• Yep, GTFO

Votes: 129 63.9%
  • Nah, gun. Keep him in.

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • Send him to the SANFL to find form

Votes: 61 30.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This Walsh thing keeps coming up. He wasn't a Blight style slash and burn. But he made it clear after the Brisbane win that it wasn't good enough and that players were going to be making way and he was going to improve the team by bringing in players from the 2's. Unlike Campo, I doubt he would have been bringing back players that had been proven to have failed him.

Ask yourself this, why did Campo not make a strategic sub decision on Friday as he had the week before. Couldn't get Rat off quick enough for Dmac but then despite being being absolutely putrid against Hawthorn, reverted back to the old final quarter swap. Campo belatedly bowed to the obvious decision that needed to be made, but he couldn't get them back in quick enough. Nothing will change if he and Noble hold significant roles in our footy dept. They exude comfortableness with averageness.
Unfortunately, we will never know just what Walsh would have done, but you can't say with any certainty that he would have dropped MacKay, never for him to return to the team. In fact, following the Brisbane game, the extended bench named on the Thursday before the abandoned Geelong game had only VB named on it. Both MacKay and Wright were still named in the starting 18. He may well have subsequently dropped them but it wasn't going to be after the Brisbane game. Again, credit to Campo who did drop all 3 whipping boys at some stage.

And can you really get upset over Campo using the sub in the same way as every single coach has done in most games? He did the right thing pulling Atkins in the Bulldogs match when the game was still to be won. Sure, he could have done the same against the Hawks but the game was dead. The use of the sub was utterly superfluous.

Unfortunately, we will never know just what Walsh would have done, but you can't say with any certainty that he would have dropped MacKay, never for him to return to the team. In fact, following the Brisbane game, the extended bench named on the Thursday before the abandoned Geelong game had only VB named on it. Both MacKay and Wright were still named in the starting 18. He may well have subsequently dropped them but it wasn't going to be after the Brisbane game. Again, credit to Campo who did drop all 3 whipping boys at some stage.

And can you really get upset over Campo using the sub in the same way as every single coach has done in most games? He did the right thing pulling Atkins in the Bulldogs match when the game was still to be won. Sure, he could have done the same against the Hawks but the game was dead. The use of the sub was utterly superfluous.

No we won't know, but I'm comfortable with my opinion. The sub comment was about Campo's mindset in getting Dmac in. He had 6 touches and was very ordinary the week before but was promoted. Should have been subbed at quarter time while we still had one thread we were hanging on by. Why even bother once the game is dead.

No we won't know, but I'm comfortable with my opinion. The sub comment was about Campo's mindset in getting Dmac in. He had 6 touches and was very ordinary the week before but was promoted. Should have been subbed at quarter time while we still had one thread we were hanging on by. Why even bother once the game is dead.
Can't sub a quarter time as too risky if het an injury.

We took a risk & subbed in mackay at half time last week as Atkins was struggling.

Reality is that MacKay should have been sub at best not in the starting team, but the positive is it has probably made the decision up for the coaches for 2016...

We took a risk & subbed in mackay at half time last week as Atkins was struggling.

Reality is that MacKay should have been sub at best not in the starting team, but the positive is it has probably made the decision up for the coaches for 2016...

Yup... starting 18!!!

Yup... starting 18!!!
GIF-gulp-hold-breath-holding-breath-jello-jurassic-park-nervous-scared-GIF.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dmac was worse than Rat, so should gave taken the risk and subbed him around half time. It's impossible to reconcile the different treatments. And that's because there's no valid reason for it except mis-placed belief in his ability.

Dmac was worse than Rat, so should gave taken the risk and subbed him around half time. It's impossible to reconcile the different treatments. And that's because there's no valid reason for it except mis-placed belief in his ability.
Sure, but half time <> quarter time.

Grow up Matty. :thumbsdown:

A man can't have an opinion or at least a hope for a player? Unlike you I don't kick s**t out of players until they've totally earned it and I accept that this year Mackay has been found out badly. There's no way I would have started him on the ground against Hawthorn - that was a suicidal selection and IMO will contribute to Campo having no chance of being senior coach next year

If I was to list on BigFooty all the bullshit and incorrect judgements that I've listened to from you for hours when you're pissed as a maggot I would be typing on this forum for hours but unlike you I prefer to keep our private conversations private.

You need to reassess your method of rating what to post and what not to post. :thumbsdown:

My post appears to be a mistake. It was related to a ............. response in another thread, which I took offense to as it was rather dismissive of my appropriate outrage and not really a neccessary post if it's not going to engage in discussion. I was certain that you had posted it which is why I loaded both barrels in my retort. Having said that, I cannot find that post anywhere, so have no idea who or whether it was even posted in the first place. Apologies for my post, it appears to have been mis-directed at best and delusional at worst. That being said, I would have thought that most of my views are at worst arguable. The only one that hasn't ultimately resulted in general acceptance is my view that Thommo's output is less than his numbers suggest and that we'd be better off if he'd been rested a couple of times. Both for his performance and also for game time for the next blokes in line.

Sure, but half time <> quarter time.

To put that in context, the response to me was that the game was in the balance v Bulldogs, so it made sense to replace a struggling Rat with Dmac. Whereas the game against the Hawks was over at half time, so there was no need to make that early change. My response was tongue in cheek in that while we still had a chance, we needed to get Dmac out of there. Which was probably at about the quarter time mark.

just take a break from the crows forum then? how long does it last?
Because you don't like the avatar and sig from a bet I lost I should take a break? Lol. Don't go Full Lindy on me! Anyways it's a month. I shall endeavour to quality over quantity on our boards so it doesn't diminish your experience.:thumbsu:

Back