Preview Gold Coast vs Essendon, Carrara, Saturday 19/08/17 @ 7:25 PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green, Begley, Walla, Laverde, hell even chuck in Myers. Not exactly in tip top aerobic shape for various reasons.

And like it or lump it, Colyer is a genuinely elite runner

Yeah ok but Colyer has also been elite at turning it over the very few times he gets it.

Watson running on the spot from first qtr and howlett has not been playing well either.

Except he barely busts a gut in the first quarter let alone the last. When he starts doing this again and learns to actually kick the ball to his teammates on a regular basis, then he can come back.

I agree, I'm just preempting what I see as the inevitable.

Begley hasn't put together a 4 quarter performance to date (despite looking seriously good in patches and halves). Laverde is still getting his legs underneath him, Walla has had days where he just looks sore and sorry and Green has always had his struggles getting up and back.

Wait.

Kelly??

Actually ignore me. For some reason thought he didn't play last week.
yeah - it's an odd feeling to not be outraged at something after the team changes have been announced.

I agree, I'm just preempting what I see as the inevitable.

Begley hasn't put together a 4 quarter performance to date (despite looking seriously good in patches and halves). Laverde is still getting his legs underneath him, Walla has had days where he just looks sore and sorry and Green has always had his struggles getting up and back.

I kind of agree with that however - that's still no reason to play Colyer after his last game. No player on our list that wasn't a genuine top 10 player for us could play that badly and keep his spot. Plus maybe the team won't get as tired without 'fumbles' Colyer messing up all our forward movements. I also don't think any of those players you've named are really unfit - they just aren't known for their endurance.
Keeping in mind we've also dropped Watson who is legit the worst runner of any of our midfielders, particularly defensively.

I'm curious to see if Daniher can perform better against May who has had a good record against him and is a really physical player.
The main danger man is Hall in their line up and really in this situation we should be tagging him but I doubt they will. In any case win the midfield battle and I don't think they are much of a chance at all. In their forward line the most dangerous person is Jack Martin. I have seen Callum Ah Chee play some pretty good games too and he is pretty talented in the air. I would probably send Ambrose to Martin and Gleeson to Ah Chee with Hartley to play on Wright.

Ultimately though this is not a game about matchups - if we bring good intensity and workrate we will beat their depleted line up. The team know that this is truly the last chance saloon for us so I think we will.

Reasonable assumptions.

What is interesting is Francis isn't named there either (unless I'm blind), which is either in preparation for next week (definitely in) or he's out for some other reason (probably no chance next week).
They have been systematically AFL listed players at vfl level all year. might just be francis' turn.

I like those going with 6 or 7 changes and in the same breath saying we're too conservative.

Yes, the conservative selection panel will make 6 or 7 changes. Riiight
Is this an egg on face moment? I think it's an egg on face moment

Wasn't at all confident before but these changes make me feel much more at ease.
Massive game for Stewart, I'm calling it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't at all confident before but these changes make me feel much more at ease.
Massive game for Stewart, I'm calling it!
Hurley out makes you more at ease?

They have been systematically AFL listed players at vfl level all year. might just be francis' turn.
It still has repercussions on the AFL selections though. AFL selections > rotations in the VFL. They definitely said that we should see him before the end of the year, although that might have changed ('they' being Mark Harvey at the very least, I thought I heard it somewhere else as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back