Gold Coast SUNS guernsey discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Im just struggling to think who'd want to work with us other than Dynasty and maybe Majestic
Majestic did some nice stuff- I would be happy with them. Even Asics is great too! I'd much prefer we stay with ISC though. Viva or O'Neills could also be options too. Hope we don't get Dynasty or Classic.

Majestic did some nice stuff- I would be happy with them. Even Asics is great too! I'd much prefer we stay with ISC though. Viva or O'Neills could also be options too. Hope we don't get Dynasty or Classic.
Yeah Classics lions range is really disappointing. Asics out of that bunch would be my favourite although Im not sure we'd generate enough merch sales for a brand as big as Asics

Confirmed ISC will dump all AFL and NRL clubs end of 2020

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph
All the latest news, views and campaigns for Sydney and NSW.
www.dailytelegraph.com.au

The game’s biggest jersey supplier has confirmed it will walk away from the game at season’s end, leaving a potential multimillion-dollar hole in club coffers.
ISC – which is the official apparel partner and merchandise supplier of eight clubs – blamed the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic for its decision to part ways with clubs.

The company has partnerships with last year’s grand finalists Sydney Roosters and Canberra plus a host of other clubs including Parramatta, South Sydney, Wests Tigers, Brisbane, North Queensland and Melbourne.

ISC’s chief executive Jason Schulman said his company had invested significantly into the game in recent years through sponsorships and royalties.

“The licensing apparel model for professional sporting teams in general has been under pressure for some time due to a number of factors,” Schulman said.

“With the COVID-19 global pandemic and resulting effect on both the sporting and retail landscapes having a devastating and unprecedented impact on all sporting bodies, entities and related businesses, the ISC Licensing business has been no different.”

Clubs and the company have been in negotiations with in recent weeks. The terms of each of these deals are different with some fortunate to have their contracts expiring at the end of the year so the financial impact will not be as significant.

Others were locked into long-term deals.

Schulman confirmed the company would also withdraw from AFL clubs. It will remain trading as part of its teamwear division servicing grassroots clubs.

Might hold off buying ISC gear to wait until its on sale and/or who our new supplier will be. Something tells me it would be Dynasty or Classic but I hope I am wrong. Fingers crossed x

Wond if you could add the same design but instead of city outline use the famous Surfers Paradise Gate as the feature of the Guernsey but instead of reading Surfers Paradise, say Gold Coast.View attachment 900269
I am actually doing a SUNS rebrand for my Year 12 VCD Major Folio! I have included that as one of the design elements for the guernsey!

Confirmed ISC will dump all AFL and NRL clubs end of 2020

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph
All the latest news, views and campaigns for Sydney and NSW.

The game’s biggest jersey supplier has confirmed it will walk away from the game at season’s end, leaving a potential multimillion-dollar hole in club coffers.
ISC – which is the official apparel partner and merchandise supplier of eight clubs – blamed the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic for its decision to part ways with clubs.

The company has partnerships with last year’s grand finalists Sydney Roosters and Canberra plus a host of other clubs including Parramatta, South Sydney, Wests Tigers, Brisbane, North Queensland and Melbourne.

ISC’s chief executive Jason Schulman said his company had invested significantly into the game in recent years through sponsorships and royalties.

“The licensing apparel model for professional sporting teams in general has been under pressure for some time due to a number of factors,” Schulman said.

“With the COVID-19 global pandemic and resulting effect on both the sporting and retail landscapes having a devastating and unprecedented impact on all sporting bodies, entities and related businesses, the ISC Licensing business has been no different.”

Clubs and the company have been in negotiations with in recent weeks. The terms of each of these deals are different with some fortunate to have their contracts expiring at the end of the year so the financial impact will not be as significant.

Others were locked into long-term deals.

Schulman confirmed the company would also withdraw from AFL clubs. It will remain trading as part of its teamwear division servicing grassroots clubs.

