Preview Gold Coast Suns vs Brisbane Lions Saturday 27 April 2019 - 1.45 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to this one, I hate Metricon as a venue, pain in the arse to get to from where I am ie. car > train > bus and then when you get there it's very difficult to get a seat where you're not looking directly into the sun.

I noticed it's broadcast on the main HD channel into Brisbane so I'll stay home and make a day of it, NEAFL on youtube in the morning then the Metricon Massacre.

Not going to this one, I hate Metricon as a venue, pain in the arse to get to from where I am ie. car > train > bus and then when you get there it's very difficult to get a seat where you're not looking directly into the sun.

I noticed it's broadcast on the main HD channel into Brisbane so I'll stay home and make a day of it, NEAFL on youtube in the morning then the Metricon Massacre.
Metricon Massacre. Sounds like a disaster for us.

Park in the car park in Boowaggan Road, an easy 5-6 min free bus ride to the ground, easy to get in and out of, and usually not much wait time for buses....

Fish on the latest Podcast-

Outs- Nick Robertson, Allen Christensen, Harris Andrews, Rhys Mathieson.

Ins- Sam Skinner, Tom Cutler, Noah Answerth, Lewy Taylor.

I always think that Fish has some inside info, he is around the club a lot, virtually every training session I have been to he's there chatting to players and coaches.

I always think that Fish has some inside info, he is around the club a lot, virtually every training session I have been to he's there chatting to players and coaches.
Not sure l would have Skinner in yet. But Cutler, Answerth and Taylor would definitly bring the speed in.

This made me go look up his height - club has him at 195cm! Taller than I thought, and that's genuine KP height. I thought he was about 191, in which case he'd be a midsized forward.

Interesting how ~4cm can change your thinking. For genuine KP height, he's quite good below his knees. When I thought he was undersized, I had him as decent but not outstanding below his knees, and considered him as third tall because he wouldn't be mid-capable at AFL level (even though he clearly is at NEAFL level).

Strange how things get set in your mind.
ha ha I did the same thing when I saw him in the midfield after a couple of times and thought he must be playing there so I'd check. From the side lines he doest seem big or tall, rather slight yet I guess that's where he gets his agility. The club has him listed as 88kgs but calls him a key forward. Then the great Jonathon Brown played a little mid field also at some centre bounces to protect the mid field when needed. Browny was 195 cm same as Toby but Browny was 103 kgs so Toby has a long way to go there. Its great they have the confidence to play him as a mid and it wasn't just when the game was already won. I know they move players all around in the NEAFL but I kinda saw him playing 3rd/4th tall forward with Skinner, Ballendene and Fulletron all there as well. I guess the larger the skill set he develops the better.

Don't mind these. Love the aggression Skinner brings. He's been played up forward recently, and if fish on the money, will be interesting to see how we set up. The 2 obvious interchangeables are Skinner and Mcstay, who have both spent times at either end of ground.

From what Josie said on the Roar Deal, it sounds like Lions away sections are on the North side of the ground, which I thought would be the good side to sit on during winter. The sun has moved more Northerly, so from mid day and through the afternoon is coming over your back and right shoulder. You shouldn't be looking in to the sun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone please confirm that we can get in for free using our lions membership cards? Thanks

I think I prefer Skinner as a defender. If he plays I hope he plays down back leaving McStay forward. We'll then try to free up Walker to intercept.

Yep Skinner has done nothing in the 2s.

After watching the highlights I'm keen for Basti to return. Not quick by foot bit a quick decision maker which compensates for it

He was particularly good on the inside. I wonder if Matho going down may be the opportunity for Basti to get more time on the inside which is what he built his game on when playing for the Roos.

Still think we need to find more pace and Cutler should come in, but could easily see:

Out: Matho, Andrews, Bundy, Robertson
In: Bastinac, Answorth, Ballenden, Cutler

Or alternatively we could look at a different option than Ballenden for the backline by going McStay as others have discussed and look at someone like Wooller up forward.

I think I prefer Skinner as a defender. If he plays I hope he plays down back leaving McStay forward. We'll then try to free up Walker to intercept.
Also from the joint presser Dew was saying that Sam Day could be considered so we would need the extra tall to look after Wright and Day.

He was particularly good on the inside. I wonder if Matho going down may be the opportunity for Basti to get more time on the inside which is what he built his game on when playing for the Roos.

Still think we need to find more pace and Cutler should come in, but could easily see:

Out: Matho, Andrews, Bundy, Robertson
In: Bastinac, Answorth, Ballenden, Cutler

Or alternatively we could look at a different option than Ballenden for the backline by going McStay as others have discussed and look at someone like Wooller up forward.

Looked like Ballenden played a bit forward last week from the highlights. Might be an option

Looked like Ballenden played a bit forward last week from the highlights. Might be an option

He was playing in defence for at least 2 and a bit quarters. He went forward and impacted too, which that in itself is impressive given he was able to swap positions on a whim.

He was playing in defence for at least 2 and a bit quarters. He went forward and impacted too, which that in itself is impressive given he was able to swap positions on a whim.
He came through our academy as a KPF and ruck, but at the under 18 champs was played as a KPD.

From what Josie said on the Roar Deal, it sounds like Lions away sections are on the North side of the ground, which I thought would be the good side to sit on during winter. The sun has moved more Northerly, so from mid day and through the afternoon is coming over your back and right shoulder. You shouldn't be looking in to the sun.
IIRC the North end of the ground is the one with only a few rows of seats and then standing room, I like a fair bit of elevation for my viewing pleasure, not a ground level sort of guy.

When I went a couple of years ago we all sat in Section 201

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back