Autopsy Gold Coast Suns vs Brisbane Lions Rd 21 @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah agree with this. Solly in the unfortunate position of being an assistant (a very highly rated assistant to be fair) at a club that hasn't achieved. Any right minded business in any company would be bonkers to promote from within a group like that.
Agree with that l want him as the number 2 man must be almost complete clean out even Lovell as well.
What l meant was Solomon must stay and be the only one to stay.
Wasn't that press conference just a breath of fresh air. Some honestly and not spin from someone trying to save a job.

Yeah agree with this. Solly in the unfortunate position of being an assistant (a very highly rated assistant to be fair) at a club that hasn't achieved. Any right minded business in any company would be bonkers to promote from within a group like that.
Didn't Sydney give assistant coach Roos the job after ironically getting rid if Eade? Could be worse, they almost gave Terry Wallace the job before player and supporter power won.

Scrimshaw no-where near it unfortunately. Didn't even show flashes compared to his last couple of weeks. He, Brodie and Bowes show just how hard it is for first year players to be playing such important roles.

Did you see Scrimshaw's missed tackle in the last quarter - lack of awareness in that he was so confident he was going to win the 50/50 ball that he wasn't even prepared to lay the tackle when he was comprehensively beaten for the ball his opposition player was gone while he was still working out what happened to the ball. He's got a big off season waiting for him.

Did you see Scrimshaw's missed tackle in the last quarter - lack of awareness in that he was so confident he was going to win the 50/50 ball that he wasn't even prepared to lay the tackle when he was comprehensively beaten for the ball his opposition player was gone while he was still working out what happened to the ball. He's got a big off season waiting for him.
Yeah, he needs it too. Couple of effort from Scrimshaw last night weren't the best. I think he, like a lot of our players, are just limping for the finish line.

I always find it quite strange watching QClashes and seeing the Gold Coasters playing well for Brisbane. Dayne Beams (Mudgeeraba/Southport) was obviously best on, Dayne Zorko (Surfers Paradise/Broadbeach) played pretty well and Claye Beams (Mudgeeraba/Labrador) seemed to play at a higher standard than he usually produces. Even weirder is the fact that the Suns had zone access to all three of those guys at some point. Scotty Clayton is to blame for these talented Gold Coasters not wearing the red and gold.

I always find it quite strange watching QClashes and seeing the Gold Coasters playing well for Brisbane. Dayne Beams (Mudgeeraba/Southport) was obviously best on, Dayne Zorko (Surfers Paradise/Broadbeach) played pretty well and Claye Beams (Mudgeeraba/Labrador) seemed to play at a higher standard than he usually produces. Even weirder is the fact that the Suns had zone access to all three of those guys at some point. Scotty Clayton is to blame for these talented Gold Coasters not wearing the red and gold.

Given our location the benefit of the doubt with recruitment should always go in favour of the Locally produced player.
The name "Gold Coast" should just not define where the home games are played, it's meaning should be holistic.

Given our location the benefit of the doubt with recruitment should always go in favour of the Locally produced player.
The name "Gold Coast" should just not define where the home games are played, it's meaning should be holistic.
What if they had got this right from the beginning? Could you imagine a midfield that contained Gary Ablett, Dayne Beams and Dayne Zorko? A backline with Steven May, Rory Thompson and Daniel Merrett? A forward line of Charlie Dixon, Tom Lynch and Nick Riewoldt? David Hale playing in the ruck?

Dayne Beams was WANTED, no question....but he chose not to wait a year for the Suns to enter the competition, and went to the draft...rest is history, hey. And Zorko was a problem child when he ran with us early days...jeeezuz, so we move him on...and now he tears us a new one every time we play the Lions....head in *ing hands shite...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dayne Beams?
Going to blame Clayton?
IIrc, Suns went hard but he wanted to play AFL straight away.
Played about 40 games in 2009 and 2010, including a drawn GF and a winning GF.

Dayne Beams?
Going to blame Clayton?
IIrc, Suns went hard but he wanted to play AFL straight away.
Played about 40 games in 2009 and 2010, including a drawn GF and a winning GF.
Ultimately someone has to be accountable for not securing a good player they had access to. I understand D.Beams wanted to enter the AFL but Rory Thompson was also garnering interest from AFL clubs at the same time and the GC17 team managed to convince him to stay. What about Alex Keath? He spent a week on the GC and decided it wasn't for him. Again, I know he had his mind elsewhere at the time with cricket but I have a strong suspicion the club's training facilities (demountables) turned him off pretty quickly after he arrived.

Next year the club will have to fend off offers from Geelong and North Melbourne if they are to convince Bailey Scott to stay on the Gold Coast. I hope they don't make the same mistakes they've made in the past.

Ultimately someone has to be accountable for not securing a good player they had access to. I understand D.Beams wanted to enter the AFL but Rory Thompson was also garnering interest from AFL clubs at the same time and the GC17 team managed to convince him to stay. What about Alex Keath? He spent a week on the GC and decided it wasn't for him. Again, I know he had his mind elsewhere at the time with cricket but I have a strong suspicion the club's training facilities (demountables) turned him off pretty quickly after he arrived.

Next year the club will have to fend off offers from Geelong and North Melbourne if they are to convince Bailey Scott to stay on the Gold Coast. I hope they don't make the same mistakes they've made in the past.
His old man wants him to go to North

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His old man wants him to go to North
It's interesting you say that because there was a poster in the GC academy thread that basically said the opposite. He/she said Robert Scott was very bitter about the way things ended for him at North.

It's interesting you say that because there was a poster in the GC academy thread that basically said the opposite. He/she said Robert Scott was very bitter about the way things ended for him at North.
Yes l know very strange but if you knew him that's how he rolls. They have also sold the Gold Coast home getting ready for a move.
This is all second hand l don't personally know him.
The source is impeccable however.

Yes l know very strange but if you knew him that's how he rolls. They have also sold the Gold Coast home getting ready for a move.
This is all second hand l don't personally know him.
The source is impeccable however.
You're saying it's already a done deal that he's going to choose North next year?

Why would they sell their house if there's a possibility that they'll stay on the Gold Coast?

Property prices are at record highs - maybe Robert is a property speculator and is forecasting a downturn in the market

The Chinese haven't discovered the GC property market in the same way they have Sydney, when they do look out

Ditto the Melbourne market. My son has given up attending auctions as they have bottomless pockets and can't compete.
Won't be long before Eddie demands COLA payments for Victorian clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back