Review Gold Coast SUNS v Port Adelaide Round 9 2018 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

We owe the Bye one from 2011...

Man, this is great! Especially now that those days are far behind us.

Grêmio was on the verge of bankruptcy in 2005. We were on the second division (relegated in 2004) and had only 5 players in our roster. I know the feeling.

Last edited:

The game was a better spectacle than people give it credit for. Was a good win in wet conditions.

Weve put ourselves in a good position to really attack top 4 after the bye

Why? He is a one eyed Port supporter and doesn't hide it from his norwood constituents.
I think he also said before last years grand final "Go the crows because they are South Australian."

Why? He is a one eyed Port supporter and doesn't hide it from his norwood constituents.
Uh?
When did BF change campaigners to constituents? :D

Before the game I thought if there is just a bit of rain it was going to be a 120~130 pts v 60~70pt game.

The rain changed that. If it was 130 v 60 our percentage would be 111.99% ie 822 for v 734 against. Instead its 774 v 714 and 108.10%. So no big deal.

What is a big deal is missing 4 goals from between 12-20m out. That was ratshit and lazy. Gotta get better than that. Its not like they were kicking a ball that had been waterlogged and full of mud and they were kicking from 40m out.

8 missed shots from inside 50 from 8 different players.

Jonas was awesome. Boak very good as well. I dont think SPP was as good as others have said but he was still very good. Just needs a cooler head at times and still gives away too many free kicks that he just shouldnt. Rockliff was a beast and i'm so happy its now clicking for him. Wingard was great but just a bit wasteful.

The only player who really struggled was Motlop.

Jonas was awesome. Boak very good as well. I dont think SPP was as good as others have said but he was still very good. Just needs a cooler head at times and still gives away too many free kicks that he just shouldnt. Rockliff was a beast and i'm so happy its now clicking for him. Wingard was great but just a bit wasteful.

Motlop did appear to struggle a bit, but I was happy to hear the commentators (at the end of the game) say how Motlop worked his butt off all day.

motlop has a specific job of standing wide of the congestion to be the receiver if we can get it to him, with that job you are always going to have bad days because the style of game dictates to a large degree your influence on the game, yesterday the conditions were slippery that didnt allow much clean ball from the congestion, as well as a lot of kicking long down the line Motlop was left out of position. From a coaching point of view you look at the work rate and you ask yourself would have he been better being placed behind the ball or forward of the ball down the line and make his wide receiver role redundant for that game. If the game was close then maybe the move would have been made but i think the coaches would rather keep the structure they want and let the team perfect its own game style rather than changing it to suit the conditions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bar 5 seconds of heroics last week, Motlop has been bog average thus far this season.
The occasional flare but wow is it few and far between.

Thank god for the bye.

I need a week off after this garbage.

SPP was fantastic (horrid miss aside). Boaky stole his medal.
To be fair, Boak had most possessions and a goal.

Bar 5 seconds of heroics last week, Motlop has been bog average thus far this season.
Nonsense.

No, cannot agree with that. Not everything is measured in stats or highlight packages. He has done is job and provided us with a massive list improvement. His running patterns, pressure acts and generally forcing the other team to keep an eye on him has been of great benefit.

EDIT: Our i side 50s aren't the best and haven't been for quite some time. It's probably fair to say that both Motlop and Watts have improved our team wrt that.

Being close to the boundary line at the game I could hear the players shouting to each other. A couple of times I heard Motlop shout instructions to team-mates about where to position themselves on the ground. I think he's taken more a leadership role at the club and all that experience at Geelong has helped.

Heard Dougal shouting a couple of times. You can see the leadership potential there

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back