Preview Gold Coast Suns Vs Brisbane Lions Round 22 Saturday 18 August 6.55pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get this was done for promotional reasons but I’m not sure we’re coming from a real strong position calling the Suns soft. For almost their entire history, it has been defining that they’ve been harder at the footy than us. They would comfortably beat us at the contest even when they were full of teenagers.

This year, they are the 3rd most prolific tackling side and we’re dead last. They are 10th in contested possessions and we’re 15th. If we want to start calling people soft, I reckon we may want to harden up a bit ourselves first.

Yeah I couldn't give a crap if they folded, got the worst emblem, mascot, jumper you could picture to boot.. At the same time I'm a lot more concerned with our lacking in the tackling dept, lack lustre at best

Fagan's not happy. Rightfully so. Now they're going to be amped up even more and if we lose we will never hear the end of it.

It's a danger game as far as morale goes for both clubs. I'm predicting a no holds barred contest!

No doubt what Robbo said was orchestrated by the club to get some heat on the game so more people tune in. Taking it seriously is the last thing we should do.

Edit: didn't see Fagans comments. Silly stuff by Nick. Good hearted banter but probably better kept off the air.

Last edited:
No doubt what Robbo said was orchestrated by the club to get some heat on the game so more people tune in. Taking it seriously is the last thing we should do.

Edit: didn't see Fagans comments. Silly stuff by Nick. Good hearted banter but probably better kept off the air.

Comments on Nick's interview? Where?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Robbo went a bit over the top but he’ll learn from it. Especially if we end up losing.

I'm sure the club told him to say something but he went over the top with it. That's probably the most logical.

I was actually thinking maybe Oscar could kick a bag.

You both are dreaming. It won't ever happen. For two blokes who have played so few good games between them too many people on this board rate them. Both occasionally show some glimpses of talent but I have given up hope.

Would love to be wrong

Maybe he is just trying to fire them up, it’s hard to tank against a team that isn’t trying.

If nothing else, we’re going to expect the Suns to be fired up. I was a bit concerned that we’d be complacent in this game. I’m less so now.

16th vs 17th.

The Lions and the Suns aren't playing for much more than pride and an earlier draft selection. Whatever Robertson said about the Suns, it's suddenly generated much more interest in the match (and by extension the Lions and Suns) down in Melbourne. Garry Lyon on SEN this morning said "I wouldn't have sat down and watched more than half an hour of that, I’m going to watch all of it (now)." It's also become a talking point in many of the media match previews and footy tips down here.

I hope the Suns come out breathing fire and it's a good tough game of footy...the likes of what football in finals is like. If they do it'll be good experience for our guys. If we want to be successful in finals we need to match that sort of intensity.

And even if we lose we likely get the No. 2 draft pick (hello Sam Walsh hopefully ;) ) and Gold Coast get Pick 3 and likely Pick 4 (compensation pick for Lynch).

What's not to like?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back