Gold Coast Suns Pre-Season 2021

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Members are able to get into Carlton vs essendons praccy match on Thursday. They are also live streaming the game.
Why are we so far behind with this stuff?
We should be allowed to view the game imo.
Two monolith Melbourne clubs vs our little engine that could.

I would imagine we just don't have the resources for that kind of stuff.

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
I thought pre-season games were closed to the public by the AFL, hence cancelling one scheduled pre-season game and hence Carl/Ess streaming their match?

As for live-streaming - would be great, but the clubs resources are already pretty stretched with COVID and the women’s team unexpectedly in Perth for another week. The cost V reward probably isn’t there either. There would be what, a couple thousand viewers? Probably less if it was open to members only. Would be a great benefit for the members who donated their membership money last year and it sucks for us avid watchers, but I can see why it’s a non-starter.

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I thought pre-season games were closed to the public by the AFL, hence cancelling one scheduled pre-season game and hence Carl/Ess streaming their match?

As for live-streaming - would be great, but the clubs resources are already pretty stretched with COVID and the women’s team unexpectedly in Perth for another week. The cost V reward probably isn’t there either. There would be what, a couple thousand viewers? Probably less if it was open to members only. Would be a great benefit for the members who donated their membership money last year and it sucks for us avid watchers, but I can see why it’s a non-starter.

It doesn’t take much to live stream on YouTube or Facebook/Instagram/TikTok/twitch all you need is a camera+computer+internet connection.. the average teenager could set it up it’s not that hard and not as if you would need to set up for commentary

The club has gone live on the website and app before for press conferences so they have the equipment

SaadyArmy

Team Captain
Jan 31, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
It doesn’t take much to live stream on YouTube or Facebook/Instagram/TikTok/twitch all you need is a camera+computer+internet connection.. the average teenager could set it up it’s not that hard and not as if you would need to set up for commentary

The club has gone live on the website and app before for press conferences so they have the equipment

You need to have another staff member on board to both set the camera/live stream up, and also to sit there and pan back and forth

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
You need to have another staff member on board to both set the camera/live stream up, and also to sit there and pan back and forth

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You make it sound as if there’s only 2 people who work there other than the coaching staff.. if that’s the case then this club is in serious financial trouble

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
Saw a tweet from the Lions account.
No live stream for this specific game b/c the Lions AFLW team is now scheduled to play at the same time as the practice match.
AFL rule is that you can't have live coverage of both teams at the same time.
Not a technical or resources issue.
Will have highlights up next week.
AFLW schedule getting done on the fly with no travel to and from Melbourne yet, so just bad luck.

Dec 3, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Crisis averted
No live stream for this specific game b/c the Lions AFLW team is now scheduled to play at the same time as the practice match.
AFLW schedule getting done on the fly with no travel to and from Melbourne yet, so just bad luck.

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

T__Y

Debutant
Nov 11, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Show the full stream on delay.... they'll be recording it for coaching purposes anyway, so why not share with fans of both the Suns and Lions.

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Show the full stream on delay.... they'll be recording it for coaching purposes anyway, so why not share with fans of both the Suns and Lions.

You've got to be kidding surely.....Go to our Suns webpage and you'll see they haven't posted a vid, an interview, a report or anything for the men's team since Ep4 of the Day to Day vid, 6 days ago, or before that, some Images back on the 15th Feb. So why would you think they'd keep members informed with a shared delayed stream.
Any chance we can get KT back from Adelaide....

Sun Stormer

Mature Age Recruit
Jul 27, 2018
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
My understanding is the game is on the back oval so you could watch from outside the fencing....just not allowed inside. Could be wrong but if true, it's an option.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
LLOYD’S ‘FEBRUARY FLYERS’ PRIMED FOR BIG 2021 SEASONS

Noah Anderson, Ben Ainsworth and Will Brodie (Gold Coast)

“It’s (Noah) Anderson, no surprise there.

“(Ben) Ainsworth is flying and Will Brodie, they say, has finally turned the corner, and is ready to play and play from the start.

“They reckon there’s been a real change in him.

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Couldn’t think of a guy who’s opinion I give less credence to.

Kane Kornes?
Although I don’t think he could name 10 Suns players.

I do hope this Brodie hype doesn’t come crashing down in round 1 by him not getting named. Can only be beneficial if he becomes a reliable best 22 player. Clearance machine. Really pulling for him.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Kane Kornes?
Although I don’t think he could name 10 Suns players.

I do hope this Brodie hype doesn’t come crashing down in round 1 by him not getting named. Can only be beneficial if he becomes a reliable best 22 player. Clearance machine. Really pulling for him.
I would be shocked if Brodie plays round 1 unless SUNs get injuries. Which player would he replace in best 22?

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
I would be shocked if Brodie plays round 1 unless SUNs get injuries. Which player would he replace in best 22?

Whoever he has performed better than over the pre-season.

We don’t have 22 players who pick themselves each week so if someone is knocking the door down (which Brodie is allegedly nearing) then you pick him and either he proves himself or someone overtakes him.

But all we’ve seen is a couple of minutes clips from training. See if he backs it up in match conditions first.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Whoever he has performed better than over the pre-season.

We don’t have 22 players who pick themselves each week so if someone is knocking the door down (which Brodie is allegedly nearing) then you pick him and either he proves himself or someone overtakes him.

But all we’ve seen is a couple of minutes clips from training. See if he backs it up in match conditions first.
Fair enough. Just can't see him jumping ahead of Greenwood, Miller, Rowell, Anderson. They are probably locks for round 1. And he is not going to replace the captain (Swallow).

Back