Might hold off buying ISC gear to wait until its on sale and/or who our new supplier will be. Something tells me it would be Dynasty or Classic but I hope I am wrong. Fingers crossed x

Could the club look at a deal like geelong and AFLw with Cotton On

So if we are shopping around for replacements, Here we can look at what some of the 'more likely' suppliers could offer

O'Neills

Paladin

Classic Sportswear

Dynasty

So if we are shopping around for replacements, Here we can look at what some of the 'more likely' suppliers could offer

O'Neills

Paladin

Classic Sportswear

Dynasty
Never heard of Paladin but god damn those are some neat kits

I think I actually prefer them to the current guernseys. On 'paper' anyway. However when worn in games something didn't quite look right.

See this example from Mero's Footy Jumpers website:
Gold-Coast-Uniform2012AX.png

Maybe it's the way the logo and waves don't quite 'flow' together or maybe it's the way the waves simply end where they meet the shorts but something about the full kit gave the impression that the waves were simply an afterthought as opposed to a deliberate, integral feature of the guernsey.

I reckon this design could be improved by simply 'reversing' the colours on the jumpers:
  • Home uniform: a predominantly yellow topped jumper with red waves wrapping all the way around the bottom of the guernsey where they would blend into red shorts; red socks with yellow and blue trim;
  • Away uniform: again a predominantly yellow topped jumper but with blue waves wrapping all the way around the bottom of the guernsey where they would blend into blue shorts; blue socks with yellow and red trim.
I think it would give the waves greater depth, so to speak, and make for a stronger overall look.

They could then wear the red or blue topped guernseys with yellow waves together with white or yellow ( :oops: ) coloured shorts when a clash jumper is required.

Last edited:
How many of you would like to see the club #ReturnTheWave ?
View attachment 898743

The club has worn the infamous wave away strip is a total of 23 Home and Away matches and one single Pre Season match. Since being shelved at the end of the 2013 season, the guernsey design was used for the 2014 training strip and in 2015 was used as our warm up top design. The wave design brings back many memories for Gold Coast Suns fans. We won our first ever game in the wave design vs Port Adelaide in 2011 and wore the design in the infamous come from behind win over Richmond at Cazaly's Stadium when Karmichael Hunt kicked a goal after the siren. The design was also worn for the Quarter Final of the NAB Cup in 2011 when the Suns lost to the West Coast Eagles at Subiaco Oval. Ideally, the design would return as the primary away strip however if that cannot be achieved, maybe the blue variant below becomes the clash trip when the current designs two year term runs out this year. With the potential of an Eastern AFL league coming into place next year to serve as a Reserves league, maybe the design is worn by the Suns reserves?
View attachment 898752
I like the idea, not the execution. Think it's something about the logo that doesn't work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I actually prefer them to the current guernseys. On 'paper' anyway. However when worn in games something didn't quite look right.

See this example from Mero's Footy Jumpers website:
Gold-Coast-Uniform2012AX.png

Maybe it's the way the logo and waves don't quite 'flow' together or maybe it's the way the waves simply end where they meet the shorts but something about the full kit gave the impression that the waves were simply an afterthought as opposed to a deliberate, integral feature of the guernsey.

I reckon this design could be improved by simply 'reversing' the colours on the jumpers:
  • Home uniform: a predominantly yellow topped jumper with red waves wrapping all the way around the bottom of the guernsey where they would blend into red shorts; red socks with yellow and blue trim;
  • Away uniform: again a predominantly yellow topped jumper but with blue waves wrapping all the way around the bottom of the guernsey where they would blend into blue shorts; blue socks with yellow and red trim.
I think it would give the waves greater depth, so to speak, and make for a stronger overall look.

They could then wear the red or blue topped guernseys with yellow waves together with white or yellow ( :oops: ) coloured shorts when a clash jumper is required.
Makes me want to get the surfboard out😁

Brisbanes terrible looking kits

I was going to ask what was so bad about them but decided to have a look at their shop before doing so.

Literal trash. The fabric, the collars, the colours, the sponsorship placement 🤮

The collar is what got me, that looks like a Best & Less knockoff

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone had a match worn guernsey from our first ever game (any player). Have been looking around for one for a while as it is the only thing I’m really missing from my collection. Please message if you either have one or know someone who does and I’m keen to get my hands on one,

Am also interred in any long sleeve guernsey and training tops from any year,

Thanks!View attachment 910836

SUNS
Iva Bigun

Either of you fine gentlemen have the above?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back