Club Focus Gold Coast 2020 - Atkins, Markov, Hollands

AFL Club Focus

Do they still need the pick 19 priority pick in 2021?

• Yes

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • No

Votes: 37 84.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Gold Coast club focus thread
King averaged 7.1 Disposals in his 17 Games.
Budarick averaged 9.2 Disposals in his 15 Games.

The top ten probably without looking played more games and had more influence, their time will come.

I thought both were great. Better than say Ellis who despite getting decent numbers (18 a game) he only played 16 himself, wouldn't have been top 7-8 players most games. Depends on their voting model I guess.

Massive haul by GC this year. Want AFL to cut the concessions now and treat them like every other club or it will start getting ridiculous.
Even a change to their instant signing of academy kids would be something otherwise they'll end up with a 50+ side of a graders and barely have to pay them due to rookie rules.

Massive haul by GC this year. Want AFL to cut the concessions now and treat them like every other club or it will start getting ridiculous.
Even a change to their instant signing of academy kids would be something otherwise they'll end up with a 50+ side of a graders and barely have to pay them due to rookie rules.
I hope we don’t end up like the giants. All these young kids and can’t sign them all..

I hope we don’t end up like the giants. All these young kids and can’t sign them all..
Its going to happen, especially when they start to dominate the league.
AFL will probably come up with some rule where you only have to pay 1/5 of their contracts to keep the side together.

[
Its going to happen, especially when they start to dominate the league.
AFL will probably come up with some rule where you only have to pay 1/5 of their contracts to keep the side together.
I really hope so , anything given for free i take it , regardless of what opposition opinion , take it and then worry about it later.

Last edited:
I thought both were great. Better than say Ellis who despite getting decent numbers (18 a game) he only played 16 himself, wouldn't have been top 7-8 players most games. Depends on their voting model I guess.
Ellis would have finished relatively high in our board medal.
We have literally no outside runners, hence the Rory Atkins pickup.
Ellis was quite valuable in that role. Can see his worth more when at the games live.

think our best and fairest is more favourable to consistency than one off big games. Ainsworth and Ballard the clear next best 2 for me.

A lot has been made about GC's list size but I think a fair few will depart next year looking at the contract list above. Harbrow most likely retires, and can see Smith, Lemmens, Hombsch, Townsend, plus a few more cuts. There will also most likely be one of their youngsters requesting a move home (possibly Sharp or Flanders). I think there will be around 10 list changes and they'll do something similar to what they did this year. Pre-list a few GC academy boys, make 1 or 2 draft picks, and try and trade for an experienced best 22 player or depth.

A lot has been made about GC's list size but I think a fair few will depart next year looking at the contract list above. Harbrow most likely retires, and can see Smith, Lemmens, Hombsch, Townsend, plus a few more cuts. There will also most likely be one of their youngsters requesting a move home (possibly Sharp or Flanders). I think there will be around 10 list changes and they'll do something similar to what they did this year. Pre-list a few GC academy boys, make 1 or 2 draft picks, and try and trade for an experienced best 22 player or depth.
Can't pre list next year, already stated on trade radio.
Burgess and Holman more likely to demoted to rookie list , or other club willing to pick them out GCS don't need to paid their 2022 contract .;)

Last edited:
Back