no way you can have any pride in the jumper with a logo and sidepanels, aaand a red and yellow colour scheme.
That’s a bit harsh, I don’t think your jumpers that bad

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast

You have a hide coming on our board speaking like that.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
That’s a bit harsh, I don’t think your jumpers that bad
I'll pay that at the moment, Nike's butchering ours. But the design and the amount of history behind it is something that your current design would never evoke.
You have a hide coming on our board speaking like that.
I'm a passionate guernsey guy. Besides, this is the logo/guernsey rebranding thread so obviously someone has a problem with it. It's not good. How do GC supporters feel when they wear a guernsey?

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'll pay that at the moment, Nike's butchering ours. But the design and the amount of history behind it is something that your current design would never evoke.

I'm a passionate guernsey guy. Besides, this is the logo/guernsey rebranding thread so obviously someone has a problem with it. It's not good. How do GC supporters feel when they wear a guernsey?

That’s actually a really good reply. I’ll answer your question-I don’t wear the Jersey ever but I do have a Suns Jacket and Polo and yes I feel really wierd getting about in Bright Red.

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
That’s actually a really good reply. I’ll answer your question-I don’t wear the Jersey ever but I do have a Suns Jacket and Polo and yes I feel really wierd getting about in Bright Red.
This is all we are saying. It’s not an attack on the club, it’s just needs to be changed. The evolution from U18 TAC to VFL to AFL just didn’t work in terms of guernsey design evolution.

Back