News Gold Coast Suns part ways with Malcolm Blight

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guess makes sense , his role was a mentor for Bluey , now Bluey is gone use that money on some more assissant coaches.

"Meanwhile, Malcolm Blight has stepped-back from his role as coaching adviser at the Suns but will remain at the club in a new position yet to be finalised.

Blight had long been expected to leave the football department at the end of this season and return to the board.

However, it has now emerged a new off-field staff position may be created. Blight said the position was always intended to be temporary while the coaching panel gained experience and when Rodney Eade replaced Guy McKenna last year he and the club started talking about what he would do next. “The reality is our group is now a very experienced one and the need for an adviser isn’t there and that became more and more evident throughout the year,’’ he said.

“We are working through a couple of things now as to how I can continue to help the club.’’

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl...ubs-in-melbourne/story-fni5f7ka-1227529198224

Not a Malcolm Blight fan - has had no AFL relevance since Adelaide Crows days (don't count St Kilda as he was sacked for his lack commitment).

Now I here that we paid this guy so much that we couldn't pay actually pay multiple coaches to actually coach the players. No wonder the development at our club is deplorable.

Personally I don't want an eccentric guy on the payroll who lives up at Palm Cove, was hanging out of Ken Hinkley's a**, and wants to put part-time effort in, so I hope the club doesn't find a role for him and both parties go their separate ways.

Not a Malcolm Blight fan - has had no AFL relevance since Adelaide Crows days (don't count St Kilda as he was sacked for his lack commitment).

Now I here that we paid this guy so much that we couldn't pay actually pay multiple coaches to actually coach the players. No wonder the development at our club is deplorable.

Personally I don't want an eccentric guy on the payroll who lives up at Palm Cove, was hanging out of Ken Hinkley's a**, and wants to put part-time effort in, so I hope the club doesn't find a role for him and both parties go their separate ways.

This is true.
Blight was, as his name suggests, a blight on the game after his Crows days were over.
As senior coach of the Saints he was turning up to training smelling of alcohol and his general conduct during that time was disgraceful.
You guys can only be better without him there.

Excuse my intrusion. You are better off without Blight. He has never 'built' a team.
I read his book and he is an incurable gambler on players and tactics by his own admission
and often got it wrong. Gut feel, impulse, roll the dice hail mary coaching is code for lazy "I think" coaching.
For the $'s he's been paid over the years the only one smiling is Malcolm.
Unbelievable players don't always make it as coaches or good player developers.
With Malcolm its been a history of "my way or the highway". What is your way Malcolm?
"err dunno lets try this or this" based on what! err dunno I'm an ideas man

Excuse my intrusion. You are better off without Blight. He has never 'built' a team.
I read his book and he is an incurable gambler on players and tactics by his own admission
and often got it wrong. Gut feel, impulse, roll the dice hail mary coaching is code for lazy "I think" coaching.
For the $'s he's been paid over the years the only one smiling is Malcolm.
Unbelievable players don't always make it as coaches or good player developers.
With Malcolm its been a history of "my way or the highway". What is your way Malcolm?
"err dunno lets try this or this" based on what! err dunno I'm an ideas man

He was only a coaching advisor for us . His coaching record is up there with the best 2 flags , 5 or so GF's , you dont fluke that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was only a coaching advisor for us . His coaching record is up there with the best 2 flags , 5 or so GF's , you dont fluke that.

I love Blighty, but this is Rocket's team now and he needs the dollars spent on coaches that are team players
Malcolm has built his reputation on being a maverick, and TBH we need a few less of those around the place this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back