Gold Coast Suns Supporter Groups

Remove this Banner Ad

I really need to join the Gold Coast Suns fans of WA club, but I don't have a Facebook account after I deleted it years ago. I don't feel comfortable about creating another with the whole Facebook spyware s**t, but I don't know if there's any other way to apply for the group.

I really need to join the Gold Coast Suns fans of WA club, but I don't have a Facebook account after I deleted it years ago. I don't feel comfortable about creating another with the whole Facebook spyware s**t, but I don't know if there's any other way to apply for the group.

If you ever need anything hit me up

I will try and post some news coming from the WA supporters page over here too! They often have meet ups to watch the SUNS etc

Facebook spyware s**t
weirdalfoil_2322.jpg

Thought it would be a good idea to get people talking about this and have more unified support for the club across the states. As far as I am aware there currently aren't any official supporter groups for the Suns outside of the Gold Coast. I'd imagine the Victorian supporter group would be the largest of the interstate supporter groups and darkwingduck has already spoken about interest in making it happen. I believe the Suns are required to visit Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide every year with the occasional games in Sydney, Canberra, Geelong, Tasmania and Darwin occurring some years. At this point it is unknown whether the Suns will continue to play games in Cairns in the future but if they do it would make sense to have a North Queensland Supporter Group as well. By grouping some users together it would become easier to schedule events for game day and (hopefully) eventually start the official supporter group. I'm confident there are Suns fans all around the country so here we go...

Victorian supporter group
darkwingduck
Scotty_222

South Australian supporter group

Western Australian supporter group
TheJaegerBomb

New South Wales/ACT supporter group

Tasmanian supporter group

Northern Territory supporter group

North Queensland supporter group

Discuss the idea here and maybe something could happen for the game in Perth this weekend. Making Suns supporter group jackets would be a good start.
Want to get a group of Suns supporters together for pre-match food and drinks at the Shafston Hotel, Saturday 16th April? Only 800m from the Gabba, great food, cheap drinks, perfect location!!!

Saw a SA FB page but only had about 23 likes

It's lonely here - Suns not even playing at AO once

Want to get a group of Suns supporters together for pre-match food and drinks at the Shafston Hotel, Saturday 16th April? Only 800m from the Gabba, great food, cheap drinks, perfect location!!!
rofl, great first post

account named ShafstonHotel plugging the Shafston Hotel

seriously though, this would be a good idea - i'm down for it

I will see what I can do to organise something.

How many Bigfooty peeps would be down for it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where does everyone park when they go to the gabba? Heading down next week but really hate the parking and getting to the ground situation there

Where does everyone park when they go to the gabba? Heading down next week but really hate the parking and getting to the ground situation there
Heaps and heaps of free parking. Any of the closed businesses. ANZ Bank, and around that area there is always heaps. We go to watch the Lions get beat almost every week and rock up 20 mins before a game and never have any trouble finding somewhere to park

SUNS

Q-Clash Gathering CONFIRMED

We have been fortunate enough for the Shafston Hotel to put on a free venue for a gathering of us dedicated SUNS fans. The venue have given us a sealed of section of their courtyard which they will set to a SUNS theme. They are providing us with some finger food options to go along with our pre game bevies, or for those who want a complete lunch they have EPIC meals at really good prices.

Shafston Hotel is located at Lytton Rd East Brisbane, barely a 10 minute walk from the Gabba. We will be gathering at approx 1:30pm, giving those a bit of time to get from the reserves game at Yeronga to the venue.

Q-Clash Gathering CONFIRMED

We have been fortunate enough for the Shafston Hotel to put on a free venue for a gathering of us dedicated SUNS fans. The venue have given us a sealed of section of their courtyard which they will set to a SUNS theme. They are providing us with some finger food options to go along with our pre game bevies, or for those who want a complete lunch they have EPIC meals at really good prices.

Shafston Hotel is located at Lytton Rd East Brisbane, barely a 10 minute walk from the Gabba. We will be gathering at approx 1:30pm, giving those a bit of time to get from the reserves game at Yeronga to the venue.
That's cool. Where do the Lions fans meet these days? The Pineapple Hotel on Main St?

That's cool. Where do the Lions fans meet these days? The Pineapple Hotel on Main St?
It used to be The Chalk, officially. But they closed a little while ago and I dunno if it ever reopened or not, but I'm always at the Piney before Gabba games and it's absolutely packed with Lions fans.

I was given a business card by the Gold Coast Fans of WA club at the Freo game last week, so I decided to go to the Como to watch the Carlton game with some Suns fans. But there's no one here. Do the Prodigal Suns only show up for certain games?

I was given a business card by the Gold Coast Fans of WA club at the Freo game last week, so I decided to go to the Como to watch the Carlton game with some Suns fans. But there's no one here. Do the Prodigal Suns only show up for certain games?
I'm thinking their next meet up is round 6 for the Geelong game. Keep an eye on their Facebook page for updates on meets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back