Gold Coast Suns Pre-Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like the boys are committed for the rise. Exciting

Ellis went sub 6 minutes from what I could hear - 5.59!! but Rankine and Anderson not far behind with around 6.08 times. Brodie was an interesting one - in the middle of the pack and just hanging in BUT then blitzed over the last 200 metres leaving the rest of the middle pack behind. Not sure of time but I reckon there's a bigger tank in there these days - hoping for a big season from Will. Greenwood with new skin head look seemed to lag a little but I guess he's never been known for his speed. Weller seen having a quiet chuck behind the sheds so not everybody found the post Christmas 2k much fun.
I think Anderson was four or five seconds in front of Rankine, clear second. Miller in between.

Sharp was around that front batch too, right?

I hung around and caught some more of the training — Anderson looks next level.

I think Anderson was four or five seconds in front of Rankine, clear second. Miller in between.

Sharp was around that front batch too, right?

I hung around and caught some more of the training — Anderson looks next level.
Can you elaborate on Anderson looking next level? Thanks!

The way Anderson progressed throughout last season, its no surprise he has continued that on to preseason.
We all love Rowelly but Andersons ceiling is better then Rowells and if he keeps this sort of work rate up we will have an elite midfield on our hands

We all love Rowelly but Andersons ceiling is better then Rowells and if he keeps this sort of work rate up we will have an elite midfield on our hands
Anderson is going to end up the better of the 2 IMO, however, both will be superstars of the comp hopefully.

1610451737167.gif

Anderson is going to end up the better of the 2 IMO, however, both will be superstars of the comp hopefully.

Yeah agree, I watched Noah like a hawk this year. Very reliable and consistent can’t wait till he builds up he’s gonna tear everyone apart.

We can also thank Melbourne fc for stealing nick holmans winning goal from us and gifting us Noah Anderson thank you very much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To do what Rowell did in his first 4 games as a 18-19yr old midfielder off whatever basic pre season he had.

yet he has game far more advanced in mental and physical in 2021

we saw Anderson grow over a season.. we didn’t get that from Rowell.

#istandwithRowell
Yes Rowell is better now but he doesn't have the ceiling of Noah. Noah is taller, faster, a better mark and has a better balance of inside/out. Rowelly will be very good but Noah could be better. We will have a great 1-2 punch with those 2

Yes Rowell is better now but he doesn't have the ceiling of Noah. Noah is taller, faster, a better mark and has a better balance of inside/out. Rowelly will be very good but Noah could be better. We will have a great 1-2 punch with those 2
Rowell had 6 goals in 4weeks was almost leading the Coleman before he went down injured.

could be a generational full forward
😁

Sam day kicked 12goals from 17 games 🤦🏼‍♂️

What about Rankine and Lukosius one two punch? Maybe people's here rated them lower to 3 , 4 punch .

Rowell had 6 goals in 4weeks was almost leading the Coleman before he went down injured.

could be a generational full forward
😁

Sam day kicked 12goals from 17 games 🤦🏼‍♂️
I wouldn't bank on Rowell keeping that sort of goalkicking form going forward. Opposition players not knowing his running patterns and his work rate accounted for the majority of them and it will be a bit different when he has players hanging off him at every stoppage.
Noah on the other hand can go forward and beat players with pace and marking ability. That's the difference and that makes Noah's ceiling higher

Training jumpers again this year look better than our actual jumpers. The pinstripe yellow on the red looks awesome, much less Maccas
I don't know why they can't use ideas from the training jumpers for the real ones. I always thought they would look much better.

Geez, people have short memories here. Rowell has played with Anderson his whole footy career and has been the better player throughout.

What Rowell has is innate.

He's best player at the club right now. He played well we won games, Anderson played well we didn't.

Rowell is a match winner now, Anderson could be but not yet.

I don't know why they can't use ideas from the training jumpers for the real ones. I always thought they would look much better.
The giants have redesigned theirs and theirs was better than ours and they are a younger club.
Cmon Suns pull the finger out, perfect time for a fresh start

The giants have redesigned theirs and theirs was better than ours and they are a younger club.
Cmon Suns pull the finger out, perfect time for a fresh start
Giants new ones are terrible, prefer the old ones.
But do agree we need a fresh start desperately. The jumpers are just so bland and uninspiring

Remove this Banner Ad

Back