Votes: 129 63.9%
  • Nah, gun. Keep him in.

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • Send him to the SANFL to find form

Votes: 61 30.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The year is 2037
Adelaide, off the back of a capitulation in their first grand final since 2017, re-sign stalwart David Mackay to a 1 year deal.
Senior Coach, Nathan van Berlo told reporters "I'm full of enthusiasm entering into my 13th season as senior coach, and couldn't be happier to have David along for the ride once more. He's a quality person"

The year is 2037
Adelaide, off the back of a capitulation in their first grand final since 2017, re-sign stalwart David Mackay to a 1 year deal.
Senior Coach, Nathan van Berlo told reporters "I'm full of enthusiasm entering into my 13th season as senior coach, and couldn't be happier to have David along for the ride once more. He's a quality person"
Apparently he's lighting it up on the track and you wish you had 20 of them for game day!

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

You know, I get the feeling DMac will be sorely missed once he retires. I mean, who could ever match him on this board’s whipping boy status?!

Absolutely not. It is always preferable that a young player plays SANFL over sitting on the bench in the AFL. We need them presenting their case as to why they should be selected, and to do so, you need to actually be playing the game.

We got lucky that no one got injured, which allowed Fog to go back to the SANFL and to restart making a case to be brought back. Gets 10-15% of game time in the 1s, and it's a disaster.
The problem is the SANFL have made the stupid rule if you are sub you can’t play.

The problem is the SANFL have made the stupid rule if you are sub you can’t play.

You can play SANFL if you're the sub, if you did not get a single minute of gametime. Hence Fog ended up with 18 disposals in the SANFL. If he played for even a minute, he wouldn't be allowed to play SANFL that week.

You can play SANFL if you're the sub, if you did not get a single minute of gametime. Hence Fog ended up with 18 disposals in the SANFL. If he played for even a minute, he wouldn't be allowed to play SANFL that week.
That’s what I’m saying though you can’t risk a young player being the sub because he might get 1/2hr game time.
If the SANFL didn’t have the rule I’m sure that player would also play in the SANFL and not miss a game.

The year is 2037
I will give you the heads up here as a lock. A Mackay will still be in the side.

Carlton have SOS. We will have SOM.

Son of Mackay. :drunk:

He will be about 18+ or so in 2037

That’s what I’m saying though you can’t risk a young player being the sub because he might get 1/2hr game time.
If the SANFL didn’t have the rule I’m sure that player would also play in the SANFL and not miss a game.
The SANFL is doing the right thing by having that rule IMO. If a Sub player is playing 1 and a half games in a weekend (1/2 AFL + 1 SANFL), it might be an overburden on that player’s body. Particularly if it’s a young player with not yet a fully developed body. This might then lead to an increased risk of injuries.

I will give you the heads up here as a lock. A Mackay will still be in the side.

Carlton have SOS. We will have SOM.

Son of Mackay. :drunk:

He will be about 18+ or so in 2037
Might be the first ever father and son playing in the same AFL game! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IIRC there was something like only about a 5 year age gap between when Ablett Snr retired and Jnr played.
Would be interesting to see if something like that might ever happen. Would be an unbelievable achievement if it does occur.

If we’re so far gone that we can’t even acknowledge when he plays well then that is poor reflection on us, and not him

he’s not worth all this emotional investment into deriding him

It's not about him, it's about the philosophy that leads to his selection. Each year that his career has progressed it further entrenches a clearly failed selection philosophy. If it was Crocker at least there'd be a tiny skerrick of a hope he'd be in our next contending group and could improve beyond a fringe player. Understandable to play through their mid-20's in a contending group, but not now. It's not the player, it's the very clear selection philosophy that results in him getting a game and now being locked in for weeks.

Patrick Naish played both AFL and VFL last weekend. Was on for like 10 minutes on Friday against the Western Bulldogs and then played Saturday afternoon against Weribee in the VFL.

No reason we shouldn't be the same, the rule was simply put in place as an attempt to weaken us and Port in SANFL games.

It's not about him, it's about the philosophy that leads to his selection. Each year that his career has progressed it further entrenches a clearly failed selection philosophy. If it was Crocker at least there'd be a tiny skerrick of a hope he'd be in our next contending group and could improve beyond a fringe player. Understandable to play through their mid-20's in a contending group, but not now. It's not the player, it's the very clear selection philosophy that results in him getting a game and now being locked in for weeks.

yeah but what can he do about it?

how is it his fault

Back