Portfolio Gold Coast Suns - Logo update and Kit redesign

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
Howdy yall,

Me again with another Logo design and kit update - this time it's the Suns!

The Logo:

suns_logoconcept.jpg

Notes on the logo:
- Designed to be easily two-tone if required.
- Removal of the "Suns" moniker (similar to the new PA logo) to make branding more adult.
- A shield!
- Using the three colours in the team song (red, gold and blue).
- Can be recoloured depending on kit.

On-field kit:

Home Jersey - Soccer inspiration here with wide vertical stripes, utilizing classic colours and the new club logo opposite the AFL (similar to Soccer).
suns_homeconcept.jpg

Alternative Home - Using the blue this time, the strong "v" symbol as utilised by other clubs.
This time the blue, gold and white represent the surf of the Gold Coast.
suns_homeconcept_alt.jpg

Away - Why change it? Just add yellow shorts
suns_awayconcept.jpg

Alternative Away - About as close to heritage as you can get without bringing the old logo back.
new logo on the chest, appropriately coloured to match the kit.
suns_awayconcept_alt.jpg

Clash - Based on the Alternative home kit, uses all the official colours - without looking too gawdy.
suns_clashconcept.jpg

Thanks all, thoughts and feedback welcome!

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
Im hearing that along with the Suns moving to ISC, there is chance that a major rebranding is coming for the new era of the Gold Coast Football Club.

Watch this space......

Ooh that's exciting! Being the only red, blue and gold team, I think their kit is under-utilised - thinking of the Spanish football team.

The suns should stay right away from there the Bears Vees.

Just go similar to the lifesavers.
Yellow shirts with red trim red numbers and red horizontal stripe on the front (Redland Bombers style)
Red shorts yellow trim
Red socks with thin yellow horizontal stripes at top.

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
The suns should stay right away from there the Bears Vees.

Just go similar to the lifesavers.
Yellow shirts with red trim red numbers and red horizontal stripe on the front (Redland Bombers style)
Red shorts yellow trim
Red socks with thin yellow horizontal stripes at top.

The Bears don't exist anymore, nor do they really ever use the v other than bizarre one-offs.

Howdy yall,

Me again with another Logo design and kit update - this time it's the Suns!

The Logo:

View attachment 764106

Notes on the logo:
- Designed to be easily two-tone if required.
- Removal of the "Suns" moniker (similar to the new PA logo) to make branding more adult.
- A shield!
- Using the three colours in the team song (red, gold and blue).
- Can be recoloured depending on kit.

On-field kit:

Home Jersey - Soccer inspiration here with wide vertical stripes, utilizing classic colours and the new club logo opposite the AFL (similar to Soccer).
View attachment 764113

Alternative Home - Using the blue this time, the strong "v" symbol as utilised by other clubs.
This time the blue, gold and white represent the surf of the Gold Coast.
View attachment 764114

Away - Why change it? Just add yellow shorts
View attachment 764110
Alternative Away - About as close to heritage as you can get without bringing the old logo back.
new logo on the chest, appropriately coloured to match the kit.
View attachment 764111
Clash - Based on the Alternative home kit, uses all the official colours - without looking too gawdy.
View attachment 764112

Thanks all, thoughts and feedback welcome!
Great foundation for a new logo! Certainly could revisit the guernseys, though that's not too much of an issue for now. Might just be a bit too many different colours in the last one in particular (yellow on white doesn't quite stand out), but I'm more just impressed with the logo.

Could you inverse the colours (like red outside, yellow inside) as well as trying out multiple colour variations (eg. Blue, yellow on red background)?
Keep it up :)

The Bears don't exist anymore, nor do they really ever use the v other than bizarre one-offs.

Brisbane Bears Fitzroy Football Club is still going as a matter of fact.
The vees are still used as a guernsey by the club no matter how many times a year they wear it.

As I said before the Suns need their own style, and it would of been good if they used colours differently than those of the other club in their state.

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
Brisbane Bears Fitzroy Football Club is still going as a matter of fact.
The vees are still used as a guernsey by the club no matter how many times a year they wear it.

As I said before the Suns need their own style, and it would of been good if they used colours differently than those of the other club in their state.

I get it, i'm a Lions fan. But they don't really use the V prominantly or all that frequently (if you look at my history i've done some concepts bringing it back).

I also think the design is different enough that it could be considered anyway. As for own style, i think the home kit I designed is unique enough for them, and their colours were designed to mirror the Queensland colours and lifeguards (if i'm not mistaken).

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Chess Club Member EKA Medal - Sweet FA Rising Star BeanCoiNFT Investor
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
I reckon gold coast need to get rid of the red.

I'm not sure what the red is meant to symbolise to begin with. The sun? Bloodied concrete out the front of the nightclubs? All of that famous red desert sand they have?

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I reckon gold coast need to get rid of the red.

I'm not sure what the red is meant to symbolise to begin with. The sun? Bloodied concrete out the front of the nightclubs? All of that famous red desert sand they have?

So we should have two teams with the word coast in their name wearing Blue and yellow?

Personally I’d full rebrand.
Navy and pink!
Or drop the blue and go red, yellow black

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Chess Club Member EKA Medal - Sweet FA Rising Star BeanCoiNFT Investor
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
So we should have two teams with the word coast in their name wearing Blue and yellow?

Personally I’d full rebrand.
Navy and pink!
Haha that's a bloody good point. Completely blanked on WC

This is something I've been a fan of for a while, obviously alleviates any issues with sounding/looking like West Coast while also fitting well.
At first I thought it's a bit too similar to Essendon/Melbourne, but could obviously just differentiate the design more and it'd be fine.

GCSMSTL19M-Front__1742606330.jpg
$_35.PNG
Gold_Coast_Suns_2018_Training_Singlet_65_s_m_l_xl_2xl_3xl_all_1_grande.jpg

490078-tlslargelandscape.jpg

Not saying all these designs look amazing, but it shows that grey can work well with Red/Yellow.

Back