Preview Gold Coast v Melbourne, Rd 10, Alice Springs

Remove this Banner Ad

If you pull the trigger on Rocket mid-season what would that acheive?

None of the assistants are fit to carry Rocket's bags let alone coach the team. Rocket is a professional and he won't crack the sads and leave the club mid-season even if he knows he isn't getting another contract
I don't think they should l said l wouldn't be surprised if Evans and Cochrane did.

Eade keeps crapping on about rewarding form at lower level yet McPherson absolutely dominates every week 30+ possessions and still doesn't get elevated. WTF is going on at this rabble of a club. It's unacceptable that McPherson has not been elevated yet Brooksby who is the worst AFL l have ever seen is.
I wouldn't be surprised if Evans and Cochrane move on Eade and some assistants soon.

I'm pretty sure Darcy can't be elevated because some genius upgraded Brooksby from the rookie list?
Would love to be wrong on this

I'm pretty sure Darcy can't be elevated because some genius upgraded Brooksby from the rookie list?
Would love to be wrong on this

You are both right

Jarrad Grant needs to fake a LTI for the good of the club

Is it because he is mates with GAJ and nobody is up to doing it.
Surely not.

I think you might have hit the nail on the head there

EDIT: Gazza seems to want to be everyone's mate and the only time he cracks it with teammates is when they don't feed it to him when he calls for it when he is clearly out of position. Hall has a similar trait

Because I can't be arsed starting a new thread I'll post my ins and outs for next week

Ins: Ablett Rosa Ah Chee Thompson McKenzie Lonergan Hallahan maybe Ainsworth
Outs: Brodie Fiorini Scheer Lemmens Kolodjashnij Martin Miller

Because I can't be arsed starting a new thread I'll post my ins and outs for next week

Ins: Ablett Rosa Ah Chee Thompson McKenzie Lonergan Hallahan maybe Ainsworth
Outs: Brodie Fiorini Scheer Lemmens Kolodjashnij Martin Miller
You can't possibly play the 'tissue paper twins' in the same team.
We will be 2 men down running through the f...ing banner.

Didn't think KK was that bad

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Too many players that are 'not bad', especially in the midfield.

Lyons and Barlow are OK players but no more than that.
Hall is OK but has serious negatives to wipe out the good.
Touk has been flat and below AFL standard for most of the year (but only 21 and in his 3rd season).
Jack Martin is not playing like a mid. Not sure what he is playing.
Sexton does not get enough touches.
Swallow is our best non-Gaz mid but a long way short of his best.
Hanley should not have played. Looked well well short of a gallop.
Scheer and Brodie are 18. Fiorini is 19.

Looking at that list and how they are playing, how did we get 30 points up?

Coaching a factor in the periods of futility? Has to be.

But the players are a big part of the problem. As one of the commentators said, how about a player or two standing up and doing something inspirational when the Demons got on a run?

Someone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Take a mark. Lay a tackle (Brodie and Swallow with 5 tackles, Lemmens with 4. They were our best 3. Our best 3 tacklers. In a full game. FFS.)
Do something!!!!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched the first half and thought we looked ok, had friends over for dinner so missed the2nd half. Sounds like I saved myself some angst and you lot from having to read my usual spray when we under perform.

I am rusted on and not going anywhere but our club is the laughing stock of the AFL and with good reason.

If Rocket has lost the confidence of the change room then he simply has to go even if the Assistants are a bunch of nuffies and nobody is ready or up for it.
The way they turn into witches hats as soon as the pressure is on suggests to me that they haven't bought in to Rocket.
We need tinkering with the game plan too we are one trick ponies.
Dean Solomon was a take no prisoners type of footballer, maybe he could fill the breach for the rest of the season and at least maybe galvanise these blokes into nailing their tackles, scrapping for the hard ball gets and get some mongrel into them.
To keep Steven May I reckon he will need some convincing that a change of leadership is afoot and not more of the same.

We have a promising list but one that in seven years has consistently shown -
We don't normally like the opening game of the season;
We don't like away games;
We don't like showcase games;
We don't like milestone games;
We don't like being favourites in games;
We don't usually like games in the wet;
We don't like games in the cold;
We don't like games without Gaz;
We don't like games against Adelaide; West Coast and Sydney;
We don't like games where other sides put pressure on us; and
We don't normally play well in the final game of the season.

Think that covers us in a nutshell.

Eade keeps crapping on about rewarding form at lower level yet McPherson absolutely dominates every week 30+ possessions and still doesn't get elevated. WTF is going on at this rabble of a club. It's unacceptable that McPherson has not been elevated yet Brooksby who is the worst AFL l have ever seen is.
I wouldn't be surprised if Evans and Cochrane move on Eade and some assistants soon.
Totally agree with Everything you said..brilliant

Gold.

POTY candidate

Nearly every game people are calling for his head. I think he's done well improving the culture but Suns need a different coach to take this team to the next level on the field. To have a 65 point turnaround is absolutely shameful

On ZTE T84 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have finally come around to this thinking. I love our new and improved culture that Rocket has implemented, but now I want a battle hardened team that doesn't roll over.

Psychologically we are marshmallows.

If that means replacing some coaches including Rocket, let's bite the bullet.

We must keep taking forward steps until the right mix of coaches & players is found.

I have finally come around to this thinking. I love our new and improved culture that Rocket has implemented, but now I want a battle hardened team that doesn't roll over.

Psychologically we are marshmallows.

If that means replacing some coaches including Rocket, let's bite the bullet.

We must keep taking forward steps until the right mix of coaches & players is found.

I agree and I would rather be late to the party on this than going early on calling for the change. There just isn't many other options besides changing the coach to change the message, expectations and tactics.

You can't just turn the list over in 1 year so you need to get more from the players you have.

Prefer a Luke Beveridge type to a Clarko type

Remove this Banner Ad

Back