Preview Gold Coast vs Essendon, Carrara, Saturday 14/07/18 @ 7:25 PM

Who will have more handballs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a particularly good one. Not sure what it means but it is a good word.
someone who has a punchable face. Have you been to Germany? you'd understand why they need a word for that.

Looks like Fantasia was playing midfield, Long then took that spot last week, before ceding it to Parish who played well coming off injury and is now ahead of Long.

Meanwhile Stringer was playing more forward now he's injured and Fantasia comes back in to take his spot in the forward line, which should involve less running than the midfield and enable him to nurse his injury a little better.

edit: And Dea for Ambrose. But that part is kinda obvious.

Watching grown men have hissy fits every single Thursday evening, over a situation they have absolutely no control over and virtually no insight into is... I’m not sure what the word in English is, but it’s the online equivalent of backpfeifengesicht.

I have doubts

Injured early and played through it I think. There's something in the medical report about someone having a bit of bleeding near the injury site because he played through it or something, I think that was him.
I mean over a few weeks.

Good question. Not something I'd noticed, thought his form was decent. But yeah.
Yeah, i figured that he might have been playing with a niggle in his calf for three or four weeks (don't take it as gospel). I just can't remember which we week he sustained it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will clue you into something that will not help how you feel about selection.
I know at the start of last season all the players where told there was an order for each spot and even if you are playing well in the VFL you may not get into the side unless those above you in the order for that spot are out.
It would seem the pecking order is still in vogue . Long has passed Green but is still behind Fantaisia and Colyer .........

That doesn't seem very professional to me.

Don't know what's going on at essendon
our season is pretty much over yet we are not putting games into clarke, mutch etc etc

What is the club hoping for? we scrape into the 8 only to play port or the eagles or sydney first up and lose by 10 goals?

Same s**t different year for essendon.

our season is pretty much over yet we are not putting games into clarke, mutch etc etc

What is the club hoping for? we scrape into the 8 only to play port or the eagles or sydney first up and lose by 10 goals?

Well like Crows we are still a chance. If we do somehow sneak into the eight it will mean that we would have finished the season something like 11-3. That’s pretty good form going into finals don’t you think?

As long as there is scope to change ratings based on form it has some merit don't you think?

That's the point. They're clearly stuck on ratings formed in the pre-season for 2017.

How long is it reasonable to wait?

Not to mention that a hierarchy for all but 10 players is an incredibly big risk when dealing with our pack of world beaters.

I think I enjoyed football more when I had no idea what was going on. The reality is depressing.

Yeah, i figured that he might have been playing with a niggle in his calf for three or four weeks (don't take it as gospel). I just can't remember which we week he sustained it.

The West Coast game.

That's the point. They're clearly stuck on ratings formed in the pre-season for 2017.

How long is it reasonable to wait?

Not to mention that a hierarchy for all but 10 players is an incredibly big risk when dealing with our pack of world beaters.

I think I enjoyed football more when I had no idea what was going on. The reality is depressing.
Stringer, Saad, Smith and Guelfi were not around in 2017. Hooker was forward and Joe was fit.

i think some assumptions are being made based on subjective interpretations of team selection. Hopefully you can start enjoying your footy because despite our current position, there are plenty of positives to go with the negatives.

i still think we can make the eight and if we get there, do some damage.

I think Woosha has a bonus tied to a minimum number of wins, so still trying to squeeze out a few before end of season, hence playing the old-stagers even now

This is a game we should be able to make up some percentage.

Unfortunately, we don't work like that though, so either a loss, or we let them make up a lot of ground late and manage to just hold on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back