Best rebrand option

• Total voters
Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Yeah definitely do it. I've tried contacting Collingwood a few times but to no avail. A smaller club like GC would have more time at its disposal could probably take your consideration in. And with the recent Carlton jumper fiasco it appears that actions on this board can spiral into real world consequences.

Just an idea but if we made up your design onto a realistic template and made it look all official and post it saying it was leaked or something and then it circulated around, depending on how positive the feedback was it could probably make its way to someone affiliated with GC and bang. It's exactly what happened with the Carlton clash but this time its actually fake haha
i think i have emailed the club with a couple designs a few years back and i did get a response! a smaller club like ours would also get less emails like that to sift through so chances of getting acknowledged is higher than others i suppose.

could be an option! haha. although it did seem to rush carlton into publishing an outcome, albeit pretty rushed by the looks of the photoshop job haha. i was more thinking of trying to figure out a way to present them more professionally if i was going to send it to the club. i love the presentation standards of some of the rebranding posts on behance.net (e.g. https://www.behance.net/gallery/57508019/Denver-Nuggets-Rebrand), so was thinking of trying to find some way to highlight the little parts of the guernseys that represent different themes of the gold coast.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
i think i have emailed the club with a couple designs a few years back and i did get a response! a smaller club like ours would also get less emails like that to sift through so chances of getting acknowledged is higher than others i suppose.

could be an option! haha. although it did seem to rush carlton into publishing an outcome, albeit pretty rushed by the looks of the photoshop job haha. i was more thinking of trying to figure out a way to present them more professionally if i was going to send it to the club. i love the presentation standards of some of the rebranding posts on behance.net (e.g. https://www.behance.net/gallery/57508019/Denver-Nuggets-Rebrand), so was thinking of trying to find some way to highlight the little parts of the guernseys that represent different themes of the gold coast.
Wow that presentation looked amazing. Something like that would be hard to ignore especially for GC. Give it a shot, would love to see the outcome of it. You could even try putting through the GC Board and running a poll on if they would prefer it over the current and you can bring those stats to them to show the designs is well received.

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Wow that presentation looked amazing. Something like that would be hard to ignore especially for GC. Give it a shot, would love to see the outcome of it. You could even try putting through the GC Board and running a poll on if they would prefer it over the current and you can bring those stats to them to show the designs is well received.
a poll could work, but being a fairly small community on our board it's a small sample size of a poll. i liked when members had a say on guernseys like the lions logo, carlton's monogram, our clash guernsey a year or so ago. perhaps if the club does want to go down the path of a re-design a member based poll would help decide. although i still think the AFL has a bit more of a say with those sorts of things, especially for our club being relatively new. who knows haha.

i did put something together and sent it off to them. will let you know what they say, if they do respond haha.

Beautiful :)
You could even incorporate blue at the bottom somehow to look like a yellow/sandy beach and then water?
Looks perfect either way
i like your thinking, with the yellow ellipse at the top and changing the red to blue symbolises a yellow sun at the top of the front of the guernsey with the yellow curves imitating sun rays. i switched up the direction of the curves on the rear so the lines can continue around the side of the guernsey smoothly. i think it sorta looks like waves crashing over a beach now.

GCSUNS_06_AWAY_2.png

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
a poll could work, but being a fairly small community on our board it's a small sample size of a poll. i liked when members had a say on guernseys like the lions logo, carlton's monogram, our clash guernsey a year or so ago. perhaps if the club does want to go down the path of a re-design a member based poll would help decide. although i still think the AFL has a bit more of a say with those sorts of things, especially for our club being relatively new. who knows haha.

i did put something together and sent it off to them. will let you know what they say, if they do respond haha.

i like your thinking, with the yellow ellipse at the top and changing the red to blue symbolises a yellow sun at the top of the front of the guernsey with the yellow curves imitating sun rays. i switched up the direction of the curves on the rear so the lines can continue around the side of the guernsey smoothly. i think it sorta looks like waves crashing over a beach now.

