Gold Coast SUNS guernsey discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I really like the Suns, always have a cheeky barrack for them when I can, but...

It has to be one of the most boring, bland and worst sporting uniforms in the world. BF is littered with options that are considerably better. I'm confused why it was allowed in the first place and baffled it is allowed to continue.

I really like the Suns, always have a cheeky barrack for them when I can, but...

It has to be one of the most boring, bland and worst sporting uniforms in the world. BF is littered with options that are considerably better. I'm confused why it was allowed in the first place and baffled it is allowed to continue.
When you consider that Port and Freo have significantly changed up their jumpers it’s baffling that we haven’t

It’s pissing me off, frankly. A club that has clearly got identity problems and needs to be strongly branded can’t identify its guernsey being a big problem? AFL administrators are hopeless

This is not a go at you despite my long time feelings for Carlton. I see you have come in pretty respectfully, but... How do you get to ours being boring and bland? Yours is literally one colour with a jumble of letters. Yes 130 years on it has a lot of proud history. But to anyone watching footy for the first time Carltons would be one of the most boring jumpers in the comp.

For the record our jumper is puss, haha! I'd rather it was dumbed down a bit though, opposite of boring and bland. It is bright and almost has a corporate reek to it

Gladstone suns

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-11-23-10-47-13-87.png
    Screenshot_2019-11-23-10-47-13-87.png
    356.4 KB · Views: 188
  • Screenshot_2019-11-23-10-46-45-23.png
    Screenshot_2019-11-23-10-46-45-23.png
    360.6 KB · Views: 171
  • Screenshot_2019-11-23-10-45-32-94.png
    Screenshot_2019-11-23-10-45-32-94.png
    818.5 KB · Views: 156
Put this together based on a wizardwaffle design:

SunsKit.png SunsClash2.png

Thoughts, suns supporters? Would you like to see your club wear something like this? I'm a fan of the red jumper with yellow sides so I wanted to maintain that. It's unique in the AFL context and it's not the problem with the current design, the extremely 2000s logo is.

View attachment 783898 View attachment 783902

Thoughts, suns supporters? Would you like to see your club wear something like this? I'm a fan of the red jumper with yellow sides so I wanted to maintain that. It's unique in the AFL context and it's not the problem with the current design, the extremely 2000s logo is.
not sure a new logo/monogram in the middle fixes the dated & uninspiring look we've got, in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how much would you like to see it change? any ideas?
below are a few of the ideas i've come up with over the years, from newest to oldest.
i like the "GC" part of our current logo and reckon it could still be used in a revamp. im not a huge fan of having three primary colours as our main colours, especially where there are two other clubs that are very close. red & yellow symbolising the surf life savers is alright, i suppose, but if we are to use our third colour in our actual guernseys besides the just clash ("we are the ones in the red, gold and blue" lol) that would be better, just gotta figure out a way to whilst maintaining an effective brand & image.

if the afl still wants white clash strips then that becomes tricky. one of the options i came up with below shows a home guernsey with red & gold, an away guernsey as gold & blue which if worn for away games you could play the "take the beach with you" marketing card perhaps, and a white clash guernsey with red & gold to symbolise surf life savers whilst also utilising a traditional sash.

over on the footy jumpers forum, there's plenty of other ideas floating around too. i think if the club are brave and committed to it, they'd be able to come up with a slight refresh that would enhance our guernsey and give the naysayers one less reason to call our club "plastic"/"franchise".

wasnt trying to have a dig at your concept, i do like monograms, the simplicity and traditional look of carlton's is a classic but i'm not sure how well we'd be able to pull it off.

Attachments

• 01_HOME.png
    01_HOME.png
    117.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 02_AWAY.png
    02_AWAY.png
    128 KB · Views: 156
  • 03_CLASH.png
    03_CLASH.png
    123 KB · Views: 145
  • 04_CLASH.png
    04_CLASH.png
    135.5 KB · Views: 151
  • GCSUNS_06_PRESENTATION_2.png
    GCSUNS_06_PRESENTATION_2.png
    570.6 KB · Views: 137
  • home2.png
    home2.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 131

View attachment 783898 View attachment 783902

Not sure about the logo but i do like the white kit

Absolutely devostated, King's and Luko's long sleeves aren't for sale........ Just like last years long sleeves. I know we don't have much of support base but surely we can pre-order some. Training tee is probably the only one i'm looking at

Remove this Banner Ad

Back