Gold Coast v Tasmania Are we missing something with AFLW?

Remove this Banner Ad

Let’s just ignore that AFLW is a failure of football in general. Season 4 and the skill level is worse than you’d see on the field for under 12’s
Is there some ******* competition about who can come up with the worst hyperbole?
Why dont you go Auskickers, that seems to be the gold standard.

They're worse than auskickers, they're worse than Chinese 4 year olds that have never seen a football. I have a pet rock thats better at football than AFLW players. Go on, go with your gut and put some ******* effort into it if you want to go this route.

Worse than 12 year olds, lets ignore lots of them actually played in boys under 12s as 11 year olds, and frequently dominated. They tried to kick Roxy Roux from the boys in Geraldton, not because they were worried she would get hurt, but because she was tearing all the other teams apart. An Adelaide football commentator who saw her play has said Erin Phillips was the best 14 year old footballer he had ever seen of either gender. Daisy Pearce was league leading goal kicker in a boys league, there have been girls win team and league best and fairest in boys right through 10s, 11s and 12s

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/v...d/news-story/533ac499dbd94927057460e037022e33

Bet she cannot wait to grow up and be an AFLW player so she can be told how s**t she is,and how she isnt as good as a 12 year old.

Give me one quote.

Just one tiny weeny itsy bitsy little quote from just one AFLW footballer.

Because I see outside commentators coming at it from an angle of feminism, and guys like you. The only people that ever mention it. Laughable.

Think I am wrong - just 1 quote.
If you’ve not read the dozens or articles and comments by players like McDonald, Vescio and hope then it’s not my job to educate you. The patently ridiculous Pathway to Pay equality of the most woke and hilarious ideas I’ve ever seen.

If you were truly honest with yourself you’d admit they AFLW players are lucky to be paid at all for the level of crap they dish out week to week.

In the real world of sport their income is directly related to marketability and revenue they generate.

Is there some ******* competition about who can come up with the worst hyperbole?
Why dont you go Auskickers, that seems to be the gold standard.

They're worse than auskickers, they're worse than Chinese 4 year olds that have never seen a football. I have a pet rock thats better at football than AFLW players. Go on, go with your gut and put some ******* effort into it if you want to go this route.

Worse than 12 year olds, lets ignore lots of them actually played in boys under 12s as 11 year olds, and frequently dominated. They tried to kick Roxy Roux from the boys in Geraldton, not because they were worried she would get hurt, but because she was tearing all the other teams apart. An Adelaide football commentator who saw her play has said Erin Phillips was the best 14 year old footballer he had ever seen of either gender. Daisy Pearce was league leading goal kicker in a boys league, there have been girls win team and league best and fairest in boys right through 10s, 11s and 12s

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/v...d/news-story/533ac499dbd94927057460e037022e33

Bet she cannot wait to grow up and be an AFLW player so she can be told how s**t she is,and how she isnt as good as a 12 year old.
Nice hyperbole but let’s ignore the reality lol. Watch a game and tell me that 90% of the game time isn’t spent with fumble, s**t kick, crap handball, fumble, dropped mark, shanked kick and repeat over and over again.

let’s have an “elite” competition than brings in netballers or players from other sports than patently have no idea what they’re doing on the field and then demand equality.

let’s have an “elite” competition

Yes and if you don't like it don't watch it, but don't go on about it.
Lot's of people see it differently to you, in fact, AFLW is the most watch women's football league.
I have never found anything remotely interesting about soccer but enough people see something in it,
so enjoy what you enjoy and stop worrying about what other people enjoy.

Yes and if you don't like it don't watch it, but don't go on about it.
Lot's of people see it differently to you, in fact, AFLW is the most watch women's football league.
I have never found anything remotely interesting about soccer but enough people see something in it,
so enjoy what you enjoy and stop worrying about what other people enjoy.
lol okay so opposite opinions are bad, that’s good to know.

good to see that AFLW supporters have the thinnest skin and divergent opinions aren’t allowed

lol okay so opposite opinions are bad, that’s good to know.

good to see that AFLW supporters have the thinnest skin and divergent opinions aren’t allowed

It’s be like if an A-League fan continued going on AFL pages bagging the sport.

It’s pathetic really.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s be like if an A-League fan continued going on AFL pages bagging the sport.

It’s pathetic really.

Thanks for your well considered opinion laughable comparison.

AFLW is terrible to watch and let’s see how popular it is when tickets actually have a cost attached to them. Then you’ll see just how few people care about this so called “elite” comp.

Thanks for your well considered opinion laughable comparison.

AFLW is terrible to watch and let’s see how popular it is when tickets actually have a cost attached to them. Then you’ll see just how few people care about this so called “elite” comp.

Thanks for proving my point.

7,100 crowd on the GC vs 2,100 in Hobart...
I was in attendance and reckon 2100 was highly creative, half it and you might be close

I would be shocked if the Hobart game in a fewweeks doesn’t do significantly better (4-8k actual attendees) only Risk is that it is a long weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one showed to the Tasmanian game. AFL heartland apparently.
more than 7,000 showed to AFLW game on the Gold Coast.

Delete the thread.

Huge AFL follower though dumbfounded by the AFL's stupidity (won't even start on that one here). Gold Coast remains a failure in AFL.
AFLW struggles to field competitive teams yet there's a rush to add teams (lowering the standard).
Looking at the 23 people at the Gold Coast-GWS game, did the AFL miss the boat with an opportunity to enter a Tasmanian team
rather than Gold Coast or in fact any other addition this year?
Judging from this weekend's crowds, that is an emphatic No.

A historic day for WA football, the undefeated Dockers trounced the Eagles 9.6 (60) to 2.3 (15) in front of 35,185 fans.
Historic was the reason many footy fans went to the game. There will be fewer and fewer at WCE games because nobody wants to keep going to games where their team gets thrashed each week and put up no opposition.

Last edited:
posters on our board said about 500 of the 7000+ stayed on.

So 6500 there purely for the AFLW, 500 there for both!

Maybe the men’s competition should be dropped, with such poor support.

Seriously though, the AFLW games are getting better as more skilful football players are being drafted and the cross code athletes get experience. With good positive coaching, the AFLW is becoming a very good product.

Historic was the reason many footy fans went to the game. There will be fewer at fewer WCE games because nobody wants to keep going to games where their team gets thrashed each week and put up no opposition.

West Coast fans have always been front runners. However, I reckon there will be a positive core supporter group which will fill their home ground at Lathlain at least. For the younger fans, AFLW might be the only way they get to see their club play.

West Coast fans have always been front runners. However, I reckon there will be a positive core supporter group which will fill their home ground at Lathlain at least. For the younger fans, AFLW might be the only way they get to see their club play.

You're correct. A very large contingent of young people. Families taking advantage of the low cost entry and plenty of activities to amuse the kids.
The rest were people who wanted a little football action, early in the year.
It does amaze me that more people don't go to the WAFL and get the same benefits.

If two people want to have a conversation (make derogatory comments to each other), then why don't they use the PM option. It's even been improved where you can have a group chat and have a lovely time without getting bitten by a snake.
I don't want to read your snide remarks, I have them told to me by my wife.

poor crowd, but i think this half arsed north/tassie team is never going to really win over the locals is it?

great crowd for the suns though

poor crowd, but i think this half arsed north/tassie team is never going to really win over the locals is it?

I'd say "half-hearted" attempt by the AFL is more accurate.
Though Tasmanians have a right not to get excited imagine if 20k had rocked up
demanding at least Tasmanian naming and colours.
Not turning up just gives the AFL more excuses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back