Resource Gold Coast Suns Rebrand

Best rebrand option

• Total voters
Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
My reaction any time someone uses a local newspaper article as evidence that a GC rebrand might be happening...
tumblr_o06ybxftWP1thoaq1o2_500.gif
It's an odd time for it to come up I reckon. I could understand later in the seaosn but not now. Lots of new faces about though.

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Did he reply?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
yep, said they'd consider it. they started working with apparel providers in april/may looking to lock in a design by june. he did mention he'd get back to me with feedback (he's a busy man, so i'm not expecting anything really), but i'm assuming if he does he will in the next few weeks.

SaadyArmy

Team Captain
Jan 31, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
yep, said they'd consider it. they started working with apparel providers in april/may looking to lock in a design by june. he did mention he'd get back to me with feedback (he's a busy man, so i'm not expecting anything really), but i'm assuming if he does he will in the next few weeks.

Does that mean we’ll have a new apparel company ? Just as Xblades is starting to make good gear

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Does that mean we’ll have a new apparel company ? Just as Xblades is starting to make good gear

not necessarily. i'm not sure the status of our deal with xblades but if we're at the end of our contract, like any other club, it'd be natural to test the market to see what other manufacturer's can offer. i like xblades as well.

Nedland

Forward Pocket
Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
View attachment 701395

Just playing around with the AFL logos, trying to minimalise them for some future portfolios and came up with this minimal rebrand. Not sure how to work this onto a jumper but I guess I'll have to give it a shot.
Any chance you could change the red to a dark orange, and in the bottom half to sky blue?

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
View attachment 701395

Just playing around with the AFL logos, trying to minimalise them for some future portfolios and came up with this minimal rebrand. Not sure how to work this onto a jumper but I guess I'll have to give it a shot.
Sydney style, a straight horizontal yoke a la Brissy, have the logo above the yoke, but make the lines below the sun hoops like the 00s robodog... Just the same thickness as your logo idea.

Good luck with those "clear" instructions!

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Sydney style, a straight horizontal yoke a la Brissy, have the logo above the yoke, but make the lines below the sun hoops like the 00s robodog... Just the same thickness as your logo idea.

Good luck with those "clear" instructions!
Slightly tweaked your suggestions and came out with this. Still work in progress but it think it has legs.

Feat. ye olde template

Briar Gold

Premium Platinum
Apr 21, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Good work everyone. I hope this goes ahead, I live in SE Qld and really think the branding has been an issue.

No design background so can't offer much...do feel strongly that the red needs to change to a deeper red. Less orange-y and more towards the maroon end of the spectrum without going full Lions.

Back