Gold Coast Suns Pre-Season 2021

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
One more. Looking forward to see him in reserves.

1607435255591.png

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
He'll need time, but athletically has all the pieces. Think there were a couple of scratch matches this year that he did well in? Playing against other AFL bodies would have helped him a lot this year.

Playing full forward coming off no experience I imgine is really difficult. Need to learn good positioning, leading patterns, etc. At least when you're full-back you can just be told to follow your man around.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Look like another Wilkison type, good athlete. Hopefully The new VFL can accelerate his development, playing againt more AFL listed players.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Aug 11, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Launceston FC
Hey guys,

Having made the decision that GC is now my second team (strong dislike for big clubs from Vic caused me to pick WC when they joined, GC seems a natural 2nd team), I have been watching with interest as you guys form a killer team of young guns!!

I read somewhere over the ore-season to keep an eye on Alex Davies? A midfielder? Likely to get game?

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Hey guys,

Having made the decision that GC is now my second team (strong dislike for big clubs from Vic caused me to pick WC when they joined, GC seems a natural 2nd team), I have been watching with interest as you guys form a killer team of young guns!!

I read somewhere over the ore-season to keep an eye on Alex Davies? A midfielder? Likely to get game?
I am sure Alex will get a taste this year, perhaps in the JLT and then the real stuff late in the year. I don’t think they will rush him

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hey guys,

Always happy to have supporters.
Alex is an inside kid with some agility.
Don’t think he’ll be in contention for a game early on, may get a taste toward the end of the year.
We are pretty stacked at his position.
Looking forward to see how he does against vfl competition.

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Do we have a media team anymore? Or have they gone on holidays? Where's the content? Club hasn't even put an interview up with Hollands since being at the club. Had one video after the first day weeks ago and nada since.

Only content we have received is third party stuff.

Do we have a media team anymore? Or have they gone on holidays? Where's the content? Club hasn't even put an interview up with Hollands since being at the club. Had one video after the first day weeks ago and nada since.

And no training photos/insta videos since that first one with the time trial.

Shame I can't travel between pies and suns training haha. I'd give more content than a media team

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Christmas Closure

The SUNS will be closed for business for the Christmas break from 5pm, Friday 18 December until 9am, Monday 11 January. Unfortunately, we will not be contactable via phone or email during this period, and will get back to all enquiries as soon as possible on our return.

Last edited:

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Yeah they’re on holidays - gotta take em while they can as they can’t do anything while the season is on.

They’re still posting fixture releases etc while they’re meant to be on holidays so have to give them some credit

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Mand this ladies and gentleman is one of the many reasons we only have approx 13k members.

There’s been nothing media wise to pump up the Suns resurgence into finals contender for 2021 so far lost 2020

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yeah, SUNS media did actually very good job this year. Especially, considering 30% cuts. I am surprised we have any media staff left, lol. Check out other teams and their media quality. SUNS compare quite favourably. Some videos on Twitter are gold.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Mand this ladies and gentleman is one of the many reasons we only have approx 13k members.

There’s been nothing media wise to pump up the Suns resurgence into finals contender for 2021 so far lost 2020
Need some rest for Holiday season ,media Staffs are human not robot.

Greendogg

Club Legend
Nov 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
2 days putting together a Holland’s interview and some footage of the first 1-2weeks for the younger guys wouldn’t of hurt anyone.

I’m on a salary.
Get paid 8 hours and generally work 12hours a day.
sh*t happens it’s what I signed up to, to be in the position I am.
U sound stressed Ben.

SaadyArmy

Team Captain
Jan 31, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Posts that aged well

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back