Who will score more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarke and McNiece in.

scooby.gif

The only way I can see GC beating us is if they dominate aerially in their forward line with Day, King, Lukosius and Wright. So that’s why it’s strange that we would omit Hartley and play our smallest backline of the year imo. Francis and Ambrose are giving up nearly 10cms to Wright/King/Day

Ridley is spending time developing his game as a mid/wing in the VFL. They obviously see greater things for him, especially seeing as we have multiple HB-type options on our list. I’m not convinced with the McNeice selection but he seems to be purely a structural selection.
Problem I have, presuming what you've said is what the go is, is that Ridley is surely part of our future where McNeice isn't. Even if we had selected him to play off HB, there would have been opportunities in a game like this one against GC to allow him to push up to the wing or rotate through the middle with McGrath. There would have been no harm in it.

The only way I can see GC beating us is if they dominate aerially in their forward line with Day, King, Lukosius and Wright. So that’s why it’s strange that we would omit Hartley and play our smallest backline of the year imo. Francis and Ambrose are giving up nearly 10cms to Wright/King/Day
Midfield pressure will need to be huge. Hope they realise that.

With Laverde back and McKernan to spend more time forward, I’m assuming Hooker plays back to help.

Considering this list:
Fantasia
Heppell
McKenna
Bellchambers
Smith
Daniher
Hurley
We just need to focus on getting the W. This match has all the hallmarks of a classic Essington let down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The boys having a run on Metricon.

McGrath, Marty and Z. Clarke training separately from the main bunch doing handball/short kicking drills. All 3 joined in for match sim.

Hooker not doing much, taking it relatively easy, more of a spectator.

Stringer went to get calf strapped before training started, appears to have a slight limp and just plodding.

Why has Hartley been dropped for McNeice?
Especially with Hurley out and Hooker playing sore if would have been handy to have Hartley in the team.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
He hasnt.

He has been dropped for Clarke
This makes McKernan go back forward, and Hooker goes back to defence and Hartley is out.
McNeice is a like for like replacement for McKenna.
Langford plays midfield to cover Heppell and Laverde takes his spot forward.

They have picked personnel to fit a structure that has produced 4 wins in 5 weeks, so I am happy with them personally.

McGrath, Marty and Z. Clarke training separately from the main bunch doing handball/short kicking drills. All 3 joined in for match sim.

Stringer went to get calf strapped before training started, appears to have a slight limp and just plodding.
View attachment 716164

Stringer a late out? Yeah just our luck ffs

View attachment 716164
How does our ball movement look in match sim? Do we look sharp?

How does our ball movement look in match sim? Do we look sharp?
Looked ok, uneven numbers though so offense out numbered defence so it was always going to look good.

Hope they learnt from their shots at goal from the end not protected by the stands. Most players missing with the ball drifting right of the goals, only a slight breeze as well.

When exactly was the last time Essendon achieved a percentage booster when they were hoping to?

I'm struggling to come up with a single example

Yes, exactly. This is what I am worried about. Fingers crossed for a percentage booster though!

When exactly was the last time Essendon achieved a percentage booster when they were hoping to?

I'm struggling to come up with a single example

Only 3 this decade spring to mind...

Round 6 2011 - Essendon 31.11.197 defeated Gold Coast 8.10.58 (Etihad)
Round 14 2012 - Essendon 21.14.140 defeated Western Bulldogs 8.8.56 (Etihad)
Round 2 2013 - Essendon 28.16.184 defeated Melbourne 5.6.36 (MCG)

Really cannot think of any other examples. We have had some "big" wins since but these have generally been unexpected and against mid-table or higher opponents.

Six years a long time between drinks. Not convinced at all that drought will end tomorrow either.

Only 3 this decade spring to mind...

Round 6 2011 - Essendon 31.11.197 defeated Gold Coast 8.10.58 (Etihad)
Round 14 2012 - Essendon 21.14.140 defeated Western Bulldogs 8.8.56 (Etihad)
Round 2 2013 - Essendon 28.16.184 defeated Melbourne 5.6.36 (MCG)

Really cannot think of any other examples. We have had some "big" wins since but these have generally been unexpected and against mid-table or higher opponents.

Six years a long time between drinks. Not convinced at all that drought will end tomorrow either.
I'd say those are the only 3 as well. We've had plenty of big wins, but not against bottom sides.

I'd say those are the only 3 as well. We've had plenty of big wins, but not against bottom sides.
And even they were all early year, nothing outside the first quarter of the season. I'm talking about late season games where we want to consolidate with a percentage booster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back