Preview Gold Coast Suns vs Brisbane Lions Saturday 27 April 2019 - 1.45 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curnow is a gun. McKay has been ok.

Mcstay hasnt been consistent but IMHO has shown plenty.
You didn't really answer anything tho with that post. McKay has been more than okay, i think he is the leading contested mark of the competition and has bags of 4 goals while also having a worse midfield give him the ball. McKay has shown much more than McStay. As l said before, l really want him to work as we have put so much time into him but he does need to show much much more.

You didn't really answer anything tho with that post. McKay has been more than okay, i think he is the leading contested mark of the competition and has bags of 4 goals while also having a worse midfield give him the ball. McKay has shown much more than McStay. As l said before, l really want him to work as we have put so much time into him but he does need to show much much more.
I agree he needs to show more. You hand picked out 2 players that have shown they are already going to be better then Mcstay. Why not a liam Jones or peter wright. Mcstay will never be a world beater. But if he can consistently start crashing packs and taking the opportunities that come up then he will be a solid contributor. No he hasnt done that. Yet.

I'm happy to revisit this in 2 years IF he is still on out list. OOC at end of year.

We should honestly be winning by about 10 goals, we're lacking confidence, but the ins/debut of Noah will have us up and about.

Gold Coast have won three games, the margins were; 3 (FRE), 5 (WBD) and 2 (CAR). They look to bring their opponents down to their level; which has obviously worked to an extent, but they've also been very lucky. If we bring our hard/attacking flare of the first few weeks, we win comfortably.

Is anyone else not excited for the Miller V Zorko battle?

I usually love sub-plots to games but this is one head to head that just annoys me. It is just petulant niggle, neither player plays the ball and both are usually fairly average on the day.

I dunno about others but I would be happy if it was a total non event TBH.

I usually love sub-plots to games but this is one head to head that just annoys me. It is just petulant niggle, neither player plays the ball and both are usually fairly average on the day.

This is one Q Clash that I won't mind Miller going to Zorko because it will leave the likes of Lachie Neale and Berry / McCluggage free to run rampant. If Miller does go to Zorko, I'd like to see Zorko played deep in our forward line and drag Miller out of the middle.

This is one Q Clash that I won't mind Miller going to Zorko because it will leave the likes of Lachie Neale and Berry / McCluggage free to run rampant. If Miller does go to Zorko, I'd like to see Zorko played deep in our forward line and drag Miller out of the middle.

I don't mind that idea, still think our mid-field needs grunt though, no zorko leaves us a bit thin.

I don't mind that idea, still think our mid-field needs grunt though, no zorko leaves us a bit thin.
Yeah, Zorko needs to learn how to break a tag. There is no point in running scared to the goal square.
It’s not like Touk will overly hurt us the other way, when he is paying more attention to Zorko than the ball.

Bowes v Neale more interesting to me. Bowes didn't tag Cripps, Fyfe or Bont exactly but he went head to head against them and did pretty well.

Bowes v Neale more interesting to me. Bowes didn't tag Cripps, Fyfe or Bont exactly but he went head to head against them and did pretty well.

He did the same thing vs Beams last year. While Beams was obviously the better player, Bowes was impressive.

Being super critical here consider our scoring over the past 5 years. His biggest 'bag' isnt the problem. It's his inconsistency in getting 2 goals a game.

He is what 24? He was pritty good in the first 3 rounds. We have been trash for along time too. I wonder how many Darling or Kennedy would of kicked had they have had the same midfield kicking to him.

Now not saying Mcstay is gonna make it. But I think as a KPF you need abit more then 6 years particularly with a developing midfield thats been bottom for so long.

Things I would like to see more of from Mcstay are.
1. Crashing packs/contested marks.
2. Taking his opportunities when they arrive.

Fixes these parts of his game and no one would complain.
I agree. If you exclude the period spent in defence he still has stacks of goal free games or games where he manages a single goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re Mckay he's been on fire the last two matches I've watched. Just takes grabs and can run ,no comparison to McStay whom I reckon seems overburdened with it all and should be in the backline.

We really need to win this if we're in any way to be contenders .Had a good break ,freshened up with a few players who'll be keen to impress .The break should do wonders for Stef ,Gardiner ,Zorks ,Lachie ,Mitch,Cam , Linc ,Hodgey.

It's put up or shut up time for us tomorrow . No excuses .

Great litmus test for umpires and umpiring philosophies, Miller's tactics. If he's spotted scragging or digging his elbow into Zork's kidneys or jumper punching... don't give countless warnings, penalise him.

Yeah not a huge fan of Zork's reactions but Miller really is a dirty sniper of a player.

Yeah not a huge fan of Zork's reactions but Miller really is a dirty sniper of a player.

The media have been incredibly lazy and one-sided in their reporting of the Zorko/Miller rivalry. It’s sexier to call out a star for being angry than a grub for being a grub.

The media have been incredibly lazy and one-sided in their reporting of the Zorko/Miller rivalry. It’s sexier to call out a star for being angry than a grub for being a grub.

We need one of our larger lads to have a quiet word in Miller's shell-like. Which is where Robertson might have come in handy but anyone else suitable will do.

I personally dislike watching GC games as they tend to be grindathons. They seem to drag us down to their level. Just me.

Small write up on Noah by blues fan DPS

Answerth missed out on being drafted last year after a freak injury early in the year, this year he proved why he was considered a smokey last year despite the injury, he captained Oakleigh Chargers to a grand final and he managed to play every game for Vic Metro and was a consistent player both there and in the TAC Cup. Blues here take a ready made player with leadership credentials and a fantastic work ethic.

Btw the pick we used on Noah was it ours or traded in?
We didn't take any of our original picks into the draft. We drafted Smith & Answerth with the 2018 picks we got from the Beams trade.

Apologies if someone else has mentioned this, I just haven't had the time to read every post in this thread.

I've been thinking the last couple of days how much an impact on our ability to not lock the ball in to our forward 50 is being impacted from play Cameron deep.

It feels to me that trying to play Cameron out of the goal square is negating much of his offensive and defensive game, and the cost benefit of such a tactic may not be worth it.

I'd rather see Rayner played isolated in the goal square where he can use his strength and leap (if it comes back) if we're going to play a smaller player in the goal square. Leave Cameron to roam the 50 arc or leading in to space on offence, and where he can also impact the game by harrying defenders trying to rebound the footy.

Apologies if someone else has mentioned this, I just haven't had the time to read every post in this thread.

I've been thinking the last couple of days how much an impact on our ability to not lock the ball in to our forward 50 is being impacted from play Cameron deep.

It feels to me that trying to play Cameron out of the goal square is negating much of his offensive and defensive game, and the cost benefit of such a tactic may not be worth it.

I'd rather see Rayner played isolated in the goal square where he can use his strength and leap (if it comes back) if we're going to play a smaller player in the goal square. Leave Cameron to roam the 50 arc or leading in to space on offence, and where he can also impact the game by harrying defenders trying to rebound the footy.
TBH I think our lack of ability has come from a severe lack of intent/want. Well maybe not severe but at least a big drop off from the first 3 rounds.

Against Collingwood I watch Cameron jog 10Ms behind the ball carrier for 20 ms before he put in any effort to chase hard. Had he decided to go hard from the get go he would of applied pressure causing turnover or tackled. Sorry for singling Cameron out it's just this moment stuck with me as he is the quickest on our list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back