Resource Gold Coast Suns Rebrand

Best rebrand option

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mind this suns jumper.
My mum has a work colleague she knows from the club, they were looking for a jumper redesign so had a go myself. Made a full portfolio and everything, sent it but never got a reply back :(

It was basically my FIRA entry with the mountain design but in their colours, actually thought it was pretty neat.

The suns new training jumper is cool and the gc logo doesn't look as lame with some pattern around it.

please help us

anyone

Well, if you merge with North, you'll get new jumpers, a new logo and some new colours and a new nickname.

Several problems solved all at once.

Last edited by a moderator:
St Coast?

WE ARE THE SAINTS OF THE GOLD COAST SKY
WE ARE THE MIGHTY GOLD COAST SAINTS
IF WE EVER MAKE THE EIGHT
ALL OF OUR FANS WILL SURELY FAINT
It would have been a great contribution to the thread I linked above.

It was a good debate. I was able to create some controversy. Your song would have done wonders, I believe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno why the saints are suggested as a relocated team they have a pretty decent following in the sth eastern suburbs of melbourne. North, dogs and melbourne are the three that would be in the firing line if relocation ever occurred.

Dunno why the saints are suggested as a relocated team they have a pretty decent following in the sth eastern suburbs of melbourne. North, dogs and melbourne are the three that would be in the firing line if relocation ever occurred.

I've always maintained that North should've gone to the Gold Coast in 2007.

Then Tasmania would have been brought in with Western Sydney in 2011/2012

I've always maintained that North should've gone to the Gold Coast in 2007.

Then Tasmania would have been brought in with Western Sydney in 2011/2012

Just on this why weren't north considered to move to western sydney instead of gc though? They would have needed an established club with some supporters more than gc i would have thought. Plus the blue of the kangaroos a good contrast to the red of the swans.

Just on this why weren't north considered to move to western sydney instead of gc though? They would have needed an established club with some supporters more than gc i would have thought. Plus the blue of the kangaroos a good contrast to the red of the swans.
I believe that North were considered for both Western Sydney and Gold Coast at some stage. I may be wrong but I seem to recall North playing "home" games at the SCG at some point?

I believe that North were considered for both Western Sydney and Gold Coast at some stage. I may be wrong but I seem to recall North playing "home" games at the SCG at some point?

Yeah, around 2000-ish, for 2 or 3 years. Attendance was poor (except for maybe a game or 2 against the Swans). From memory, the story was that they thought they could get better corporate support with Sydney games (e.g. offering corporate box packages to their sponsors).

But the problem was - they just flew in and out, with no ground work. I remember at the time thinking they were just mercenaries, taking the money.

I think the Hawks should be commended for how much effort they have put into ingraining themselves into the north Tassie community. I've heard of multiple school visits etc.

Yeah, around 2000-ish, for 2 or 3 years. Attendance was poor (except for maybe a game or 2 against the Swans). From memory, the story was that they thought they could get better corporate support with Sydney games (e.g. offering corporate box packages to their sponsors).

But the problem was - they just flew in and out, with no ground work. I remember at the time thinking they were just mercenaries, taking the money.

I think the Hawks should be commended for how much effort they have put into ingraining themselves into the north Tassie community. I've heard of multiple school visits etc.
So in typical North fashion they were happy for the money but didn't want to put in the hard yards 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

You're absolutely right, Hawthorn have done a fantastic job with Tasmania

The Swans were often selling out the SCG at that time, and with Olympics coming up, on paper it probably looked like a good idea.

But another thing that didn't help North in Sydney - they beat us in the 96 GF! A lot of Swans came onboard at that time, and having North imprinted as the bad guys from our biggest game thus far meant that we really just couldn't get behind them as a second team. A different team might have got more open-minded Swans coming along, but not North.

Back