Gold Coast Vs Coburg (Karmichael Hunt Debut) Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee my original post was correct, already up to 150 posts and PLENTY of armchair critics showing their true colours by providing excessive and unnecessary criticism..... do people actually realise he has never played at this level before? Or really played at all? The way some people carry on they should be winning brownlow medals..... pathetic
So why is he playing footy? The guy is clearly out of his depth and we're just relaying that.

He has an absolute shitload of improvement if he is to be anything close to a good player in the AFL and the big issue is that he's not some fresh draftee that has been learning the game for 18 years, this is his first game of footy for near 10 years and his first at any sort of competitive level EVER. He has a LONG way to go. Is he really supposed to get a free run because he's come from another sport? I'm sorry, but if we can criticise someone like McMahon or whoever, then Hunt is well in the realms of criticism.

These are facts, it's nothing more than that. If a guy is changing codes for that much dosh then he deserves criticism and the utmost scrutiny when not even our best AFL players are earning what he is.

Havent read the thread but I can take a good guess at the tone of it.....

Pretty simply put, he learns to know how to play the game - where to run, how to play body on body, how to avoid giving away frees, etc etc etc. Its his first game, way too early to call.

The only critisicm I'd make is that he should not have been permitted to go to France. He doesnt have the time to be ready for Round one next year. His first game should have been in February, not June.

Gee my original post was correct, already up to 150 posts and PLENTY of armchair critics showing their true colours by providing excessive and unnecessary criticism..... do people actually realise he has never played at this level before? Or really played at all? The way some people carry on they should be winning brownlow medals..... pathetic

spot on. a lot of envious people here, who seem to feel he is not worthy of getting gifted an afl contract, as they see it.

no mention of his ability in other elite sports. How has has represented our country. How he played junior afl. How he has most of a season to improve.

no mention the absolute marketing bonanza having him onboard is giving the game. Hows its the state of origon this week, and Qld could make history by being 5 series winners.

Yet we are all talking AFL, including the mledia in Qld and NSW.

just jealous people..

spot on. a lot of envious people here, who seem to feel he is not worthy of getting gifted an afl contract, as they see it.

no mention of his ability in other elite sports. How has has represented our country. How he played junior afl. How he has most of a season to improve.
If he's a marketing vehicle then why does it matter if he's being criticised for being a crap player with 0 engine? Good on him for being a star in other forms of sport, but what in holy hell does that have to do with AFL and how he's playing in this sport?:confused:

If he was such a star at NRL and Rugby Union then he should've stuck to the sport that he was good at. He is playing AFL and deserves criticism if he is not up to the standard. What can you not comprehend in this?
Ahh dimmies were good- picked them up at South melb. market this morning.
Best Dim Sims EVER!:thumbsu::thumbsu:

man there are some bitter people on here hahaha

what is the point of criticizing someone who is playing their first game??

it's like laughing at a millionare falling off a bike after their first go....

actually thats a pretty funny picture :eek:

He's never played a game before and is playing against guys who have been playing at a high level all of their life... give the guy a break he's finding his feet and is still learning the game. people who expect him to come out and be a superstar are high on something... he's good for the game, this thread and everyone talking about it just proves the point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, and while you're at it, tell Jim Stynes and Tagh Keneally to go back to where they came from!!!!!
Because coming from a game that is all but the same to ours is so much the same to Hunt?:confused:

Relton Roberts looks like a big, dark, cuddly teddy bear.

I didn't enjoy the shot of the trainers kneading Harmichael's massive thighs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back