Gold Coast Vs Coburg (Karmichael Hunt Debut) Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

anyone got any stats for hunt?

and another question i find important is; did he have to work for his goals?

was gifted the second goal instantly after he kicked the first from mcmahon pushing him in the back in the goal square after he kicked it. has done nothing since

Carmichael Hunt looks useless. Jogs around confused and then when he tries to do something it's he gives away a free kick.

Some good young kids though. Some of them look like they'd be playing AFL footy this year if on a list.

was gifted the second goal instantly after he kicked the first from mcmahon pushing him in the back in the goal square after he kicked it. has done nothing since

In all honesty, he didnt even earn the first one. He got a cheap handball over the top and ran into an open goal.

He is a massive unit with no tank! Biggest thighs i've ever seen! :p

When he went to play Rugby Union in France, he was told to put on weight. he has only been back a few weeks. He has already admitted he has a lot of weight to lose, and fitness will come with that.

He is a remarkable athlete. To be an icon of Broncos and State of Origin and play International Rugby in France, and then come to our game. Awesome talent.

I bet a few on here would love to achieve a tiny amount of what he has.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anyone got any stats for hunt?

and another question i find important is; did he have to work for his goals?

well lets put it this way, he didnt and probably still doesnt know what the second was for

he was confused

i played rugby all my junior days till i left school and my first matches i played at uni i ran around like a muppet and didnt get to much of the ball.

personally, i consider myself a precedent for the man of the moment!

it's his first game and he'll get used to it. it's really hard coming from rugby where you are always in the play and then playing afl where you might have the ball from about 4 minutes in a whole match if you're lucky.

on a side note, i feel the afl would be very happy today.

eg. i am in NSW on the couch not doing my work, watching coburg v gold coast online, commenting on big footy and watching the hawks v crows game.

i assure i am not the only one with a bit of aussie rules saturation today in the northern states and i believe that would be warming news for the fat cats at afl house.

He is a remarkable athlete. To be an icon of Broncos and State of Origin and play International Rugby in France, and then come to our game. Awesome talent.

No s**t. Considering we're all just about AFL fans I'm sure we would've loved to get an AFL contract without having ever shown AFL form before. Would be fantastic, however we'd actually know more about the game/rules/reading the play and well just about everything else because we would be in it for the love of the game and not the money.;)

Gee my original post was correct, already up to 150 posts and PLENTY of armchair critics showing their true colours by providing excessive and unnecessary criticism..... do people actually realise he has never played at this level before? Or really played at all? The way some people carry on they should be winning brownlow medals..... pathetic

Things to get used to - you do not realise how much courage it takes to put your head over the footy until you watch someone for whom it is not instinctual

The mark and handball up in the first quarter was sublime though. When he learns the game he should be better

Funny though that to every one who has grown up with AFL he looks 'soft' floating off packs waiting for the ball to come to him

I'd rather Hunt than Jordan McMahon. People are being a bit critical

When he went to play Rugby Union in France, he was told to put on weight. he has only been back a few weeks. He has already admitted he has a lot of weight to lose, and fitness will come with that.

This is where the problem lies, it's a complete gimmick for the bloke. If he was serious about making it in the AFL he wouldn't have ****ed off for 6 months to earn cash and boost his ego by being able to say he is the first guy to play 3 codes in 'x' amount of time.

I've got no problem with rugby league converts that are serious about making the switch. But it's blatantly obvious this is just another notch on his belt, another achievement he wants to put up on that circle jerk website he has.

He is on over a million dollars a year, he is already getting a free ride without supporters sympathising with his situation. We aren't talking about harshly judging a 18 year old kid in his first year of footy, we are criticising a 22 year old bloke on 50k a game who seems ridiculously out of shape and well below standard.
He blew up about 5 minutes into the first quarter, for a guy that has played an elite level of sport for the last 4 years, it's pretty poor.

Gee my original post was correct, already up to 150 posts and PLENTY of armchair critics showing their true colours by providing excessive and unnecessary criticism..... do people actually realise he has never played at this level before? Or really played at all? The way some people carry on they should be winning brownlow medals..... pathetic

not everyones critiquing him, good to see some interest in the VFL in general

who we should be having a go at is jordan mcmahon:eek: my god

Remove this Banner Ad

Back