Preview Gold Coast Suns Vs Brisbane Lions Round 22 Saturday 18 August 6.55pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

expect a couple of the kids to get a debut this week , perhaps wooller or ballenden , just a gut feel

Saw somewhere that May and someone else have had time off for personal reasons.......sound odd to anyone else?

Wonder if they are wanting out as well.....and they have been dropped etc.

If Steven May wants out as well that would be very good for our draft prospects, makes it a lot more likely that the Suns would take one or both of the King twins.:D

I've tried to remember where I saw it, so I could reference it, but can't for the life of me......could've even been on here somewhere, just don't know.

I've tried to remember where I saw it, so I could reference it, but can't for the life of me......could've even been on here somewhere, just don't know.

Andrew Hamilton reported it in the courier mail/on superfooty, basically said that May and Rory Thompson had been away for personal reasons during part of the week. Hammo thinks May might miss for injury reasons as well.

It wasn’t reported as May wanting out of the suns just yet though - that wasn’t discussed.

Nick Robbo thinks that the QClash, like this thread, has lacked sufficient menace, and decided to take it upon himself to rev the engines at the midweek presser...

afl.com.au said:
BRISBANE defender Nick Robertson has lit the QClash fuse, labelling Gold Coast "soft" ahead of their match at Metricon Stadium on Saturday night.

Just a day after coaches Stuart Dew and Chris Fagan went out of their way to talk down the significance of the match at a joint media conference, Robertson teed off.

Speaking on Macquarie Sports Radio on Thursday afternoon, the 23-year-old said the clubs couldn't stand each other.

"I'm looking forward to getting stuck into them on the weekend and so are all the other boys," Robertson said.

"I reckon they're soft to be completely honest so I'm looking forward to getting into them.

"It's just the rivalry. They reckon they're the team in Queensland and so do we."

When pressed further on his comments, Robertson didn't back down.

"I think they take a bit of a backward step when blokes go hard at the footy," he said.

"I hope they hear that too."

Gold Coast won the round five contest by five points at the Gabba, and despite the Lions being broadly recognised as having the more impressed season, both teams have four wins.

Brisbane will be without Darcy Gardiner for the match after the defender underwent successful shoulder surgery on Tuesday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha I love it. Wouldn't mind a proper rivalry between us
It's an interesting one. On one hand, he's trying to spark a bit of talk, get the fans excited, and generate a crowd, and this is a good way to do that. On the other hand, he's given Stewie Dew some grade-A material to read to his players to rev them up before the game.

hahah ol Robbo!!!!

I don't mind it all, as this Q clash is just drifting (if not there already) into the irrelevant category very quickly. Nice bit of spice entering into the game

Poor old Fagan eyes might roll when he hears about Nick comments
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Nick was given the radio spot specifically for this purpose. They had the coaches presser, and the biggest headline to come out of it appears to be "Beams is a Lions player", and the Suns saying that they can look to emulate our rebuild. Hardly the stuff that puts bums on seats. So, the club sends out a few players to do radio spots to introduce a bit of heat into the proceedings.

Interesting. 3 first year players. Cuts to spend more time down back maybe.

Also looks like they’ll have a small forward line with only one tall forward. Not sure who Walker plays on.

Also looks like they’ll have a small forward line with only one tall forward. Not sure who Walker plays on.

Will probably play an intercept role.

Cutler is a weapon up the field, hope he has a license to play higher up the field.

Will probably play an intercept role.

Cutler is a weapon up the field, hope he has a license to play higher up the field.

Not sure this will be the game we start playing a loose defender.

Maybe Bundy will go down back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back