Tertiary and Continuing Golden Key

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone hear of them and what they can offer?

I was sent an invite for being in the top 15% of students within the faculty.

There's a $100+ joining fee and an intro night (A night where I already have an important career event) so I'm just tossing up whether to join?

I didn't join when I got the letter. It seemed like pointless wank to me. There are some threads on whirlpool that pretty much say the same thing.

If you're hard up with cash just put it on your resume and don't join.

Sends the message to prospective employers that you're in the top 15% of your cohort and saves you $100 and a truckload of further spam probably.

Scam that appeals to people's intellectual vanity.

Your transcript sufficiently states your results. The idea of an 'exclusive society' is just offered to try and increase people's self-importance.

Just think, if they really wanted you, would they offer it to nearly everyone/make you pay to get in?

If you join, be prepared for a whole lot of emails that you will never read...

my girlfriend at the time convinced me to accept the invitation I got... I think that was because she got sucked into it when she first got invited how ever many years earlier and thought it would be funny or something....

I do laugh at how it claims to be 'exclusive' - So many people get invites to this thing -

I joined. It's mostly a massive circlejerk. However, there was a member from my Chapter who scored $5000 on a scholarship to go overseas.
Was super handy come resume building time though.

Got an invite too but opted not to join on account of the fee. Sounded like a bit of a money-grab to me and "hey you can put this on your resumé!" is a bit of a silly reason imo. I can put "Invited to Golden Key for being in the top 15% of my faculty" on my resumé whether I forked out the money or not.

I received a Golden Key letter in the email, too, but thought it was junk/spam/scam so discarded of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I joined (can't remember whether there was a fee involved), but have not gone to a single event, not even intro night.

It's on the resume though, hopefully prospective employers actually care.

*mail, not email ahah

lamb, not a lamb

Lisa%20the%20Vegetarian.jpg

I've been a member for over a decade. There is not one single, or even slight advantage. Pointless ball of wank.

I received this s**t and considered joining it after a few friends did a couple of years before. Safe to say, I've seen the light and won't be wasting a cent on something I wouldn't even bother putting on my CV.

To me, it appears to be a cleverly disguised scam where people profit from inflating the egos of susceptible job-seekers.

I will not be wasting any time or money on it.

I got accepted into it when I was back in uni. Seemed pretty pointless though. I did however write on my resume something like "accepted into Golden Key Society" or "nominated for Golden Key society" Thought I should note it on there but without paying some stupid fee.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back