Golden Globes- on now- Fox 8

Remove this Banner Ad

BLL sweeps. Well deserved. If only they wouldn't make a sequel... Americans often ruin a good thing. Let it stand on its own and be remembered for its excellence.

Agreed.

It would be extremely unlikely that something as devastating in real life could be matched or followed up.

In a nutshell: Arrived in 1975 as a teacher. Left in 2000 to take care of my parents in the states. Returned May 1, 2017 after parents deaths.

And yes, I am old enough to have seen the real gasometer, the human and the thing. (Though hard to tell the difference, some say.)

Yep. Used to go down to Arden St in the 70s and stand on that wing. Went with Parents but sheesh wat an experience...full strength beer...fights...drunks....the works. All seen through the eyes of a 10 year old and under.

Yep. Used to go down to Arden St in the 70s and stand on that wing. Went with Parents but sheesh wat an experience...full strength beer...fights...drunks....the works. All seen through the eyes of a 10 year old and under.

Yep. I'm lucky that I arrived when I did so I can remember what going to Arden Street, Junction Oval, etc was like especially standing in the pouring rain on a cold July Saturday. The Animal Enclosure at Moorabbin was fun. Good times. :D

Yep. I'm lucky that I arrived when I did so I can remember what going to Arden Street, Junction Oval, etc was like especially standing in the pouring rain on a cold July Saturday. The Animal Enclosure at Moorabbin was fun. Good times. :D

Vic Park wasnt fun.

Hell.

Vic Park wasnt fun.

Hell.
Never saw us win there. I was on my way to the Gold Coast in a bus during the school holidays in our only win there while I was here. Damn!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did not know the background of why he not played but that was first game of football I watched as a kid. The 77 grand final. Incredible first game I watch was a draw.
All I remember is that Crackers took his place. I went to both GFs that year. I had standing room for the first; a seat for the second through a student whose mother worked at the MCG. I enjoyed watching Collingwood lose Grand Finals back then. 1990, not so much.;)

Yeah. Mendelson good actor. Not seen him in anything for years.
Animal Kingdom. I was supposed to see a special showing of it in a nearby theater, but a snowstorm prevented that. Waited to see it on HBO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back