Portfolio Gold Coast Suns - Logo update and Kit redesign

Gcsuns_Gourami

Debutant
Oct 13, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think the yellow stripe and red body works well and this years jersey looks the best of all our years but it cana be made better with different logos or a vee or anything on it

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Reduce the number of colours they use to two. Red and Gold should be the colours.
The first combination is my favourite. It uses something like the present design with the new logo. Also a reverse of the colours for the clash.
XM0Pmqp.jpg

The second combination is one the was designed to reach agreement on the design.
u5LTJHy.jpg

Red and Gold is a colour combination that has many companies to world wide dominance.

I really love the idea behind this design so I put together my own version:
SunsKit.png
SunsClash2.png

I think maintaining the red jumper with yellow sides is important, it's unique and it looks good, it's just the logo in the middle of the jumper that's always been kind of weak. Making it also look like the lifeguard flag is a little bit too much, they went with Suns as their identity, not the lifeguards. I also put yellow sides on the shorts to match the jumper. The Clash version is just a white version of the home strip, because I'm not a fan of the all yellow look. Purely a personal preference. I think the white one still looks good and maintains the strong identity with plenty of red still on the jumper. I added the shoulder panel to break up the white a little bit. The Shorts could be used with the home jumper for away games where a clash jumper isn't necessary.

The GC monogram on a sun is kind of perfect, but I made my version with smaller ray lines so the GC is bigger and the whole sun emblem can take up more of the jumper without being awkwardly low or intersecting with the sponsor.

Personally I think having blue as a third colour is pointless and makes the identity weaker, it's too close to Adelaide and Fitzroy's later colours, as well as the fact that there's no blue on the sun. Their main colours are already Red and Gold in a de facto sense, the same way Carlton are the navy blues even though there's some white on their jumper. But I made a blue version anyway, to match their current away strip, if that's what people want:

SunsAway.png

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
LgM6rTU.jpg

hVBXFvL.jpg

It is great that you like the idea of my logo. However, how you redesigned it it looks like a flower. The sun has to be as large as the G and C in the middle because they are equal parts of the club name. Leaving the jumper the way it is is to honour what has happened before at the Suns. They have created a club out of nothing. It is a design used by Gold Coast only, like West Coast and the wings. They kept on using them. They changed them, and didn't they get a backlash because of it.

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I agree they need a new logo. Also, here's a jumper idea.

View attachment 786387
("What If" Wednesdays: Week 60 - Gold Coast Lifesavers)

Not sure if you’ve posted this elsewhere and I’ve seen it but I’ve been thinking of something similar like this, particularly the white one for some time. A significantly better clash than what they have.

Back