Gold Coast Suns Pre-Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Anyone know how Ben king is looking? Surely another pre season to build more muscle and strength would help him

In the past I think he has dropped too many easy marks inside 50 so hopefully added strength would help that?
Looks a bit bigger but still think he is another year away from exploding. Should get some extra consistency this year next year will be his year

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Anyone know how Ben king is looking? Surely another pre season to build more muscle and strength would help him

In the past I think he has dropped too many easy marks inside 50 so hopefully added strength would help that?
Extra 5-6 kg this off-season according to Dew. Last year was around 91-92 kg. One more year to go I guess.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think King at 202cm and 97kg is perfectly fine for now.
If he ends up around 100kg at age 23 or so that would be fine.

He is a mark on the lead forward, not a wrestling forward.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Nice!

Brodie getting involved in the middle and up forward is a great sign.
Ace and Mally look so rapid around the ball.

Charlie giving Sammy Day a workover.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Love it when the club posts a good video and proves me wrong.

Reckon we can play Greenwood, Brodie and Anderson all in the same team? That’s a beastly looking midfield forming:cool:

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Reckon we can play Greenwood, Brodie and Anderson all in the same team? That’s a beastly looking midfield forming:cool:
Anderson can play with anyone so don't think he comes into the conversation.

I don't think Brodie and Greenwood can play together IF they are both just playing mid.
However,

Greenwood has played considerable time forward at Adelaide - kicked 36.26 in 51 games at Adelaide.
We've been on record wanting Brodie to develop some forward skills. Kicking a goal here was a glimpse of that.. though he's only kicked 3 goals in 20 AFL games to date.

I think you can play them both if they can function as a part time forward.
Our forward line marking isn't the best so another tall guy adds a bit here.

If you can get 25 goals across 22 games for Greenwood and Brodie combined - then my answer is definitely yes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders

If it’s true that he has developed his craft forward of the ball, it’d be hard to argue why he doesn’t deserve a go.

Greenwood will play predominantly in the middle but can at least make a contest up forward. Anderson and Weller can play anywhere. Rowell is Rowell. Touk played up forward early but has been predominantly midfield so far in his career? Rankine and Ainsworth can run through there.

Unfortunately means we probably won’t be seeing Bowes in the guts anytime soon, which is a shame because he would be a gun in there.

While we may lack the top end talent at this stage, we certainly have created a deep midfield. You would think 1 or 2 mids will have to start looking elsewhere soon for more opportunity.

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Anderson can play with anyone so don't think he comes into the conversation.

I don't think Brodie and Greenwood can play together IF they are both just playing mid.
However,

Greenwood has played considerable time forward at Adelaide - kicked 36.26 in 51 games at Adelaide.
We've been on record wanting Brodie to develop some forward skills. Kicking a goal here was a glimpse of that.. though he's only kicked 3 goals in 20 AFL games to date.

I think you can play them both if they can function as a part time forward.
Our forward line marking isn't the best so another tall guy adds a bit here.

If you can get 25 goals across 22 games for Greenwood and Brodie combined - then my answer is definitely yes.
Swallow is currently occupying that role with Lachie Weller. Hopefully Dewy and the coaches can sort out those 4. I thought Hugh would of gone forward more last season but that wasn't the case, he can do some damage.

Will Brodie listed as MID/FWD on AFL Fantasy. Which is weird because he only played 1 AFL game and didn't even play any proper reserves games so it seems Gold Coast have said that he will play forward a bit.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Anyone else notice the blurred section on the left side of the coaches whiteboard? Interestingly, the video was edited in a way where the blurring effect was taken off for a transition and it revealed the writing:

LIpiW7T.jpg

Anyone want to have a crack at reading the writing and deciphering what it means?

03ZAJnw.jpg

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Thought I read somewhere the boys are going to be playing Brisbane in a trial game on the weekend. Anyone know where / when and if the public can go watch?
Yeah because the AFL Pre season was meant to start tonight. I’m pretty sure it is closer to the public though

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Anyone else notice the blurred section on the left side of the coaches whiteboard? Interestingly, the video was edited in a way where the blurring effect was taken off for a transition and it revealed the writing:

LIpiW7T.jpg

Anyone want to have a crack at reading the writing and deciphering what it means?

03ZAJnw.jpg
I just like how they've got inspirational quotes from literary greats, like Mike Krzyzewski and Charles Darwin around the bottom of the wall :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back