Preview Gold Coast Suns Vs Brisbane Lions Round 22 Saturday 18 August 6.55pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven’t checked today, but up until last night, there hadn’t been one mention on the Suns board about the sledge (we’ll not on the Suns v Lions thread).

Good on you Robbo, finally someone with a bit of life. I thought we were going to rename ourselves the manilla folders and re-locate to the Phillippines. Now we have a game and a bit of interest the TV stations should pay Robbo a bonus for the extra viewers. A 'who the F&*$ cares match' for every other team and supporter just got interesting. If you want to be good, then at some stage you have to declare it. I hope the Suns focus on Robbo (Buddy Franklin can vouch he doesn't take a backward step) and then our kids will run riot. It will be May's head spinning this time as he watches our mid field run past him and I hope Martin walks over at the end of the game and lets him know, thats how you play footy. (not that May will be there much longer after following Lynch out the door).

Poor scheduling to have the game this late in the season when both teams supporters have probably mostly lost interest.
And on a night when Australia plays New Zealand in the 1st Rugby test (Bledisloe Cup) in a state where Aussies Runs is by far not the dominate sport. Robbo's comments are not quite the equal of the Haka but at least he got some interest back.

So a win here means pick 5 while a loss is pick 2. I hope we belt the Suns but jeez thats an awful draft price to pay for a win.

** assuming GC don't match and St Kilda stay awful **

I will hurt if we lose this. Been much more upbeat since our three peat after the bye. I fear if we lose this a mod should just ban me for a day or two and spare everyone the garbage that i will inevitably type.

In getting shitty just thinking about it. Our loss to them earlier in the year was one of the more putrid efforts I have had the displeasure to watch. The Suns were basically witches hats in the last quarter after weeks on the road and we just couldnt find a way to get it done.

Been tossing and turning if it would be better if we had a higher draft pick or the win. Still havent got much of an idea but think every win is better for the guys. We have got enough talent for the core of the side and we will still get more in this off season. Hoping we beat them by 100 points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jivlain,

Does the Suns competitiveness in 2013, 2014, end of 2016 and 2017 marry up when Gary Ablett was playing and not injured?
I'm going to be travelling this evening so I'm not going to have time to look into it, someone else feel free to investigate and share your findings.

Pick 7 without question.
It's been suggested that we'll have our first round pick switched with Hawthorn because we embarrassed them twice and the AFL needs a strong Hawthorn.

It's been suggested that we'll have our first round pick switched with Hawthorn because we embarrassed them twice and the AFL needs a strong Hawthorn.

After which they will generously grant us a PP directly after our new first round placement to make up for it.

You don’t, but the Suns are no sleeping bear,maybe a teddy.
Yeah well, the last time we played that "teddy" (at our home ground):
a) they beat us
b) this time we play them on their ground
c) For the year we have only won 4 games. (same as Suns) There is no reason for us to be over confident nor cocky about this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back