View attachment 583455
Wicked. Same comment re gradual thinning the hoops. Ie relatively thick hoops under the sun/beach and gradually thinner.
Back needs to be predominantly yellow, start the hoops further down on the back.

Nedland

Forward Pocket
Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
You guys should definitely go with a more ochre colour instead of red. You could have a new catch cry and have a team song as follows...

Ochre of the land
Gold of sun and sand
Blues of the sea and the sky
The Suns will always rise
The coast will always thrive
A team that never says die

We're the Suns of a Gold Coast sky
Burning big and bright
We play to win the flag for you
We're the team who never say die
From the coast with the most
We will rise to be the toast
We are on the path to glory
Jump on board and join our story
Suns of a Gold Coast sky
Burning big and bright
Fight, fight, fight
We're the team who never say die

View attachment 583455
Brilliant. Could be used as a clash guernsey? :)

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
I just tried cutting and pasting my favourite designs from this thread but it didn't work. I'll try again later.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
for what it's worth, this is what i emailed to the club. i've seen a few people on here get their designs made into international & state league guernseys, so i'm definitely not expecting these to actually get implemented. just hoping that they see there's people pushing for it and i hope in the next couple of years they go down that path.

GCSUNS_06_PRESENTATION_2.png
GCSUNS_06_HOME__PRESENTATION.png
GCSUNS_06_AWAY__PRESENTATION_2.png
GCSUNS_06_CLASH__PRESENTATION.png

haven't given your last suggestion a go just yet, 1990crow, studies got in the way a bit.

Aug 2, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
for what it's worth, this is what i emailed to the club. i've seen a few people on here get their designs made into international & state league guernseys, so i'm definitely not expecting these to actually get implemented. just hoping that they see there's people pushing for it and i hope in the next couple of years they go down that path.

View attachment 583878 View attachment 583879 View attachment 583880 View attachment 583881

haven't given your last suggestion a go just yet, 1990crow, studies got in the way a bit.
Great work mate.
Not my cup of tea but can’t fault the effort and time put into these. Hopefully someone listens and gets you on board

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
Should just be able to drag each image on to your desktop?

Cheers. Was on my phone before, but now I'm on a desktop it's a bit easier. Sorry about not putting creators names with the designs, you can easily find them elsewhere on this thread.

I'm certainly not trying to take credit for anything, simply saying in a thread full of awesomeness, these designs in particular are really good, and merit serious consideration by the club.
582696_d4b87e66fde547e5e0ab39d679b92e6c.png
582731_530ea30e5218b9f14c87b5231e92519f.png
582635_718b0a7bfef733fbadb99ed2ccee7e7e.png
582633_7518beec2ea4de0afe774d1a5ab31a77.png
582677_e4bbd47334d620d0e9c66f63b8865e9e.png
582732_1e302ae996094bf9f42b79ce95802456.png
573561_4095e3af0fecff97332bdddc04307bbd.png
573565_2fd0acbbd3a7b359dab19746aeb75a27.png
457894_224f68a24c7f14b8324b269313f9d7c5.png
datPhoto1_562fa0190a7d6_.jpg

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Cheers. Was on my phone before, but now I'm on a desktop it's a bit easier. Sorry about not putting creators names with the designs, you can easily find them elsewhere on this thread.

I'm certainly not trying to take credit for anything, simply saying in a thread full of awesomeness, these designs in particular are really good, and merit serious consideration by the club.
View attachment 583922 View attachment 583923 View attachment 583924 View attachment 583925 View attachment 583926 View attachment 583927 View attachment 583928 View attachment 583929 View attachment 583930 View attachment 583931
The club might make some of these as a training guernsey?

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide

View attachment 583878 View attachment 583879 View attachment 583880 View attachment 583881

Any response from GC?

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide

View attachment 583922 View attachment 583923 View attachment 583924
Have to say I prefer the "rays" starting further up the Guernsey as they are in this version. Halfway down looks a little weird.

Back