Club Legend
Apr 5, 2010
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, East Freo, Glory
Howdy yall,

Me again with another Logo design and kit update - this time it's the Suns!

The Logo:

View attachment 764106

Notes on the logo:
- Designed to be easily two-tone if required.
- Removal of the "Suns" moniker (similar to the new PA logo) to make branding more adult.
- A shield!
- Using the three colours in the team song (red, gold and blue).
- Can be recoloured depending on kit.

On-field kit:

Home Jersey - Soccer inspiration here with wide vertical stripes, utilizing classic colours and the new club logo opposite the AFL (similar to Soccer).
View attachment 764113

Alternative Home - Using the blue this time, the strong "v" symbol as utilised by other clubs.
This time the blue, gold and white represent the surf of the Gold Coast.
View attachment 764114

Away - Why change it? Just add yellow shorts
View attachment 764110
Alternative Away - About as close to heritage as you can get without bringing the old logo back.
new logo on the chest, appropriately coloured to match the kit.
View attachment 764111
Clash - Based on the Alternative home kit, uses all the official colours - without looking too gawdy.
View attachment 764112

Thanks all, thoughts and feedback welcome!
that home jumper is exactly what they should have. Literally have thought for years now that exact design is the way to go for the Suns.....well done sir.

NeutralFan

All Australian
Feb 15, 2015
Somewhere, Probably
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, ATP
Should either have a guernsey similar to Geelong or the Dogs. Red as primary and yellow as the stripes.
Merging with Southport would be cool as well. Sharks is a way better nickname than Suns and go Blue, Gray and White.

The logo and guernsey mockups are sweet

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
37339D01-2FC1-4ED4-93C9-D0DCE0F21616.jpeg

May 9, 2011
VIC
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
San Francisco Giants
Or drop the blue and go red, yellow black
I'm praying that someone at the Saints wakes up realises that they can and should wear red, yellow and black as a 3rd or indigenous kit.

That 2 stripe kit is so good btw. Very simple, traditional and most of all unique.

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
Reduce the number of colours they use to two. Red and Gold should be the colours.
The first combination is my favourite. It uses something like the present design with the new logo. Also a reverse of the colours for the clash.
XM0Pmqp.jpg

The second combination is one the was designed to reach agreement on the design.
u5LTJHy.jpg

Red and Gold is a colour combination that has many companies to world wide dominance.

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Reduce the number of colours they use to two. Red and Gold should be the colours.
The first combination is my favourite. It uses something like the present design with the new logo. Also a reverse of the colours for the clash.
XM0Pmqp.jpg

The second combination is one the was designed to reach agreement on the design.
u5LTJHy.jpg

Red and Gold is a colour combination that has many companies to world wide dominance.
Second design clearly better. Yellow shorts for home and red or white for away for look better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm not a massive fan purely because I feel like it reminds me of K-mart surf clothing from the 90s. I like the three stripes, but it is a bit like a red version of the Adelaide away jumper

Fair enough, but just a very small detail to give it something unique. The three lines represent the beach so it’s somewhat relevant.

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
Fair enough, but just a very small detail to give it something unique. The three lines represent the beach so it’s somewhat relevant.
I get that completely, the idea is solid :) i tried to do something similar with my "alternative home" kit in the OP but i did the blue as the primary instead of the red (and a bit more abstract)

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
where abouts? what thread? i would love to see what you all think

Remove this Banner Ad

Back