Gold Coast SUNS guernsey discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I like the red and yellow. The colours are synonymous with the Gold Coast and remind me of our strong SLS history.
Would prefer a different logo or maybe no logo though in a more traditional design. Does anyone know if it is something the club are looking at changing it?

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Don't ever mention Carlton and Gold Coast in the same sentence again. How can you be inspired to give your all when putting on that boring half-assed design? There's no way you can have any pride in the jumper with a logo and sidepanels, aaand a red and yellow colour scheme.
Coming from a club called the Blues that tried to put out a grey and orange strip this year, I wouldn't be swinging demands around.

We've got pride in our jumper, It's not the greatest strip in the world but dammit, It ours.

This is all we are saying. It’s not an attack on the club, it’s just needs to be changed. The evolution from U18 TAC to VFL to AFL just didn’t work in terms of guernsey design evolution.
Which is exactly is the point of the thread, friend. To discuss the next logical evolution of the strip, Weather or not the club does anything close to the ideas thrown up in here is another story in itself.

Happy Idiot

All Australian
Oct 12, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
...But the design and the amount of history behind it is something that your current design would never evoke.
I think that's a touch rich. You've got history, true, but Carlton's truly amazing design amounts to grabbing some navy blue fabric and stitching a logo on to it.

If we're participating in a league where that qualifies as design — not to mention the team with brown and yellow stripes — then the Suns colour scheme will do just fine when we put some history behind it.

Yeah keep the colours. Maybe get rid of the blue altogether but get a better design.
Design should be better. I actually don't mind the blue. Kinda blends in with the bright colours. Maybe remove the logo? I mean not all clubs have the logo on the guernsey. Could do stripes?

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
That’s actually a really good reply. I’ll answer your question-I don’t wear the Jersey ever but I do have a Suns Jacket and Polo and yes I feel really wierd getting about in Bright Red.
Thank you :)
Either colour I think can work on their own, but the fact that the yellow and red are both bright and usually together don't really work. And then there's the blue which doesn't work with the red (unless used sparingly) but looks great with white and the yellow you use.
Coming from a club called the Blues that tried to put out a grey and orange strip this year, I wouldn't be swinging demands around.

We've got pride in our jumper, It's not the greatest strip in the world but dammit, It ours.
I'm not sticking up for Nike's ideas, they're terrible. But clash guernseys aren't traditional, to be fair. We can do whatever we want with it (however ugly it is, unfortunately..)
We haven't changed our home guernsey, because if we did, we'd lose 20,000 members like *that*. Any guernsey we put out with a CFC on the front will always be recognisable as Carlton. No matter what colour.

And it definitely is yours alright.. You can keep it.
I think that's a touch rich. You've got history, true, but Carlton's truly amazing design amounts to grabbing some navy blue fabric and stitching a logo on to it.
But it was a striking look on navy fabric. One of the first to do it, and still looks great (when not butchered by a manufacturer who doesn't care).
If we're participating in a league where that qualifies as design — not to mention the team with brown and yellow stripes — then the Suns colour scheme will do just fine when we put some history behind it.
I honestly prefer the Hawks' colours over the yellow and red shades you guys use. If the Hawks used your yellow, forget it. But they've used a mustard-kind of colour that complements the brown so well.
Don't get me wrong, the Suns guernsey has a design... But the Wave guernseys you used to have had more personality than just sidepanels. What cheapens the design as well is the fact that the sidepanels aren't stitched. They're printed. Reebok used to have stitched panels as part of their template, then when 2XU and BLK came along they just printed them to cut costs.

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
New training top? Or old?
IMG_2875.JPG

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
The AFL have finally gotten rid of the ‘clash jumper must be white’ rule that they applied to half of the clubs? Cool.

If this new guernsey is the same blue as our old clash then I’ll get around it. But it looks like the dark blue we use in some of the training stuff? Not sure about this one. Maybe the lining just makes it look a bit.... cheap?

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
If this new guernsey is the same blue as our old clash then I’ll get around it. But it looks like the dark blue we use in some of the training stuff? Not sure about this one. Maybe the lining just makes it look a bit.... cheap?
Judging from the CoverMore logo, I reckon it's the sponsor's blue!

Back